* NIKE RUNNING - 2008 Releases *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have actual pictures of the Lunar Racers? All I've seen is the NDC picture.

Go to Kix And the City and watch the Stockroom July (embedded YouTube vid). Lunar Racer and Trainer pics.

Originally Posted by JinKazama

The Zoom Victory's are up on Nike.com (they won't come up when you do a search though; go to Nikestore mens/womens, running, and they'll be there.) Use one of the the coupon(s) below until July 6th to lighten the blow to your wallet a little.

JUNESALE1 - $10.00 off
JUNESALE4 - 10% off
25PCTNTF5 - 25% off $125.00 or more

copped mine for $90.00 before shipping and tax. Can't wait to rock these puppies in B-more next week.

P.S. - Eastbay now has all four colors of the victory's up and there's a 20% off code floating around on retailmenot.com

What you doin up here next week? Is there a race goin on?

HMack,

Nahh no race...My wife works for GE and they have a big conference next week at a hotel in the inner harbor. Me and our 4 month old are going with her and willbe runnin the streets of downtown in the wee hours of the morning.

I searched around, but couldn't find anything. Anyone know anything about these:

lg332082401.jpg

The Shox Inferno on the finishline front page. I really don't know much about current Nike Running releases, but these caught my eye immidiately becausethey reminded me of one of my favorite, underrated classic running kicks that I still own to this day, the air max triax '96:

mtriax96.jpg

Is this some update or something? Or just pure coincidence. Again, I looked around the forum but didn't find anything. Thanks!

Originally Posted by JinKazama

HMack,

Nahh no race...My wife works for GE and they have a big conference next week at a hotel in the inner harbor. Me and our 4 month old are going with her and will be runnin the streets of downtown in the wee hours of the morning.

Don't go past president st. You might end up in a bad scene from The Wire. Take the kid to Port Discovery in Powerplant or to the Aquarium. Itssummertime. Cheesecake factory is right in the harbor too.

Hmack,

Oh I know, I've been coming with her the past few years and one year I decided to walk from my hotel to Johns Hopkins...to see what that area was allabout. It was cool, hood rules applied..i.e...look like you are from there or get run up on. I didn't see nothin go down but I've been in enough hoodsto know that that area is not one where you get careless.

Me and the little guy will be running to M&T/Oriole Park and back.

Yeah run up to Federal Hill, everyone will be glad to point out where Jenna Bush lives. Secret Service have that street on lockdown. No parking. Period. Niceguys though

so saturday i picked up a couple extra hours at work
one of my coworkers come in with the black lunar trainers
unlike the ones we carry with the red mesh upper it had black
and i hear we're supposed to get a shipment of these in this week
and they are totally amazing, i cannot wait until we get them
first batch to come in, that size 11 is mine without a doubt.

racers or trainers for
Cross country-working out-practice for cc-taking runs(training for cc)

can't wait for this color to drop.

katc say 08.08.08 so we'll see i guess. a definite pick for me.

nikelunaracer_red.jpg

i love those air max triax above. i have a pair as well. i'm sure it was intentional. after all, they just released a shox version of the tailwinds lastyear. guess it's another kind of hybrid.

jeffgdula-

hey how do the air max 90 currents fit compared to your lunar trainers?
i'm thinking about picking up a pair soon and i'm not too sure on sizing
because i'm planning on just ordering them online...

eh, about the same. Though I got the lunar trainers in an 11 and the Currents in an 11.5 because I like my casual shoes to have a bit more room in them

In terms of comfort and performance, which would you recommend for running 60+ miles a week , Lunars or Victory+s?

I dunno that I am qualified to make such a decision without knowing anything about you. FWIW I change it up and rotate 2-3 pairs per week. The lunars arereally cushiony and the victorys are typical zooms but with better lateral support while still being super-lightweight.

I finally caved in. with the 25% off ending this sunday, I decided it was time to try the lunar trainers. It was between the racers and the trainers, andconsidering im 6-4 220+ lbs, i dont feel its ideal for a racer type shoe. my ideal weight is 205 or so, but even then, racers just arent at my level yet.

I shall see how they perform. my only comparison comes from the trance 7s that I run in. Knowing these are more neutrally based, and knowing I'm just aslight over pronator, it should be interesting how the transistion is. Ortohodic inserts may be needed.

so the currents fit true for the most part?
trying to decide if i want a 10.5 or 11
the 10.5 has just enough space in the lunar trainers
and thhe 11s are too big for me...

Whats the difference from the Lunaracer & trainer? Which would be the best for me for outdoor running? Im using some old Nike free's and they stillfeel good, looking to grab a pair of either Lunas. They look insane. Anyone know how they fit, and are they designed to be worn without socks like the frees? Ifelt it was very comfortable running without socks.

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

In terms of comfort and performance, which would you recommend for running 60+ miles a week , Lunars or Victory+s?

Thats a lot of running - I would go with some brick & mortar models like the Pegasus or Structure Triax first. Some of the newer models like theEqualon and Vomero too.....

I need to try on the Lunar Racers and Victories, but I would go with whats tried & true first....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom