* NIKE RUNNING - 2008 Releases *

Status
Not open for further replies.
lunar trainers dropped on ndc already nothin above a 12
ima be on ndc everyday now just checkin for the racers

sz 13 btw if anyone can help me out and how are those
zoom victories for running long distances?

NDC has about 4 colorways on display of the new lunar trainer running shoes. only that first white upper with black swoosh is available to buy.

does anyone know what type of shoe that is? im guessing netural performance.

the other 3 colorways are:

black upper/white swoosh and the volt midsole
grey upper with light blue swoosh and volt midsole
finally, a red upper/metallic silver swoosh and voly midsole.

blacks may be the shoe for me considering i run in dirt

I'm still a little unclear of what runner I should use to replace my AST 10's. The problem I had with my 10's were that they didn't give meenough pronation support and I felt they were a little on the firm side. I have a wide foot with a nasty flat arch. I have tried on some other runners... NB768's and a couple asics, however I get a sweet discount on Nikes from my buddy haha. How do the Equalons compare to the AST 10's?
Also, anyone know if nike is going to improve on the liners with some of their runners? I really think adding dri-fit could potentially greatly improve a lotof Nike's runners.

Quick Help running pros.

Im about 6ft 240pounds, I want to start doing some jogging and running, maybe run some sprints so I can begin to get down to abotu 215.
Problem is Im very flat footed. I need a recomendation on a shoe. Thanx guys.

ive used http://roadrunnersports.com many times to give me some guidance in shoes i may be wanting.

nike does a terrible job with motion control shoes, shoes that are for the low arched individuals. check them out.

brooks beasts come to mind as low arched minded shoes that provide cushion. but again as most will say, get properly fitted and diagnosed before dropping $120based off of internet recommendations, if you dont know what type of shoe is truely for you.. once you know what type you need, its pretty easy to pick out newmodels

Jeff and Wally

Just got back from Charm City Run and got fitted. They stuck me on a treadmill, videotaped my strike, stride, etc. Ended up getting fitted for the BrooksAdrenaline GTS 8. Actually felt amazing when I jumped on the treadmill. Picked up a pair however I'm very product loyal (and vain I don't care say it)to the swoosh. Does Nike make a shoe similar or in comparison to these? The Vomeros maybe? Let me know.

Hmack007, the Brooks Adrenaline is a stability shoe, as there is a 2nd harder density of foam on the medial side. If you got outfitted with those, that meansyou must overpronate quite a bit. Sadly the Vomeros will not fit your foottype, as the Vomeros are more for the efficient neutral footed runners. I think theclosest Nike shoe to the Adrenaline might be something like the Structure Triax. Basically look at the stability shoes that Nike has to offer, the ones thathave the 2nd density medial posting.

yep. airdong is right on the money. according to roadrunnersports, of the 57 stability shoes (the gts 8 is one of them), only 10 are nikes.

Men's Nike Air Zoom Structure Triax+ 11
Men's Nike Air Span+ 5
Men's Nike Air Trail Pegasus+ III

and also the air span +4 and the +10 structure triax.

ever thought about orhotodics combined with neutral based shoes? my shoe range is 10 times larger now with my ability to wear two diff. types

i have yet to see what type of runners the lunar trainer running shoes and the zoom victories, do you know jeff? im guessing neutral based on both. and thelunar racer as a neutral performance.

He didn't say that I overpronate specifically, however when we were looking at my strike on the monitor, it showed from the rear that my ankles tend toroll slightly to the inside. Is that overpronation? I don't know. He intially fitted me with a pair of asics, but the heel counter in the back pinched myachilles like a mofo. I was then fitted with some Brooks that felt like friggin bricks. I wanted something a little lighter because I don't "jog"I put in some high intensity work. When I told him what I do for a living and how much I run, he was kind of surprised and said that I need the support forseveral reasons. One I'm 5'10 185 with 7% bodyfat. I put in around 30 to 40 miles a week but its a hard and fast 30 to 40. I told him that I don'tplan on cutting down on weight and he said that my feet def will take a pounding. He also fitted me with the Equalon 2 but they just didn't do it for me.

I tried orthotics in my Adrenlines but they made my feet feel like they were coming too high out of the shoe.

Stupid feet, why can't they just be normal. I really wanted to put some work in with those Victories and Lunar Trainers.
frown.gif

PS, you guys are awesome. This is what friggin Niketalk SHOULD be all about. If you guys are ever in Baltimore during football season, hit me up. I'llthrow some comp tickets your way.

zoom victories are out at finishline in Cerritos Mall in CA
-tried them out (just walking around a bit)
-definately not for any who overpronates
-feels a lot like like a road flat - they are light, but in now way are the revolutionary in the weight
category
-the closest thing i can compare them to in feel is the skylon series (but apparently there is a new skylon model coming out as well)
-minimalsit upper similar to the hayward 3's (but with better upper support/fit - doesnt have that "my foots gonna rip through the upper feel that thehaywards have") also doesnt have that hard (not firm, i mean hard) midsole feet that the zoom rs, jasari and the haywards have

Yeah, if your ankles are rolling inward, then my guess is you need that support on the medial side. Then again Im no biomechanist, but I trust the expert thathelped you. To be honest, I see no big problem with running in shoes that don't fit your foottype, as long as you don't do heavy running in them. Forexample, Im an overpronator and I run in stability shoes when I know Im running longer than 3-4 miles, cuz I know I will need that support for those highmileage runs. But for really fast uptempo runs that I do for like 3 miles, I sometimes run in like flats that have some mild stability like the Mizuno Revolverand I plan on doing the same with the Lunar Trainers when they come in. I also do some quick runs in some Nike Frees, to try to strengthen my foot muscles, andI feel Nike Free does help in that department somewhat. No foot problems yet.

I mean look at the Japanese, albeit they have different body types than your average American, the Japanese tend to be smaller and lighter, which is why theytend to run in like racing flats. They have strong feet and they don't necessarily need all that technological mumbo jumbo for their feet. Yet they are theones who make the Nirvanas and the Kayanos of the world that have the best support. Kind of interesting. Sometimes I think our feet my rely too much ontechnology, and that we should somewhat get back to basics. Thats just my opinion. I mean I still love all the cool technological stuff, dont get me wrong.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

1063538fe326b3f449882dacfc9e5c1adc641b4.jpg

That is a SICK colorway!

Just picked mine up from the post office. They look good in person too!

Do you know where I could find a pair online, aside from ebay?
What's wrong with ebay? The guy I bought them from is a very reputable shoe source.

Unless, you know some Asian language the only place I have found them is Shoe Planet but they only have up to a US 10.5.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

i have yet to see what type of runners the lunar trainer running shoes and the zoom victories, do you know jeff? im guessing neutral based on both. and the lunar racer as a neutral performance.

I would guess neutral. My lunar trainers should be here sometime this week. The Zoom Victories felt alot like the old Milers.

What's wrong with ebay? The guy I bought them from is a very reputable shoe source.

Unless, you know some Asian language the only place I have found them is Shoe Planet but they only have up to a US 10.5.

Nothing wrong with ebay. I only asked because I had checked ebay and they only had up to a sz 11.5.
laugh.gif
I normally wear a 12 and I'm guessing thesedon't run big?

Nothing wrong with ebay. I only asked because I had checked ebay and they only had up to a sz 11.5.
laugh.gif
I normally wear a 12 and I'm guessing these don't run big?

I think they run a little bit big. I normally wear 11.5 in Air Maxes, but these fit great in an 11 (maybe even a little extra room at the toe. Now thatNike has finally made their toe boxes the same as the traditional running shoes brands, I have been buying more 11s. Just e-mail the ebay guy, he can probablyget a 12.

do you guys think that the trainers will hold up longer over time than the racers??????

thanks

Now that Nike has finally made their toe boxes the same as the traditional running shoes brands, I have been buying more 11s
I've found this to be the case for me as well.

I really think adding dri-fit could potentially greatly improve a lot of Nike's runners.
I personally think dri-fit might make your shoes smell really bad really fast because dri-fit absorbs sweat and holds it...I could be totallyoff-base.

sixzerofour: I hated my AST 10s because my feet were not wide enough for them. I would suggest Asics Kayanos or Brooks Trances if they fit your feetright..and also, I'm very price-conscious and love saving money on shoes, but I really think for serious runners cost should not be an issue. I think youshould find a shoe that meets your needs and pay whatever it costs because if you are in the wrong shoe, you have a much larger chance of hurting yourself,which could end up costing you more anyway.

Does anyone know when the Zoom Victory spike comes out and if they are sprint or distance spikes? On the videos that floated around a while back that showedthem they looked sort of like a mid-distance spike which would be perfect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom