Nike Trainer 1 Mid (Vintage Shoe Box) Men's Training Shoe

in nike's defense, the sole collector post never said anything about a special box.

anyone notice that the shoes we got are differnet from the pictures posted on all the sites?? look at the back material of the shoe in picture, its suede, ours is nubuck, look at the tounge ours is reflective, theirs isnt. look at the toe. again suede, ours is nubuck, and their swoosh isnt reflective, ours is. what the heck is up w/that nike??? talk about a way cheaper version we got! mothercluckers

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

So they chose this shoe to bring back one of the best OG Nike Box's? Wow. (not in a good way)
that's what i'm sayin... wasting the box on these monstrosities...

imagine a high top air flight '89 retro FINALLY coming out, AND they come with this box... i would spontaneously combust...

Not really feeling the way they look with the alternate laces so going to rock them with the orange joints. Just put them in to see how they look.

24ypkeo.jpg

530m03.jpg

muudcg.jpg

is there a nike box resource website around? I know the 87-90 era shoes had the flip top box. But around 91 or so for a few years, you had the type of box with a separated top that went onto the main base.. Then around 93 you had a separated top box but with solid GREY and ORANGE. The stripes from the two boxes prior were gone.

for example: 87-90 era box with top on a hinge like recent boxes:
box.jpg

91-92 era with separated top:
nike6301sz9f_large.jpg

93 era with the solid color seperated top:
crosstrainers_main_large.jpg

Knowing Nike they would mess up on the boxes and give us the wrong era with a retro. I would rather them put that focus into the shoe design. You give them too much to worry about and theyll mess it up

talked to nike they said they are sending out vintage boxes and everyone who ordered can get one!!

Originally Posted by flappy188

talked to nike they said they are sending out vintage boxes and everyone who ordered can get one!!
Ducktales. Contacted Nike and they said it never states in their product description that a vintage box comes with sneakers. They said vintage box was displayed in pictures just to show where inspiration came from. If you get sent a box you will be getting sent the same orange box everybody else got
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by nystatenisland

Originally Posted by flappy188

Ducktales. Contacted Nike and they said it never states in their product description that a vintage box comes with sneakers. They said vintage box was displayed in pictures just to show where inspiration came from. If you get sent a box you will be getting sent the same orange box everybody else got
indifferent.gif

Thats the biggest lie Ive heard on niketalk yet.

Sorry for thread digging, but I finally got my pair and I'm wearing them out.

any1 still have these? I do and i have a perfect vintage box that they are stored in!!!!! i still love them. might break them out this sumner.:tongue:

any1 still have these? I do and i have a perfect vintage box that they are stored in!!!!! i still love them. might break them out this sumner.:tongue:

Pretty sure I've still got one if not two pairs. Thought they were a nice tribute and a cool orange shoe

Back
Top Bottom