NIKE STORES IMPLEMENTING THE RSVP SYSTEM

Sounds like it could work but as another user said Im located new orleans and there os no actual nkestore here only and outlet FTL AND FNL Should try something similar to this

They've been doing it here in L.A. for a couple months now, I think after all star weekend or right before it. I haven't tried it yet, but I might for some upcoming releases.

This is the dumbest mother %$++#% thing ever. Theres no better way to cater to resellers than to allow them the luxury of securing multiple pairs from the comfort of their computers with dummy twitter accounts.

Here's what you do if you're smart.

1) Make multiple dummy twitter accounts depending on the amount of pairs that you want
2) Secure the last 4 digits of your (non sneaker head) friends ID numbers NOW. Try to gather at least 10
3) Stalk your closest nike twitter account
4) ????
5) Profit

All this means is I don't have to pay people to line up for me anymore. They can just walk in and cop after I rsvp them

crying.gif

The idea sounds good. The twitter's servers can definitely handle the traffic volume. We'll see how it turns out.

rsvp on twitter is a gerat idea gives people so many chances to get the shoes eliminating big crowds. If Nike stores have a tweet release then HOH will do their line up and nikestore online will do their usual midnight online release as well as eastbay footlocker and finishline. Its a hit or miss with any of these. Ive gotten every sneaker release so far ever since the twitter rsvp and if i missed there i got my pair either online or camped out.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

This is the dumbest mother %$++#% thing ever. Theres no better way to cater to resellers than to allow them the luxury of securing multiple pairs from the comfort of their computers with dummy twitter accounts.

1) Make multiple dummy twitter accounts depending on the amount of pairs that you want
2) Secure the last 4 digits of your (non sneaker head) friends ID numbers NOW. Try to gather at least 10
4) ????
5) Profit

All this means is I don't have to pay people to line up for me anymore. They can just walk in and cop after I rsvp them

crying.gif

this was the 1st thing i though .... people will just make dummy twitter accounts & gather family members id#'s & have them pay after the rsvp confirmation....

imo it wont work because the twitter will crash or some orders might not go through. But it doesnt affect me since i dont have a Nikestore or HoH near me all i have is a footlocker and other stores so im set.

4) ????
5) Profit

crying.gif

Could you be anymore wrong? You won't see any of those pairs if you can't produce the IDs and people they belong to. I don't even see what you're getting at, except the possibility some reseller would take the time to create 10 twitter accounts and create some bogus 4 digit numbers just to lock them down online... only to never actually get them in person. That makes no sense at all. None. Oh, and if you're suggesting getting 10 people to go to a Niketown just to pay for shoes for you to make a MINIMAL profit, who really cares? Anyone who would put that much effort into making that little money at the expense of that many others time... Let them do it!

4) ????
5) Profit

crying.gif

Yeah but wouldn't they require to see ID when picking up the shoes?

Originally Posted by Fully Calibrated

4) ????
5) Profit

crying.gif

Yeah but wouldn't they require to see ID when picking up the shoes?
Yes sir. No matching i.d = no shoes. Half these teens don't even have an i.d. Gotta use mommy and daddy's. But even if one were to create multiple twitter accounts, by the time you logged off and logged back on, half the inventory would have already been rsvp'd.

Besides, if you want to get your friends and family to help put in that kind of effort so when it's all said and done you invest $1,000 to make $250 by reselling 5 pairs of shoes, who cares? I don't believe for a minute that the problem has been one poor guy getting all of his family to buy sneakers to flip, and that same person is going to work on setting up multiple twitter accounts to then organize some in person buyout of the inventory they reserved under semi-false pretenses. That is well beyond the norm and is irrelevant to the point of this new system.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

4) ????
5) Profit

crying.gif

Could you be anymore wrong? You won't see any of those pairs if you can't produce the IDs and people they belong to. I don't even see what you're getting at, except the possibility some reseller would take the time to create 10 twitter accounts and create some bogus 4 digit numbers just to lock them down online... only to never actually get them in person. That makes no sense at all. None. Oh, and if you're suggesting getting 10 people to go to a Niketown just to pay for shoes for you to make a MINIMAL profit, who really cares? Anyone who would put that much effort into making that little money at the expense of that many others time... Let them do it!

This makes no sense to me. Why would people go to a Niketown and get shoes for you for free just so you can sling them? I guess I don't get this pathetic reseller mentality when it involves leeching off of others to get the shoes, then leeching off others to make a minimal profit.

I think this is a huge disadvantage for most people who work and/or aren't usually on their phone monitoring twitter. Thankfully I basically work/hustle from my PC 13 hours a day 7 days a week so looks like I'll have the advantage to scoop up most of the stock.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by trappedintime

This makes no sense to me. Why would people go to a Niketown and get shoes for you for free just so you can sling them? I guess I don't get this pathetic reseller mentality when it involves leeching off of others to get the shoes, then leeching off others to make a minimal profit.
U mad.

from what i understand this is only for psychical stores NOT ONLINE STORES correct?

Originally Posted by Fully Calibrated

I think this is a huge disadvantage for most people who work and/or aren't usually on their phone monitoring twitter. Thankfully I basically work/hustle from my PC 13 hours a day 7 days a week so looks like I'll have the advantage to scoop up most of the stock.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
you do know its 1 PER person PER twitter account right?
laugh.gif

unless you have little brothers/sisters,and other family/friends monitoring twitter with you i dont see how you can "scoop up most of the stock"
laugh.gif

this new system should be interesting

Bravo Nike!!!

I think this is really the best solution they coulda came up with.

I think the only thing that would have been a better idea is a pre order system where you could pay for your kicks a month in advance and Nike would base production on the amount of pre orders......everyone is happy cause everyone has the opportunity to get a pair. It works well for us up here in Canada but at the same time we don't have anywhere near the demand so it's much easier to keep track of and organize

This is the dumbest mother #@@%++ thing ever. Theres no better way to cater to resellers than to allow them the luxury of securing multiple pairs from the comfort of their computers with dummy twitter accounts.

4) ????
5) Profit

crying.gif

LMFAO!! Please tell me how you plan on sending multiple DM's at the same time all with different ID #'s??

By using the internet on my iphone, laptop, desktop, and ps3 at the same damn time.

Edit - From just my laptop I can switch between internet explorer, firefox, and google chrome. Too easy
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom