* NIKE RUNNING - 2008 Releases *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

how were the edge trainer 07s? has anyone tried those? im starting to like the edge 08s. Nike.s website says the volt grey colorway is already sold out.

l_nike100920080123_02_1.jpg

I just saw these today at Champ's FWIW.

Zappos.com has these RIGHT NOW. had a pair on order thru Eastbay, but they're were on BO until 3/1 now 3/18 supposedly. $82shipped. they ship with the quickness, really good site.

Zappos quit doing free overnight though. Now it is like 3-4 days.

^^true true, but they still ship crazy quick. free with no tax. I recently ordered on Sat. and they arrived on Mon.

Hey - whats good Marky. I'll be snagging my ST 11s and the new AZE next week.

And you were right - the Equalon 2s do perform good on the road! I am taking them for another spin tonight!

For those asking about the Edge Trainer in that AM 95 Neon colorway, FSR on zappos.com

3449lbk.jpg

how were the edge trainer 07s? has anyone tried those? im starting to like the edge 08s. Nike.s website says the volt grey colorway is already sold out.

l_nike100920080123_02_1.jpg

Zappos.com has these RIGHT NOW. had a pair on order thru Eastbay, but they're were on BO until 3/1 now 3/18 supposedly. $82shipped. they ship with the quickness, really good site.

Got em in today. I ordered them yesterday...!! Will post pics and review when I get home.

Got em in today. I ordered them yesterday...!! Will post pics and review when I get home.

PLEASE POST YOUR PICS IN ANOTHER THREAD. These are not running shoes.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

PLEASE POST YOUR PICS IN ANOTHER THREAD. These are not running shoes.

Thanks.
This person hasn't posted the pic in awhile. It is copy/apsting. You dont think they are running shoes and its your thread. We get it. Butpeople can post whatever they want, wherever they want. Just like people can wear whatever they want for whatever type of activity they want. Most of thepeople I workout with wear running shoes when they work out. Plenty of people run in traniers. Some people wear one or both but do niether. Trainers looklike running shoes and people want to talk about them in this thread. It's not a big deal. Get over it.

^ Whether or not you think it's a big deal (and I agree, it really isn't)... I've tried to ask nicely a few times, and I don't think I'moverreacting now. I realize that people can post whatever, but it's just good board etiquette to stay relevant on a topic, especially when someone asksyou to. I was hoping this topic would have some potential for being a thread about serious running shoes, and it wasnice to see some good discussion about quality technical shoes (Nike or not) on NT. But it's not that hard to make a Edge Trainer thread if you want tostart a dedicated discussion about it.

A lot of people play other sports in other types of shoes. I've played pick-up basketball games in cross trainers, but I'm not going to start postingpics of my turf shoes in a BB thread. This has nothing to do with the fact that I created the thread... I'm just disappointed to see a quality discussionabout running shoes get dominated by a shoe that doesn't belong here.

No disrespect.

This person hasn't posted the pic in awhile. It is copy/apsting. You dont think they are running shoes and its your thread. We get it. But people can post whatever they want, wherever they want. Just like people can wear whatever they want for whatever type of activity they want. Most of the people I workout with wear running shoes when they work out. Plenty of people run in traniers. Some people wear one or both but do niether. Trainers look like running shoes and people want to talk about them in this thread. It's not a big deal. Get over it.

a.) no. there's a reason why the forum is broken down into sections and we should all know how to use it appropriately. it's common courtesy to thethread starter and other members of the forum to stay on topic.

b.) you can't assume what your friends wear for working out is what everyone else is wearing. topic title specifically says NIKE RUNNING in caps. idon't even know how working out came into the topic

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

This person hasn't posted the pic in awhile. It is copy/apsting. You dont think they are running shoes and its your thread. We get it. But people can post whatever they want, wherever they want. Just like people can wear whatever they want for whatever type of activity they want. Most of the people I workout with wear running shoes when they work out. Plenty of people run in traniers. Some people wear one or both but do niether. Trainers look like running shoes and people want to talk about them in this thread. It's not a big deal. Get over it.

a.) no. there's a reason why the forum is broken down into sections and we should all know how to use it appropriately. it's common courtesy to the thread starter and other members of the forum to stay on topic.

b.) you can't assume what your friends wear for working out is what everyone else is wearing. topic title specifically says NIKE RUNNING in caps. i don't even know how working out came into the topic

As great as NT is, it is NOT the place for serious runners and never has been.

I run several times a week (most in Asics Gel Kinsei 2s and Vomero 2s), but this isn't where I come to talk about serious technical running shoes.

I quit talking about or posting pics of the Edge as soon as the OP asked, but after he asked several times (and people clearly didnt listen) the asking becamemore annoying (to me) than the posting.

and as to your point b.: I didn't assume anything which is why I pointed out only what I witnessed. You are the one who made the assumption. I am nottalking about my friends bc I dont workout with them. I am talking about all of the people at all of the gyms I have ever worked out in. I think that is apretty good sample of what people wear to the gym though. I'm pretty sure the dozen or so places I have worked out aren't a running shoe wearing onlyanomaly.

wow. didn't think i'd start a war. just wanted to give people who wanted info on this shoe a heads up. You can have your thread back
eyes.gif

jeffgdula... NT's not my go-to place to talk running shoes either, but most running boards aren't as concernedwith aesthetics and new releases as NT users are. That's why I created the thread. But just because NT's never been a haven for runners doesn'tmean that a running shoe thread is any less deserving of proper board etiquette than any other topic.

SoleAddict... No worries, man. I didn't want this to become a "war," and I think it's been blownout of proportion a little bit.... but I just didn't want this thread to get too derailed. I still dig the Edge Trainers though, and I appreciate youwanting to give people a heads-up. Thanks.
Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Hey - whats good Marky. I'll be snagging my ST 11s and the new AZE next week.

And you were right - the Equalon 2s do perform good on the road! I am taking them for another spin tonight!

Flint--let me know what you think of both of those, particularly the Zoom Elite's. I've thought about picking up a pair of those myself forraces/speed work. And I'm glad the E2's are working out well on the road... I'm up to about 200 miles in mine, and they're still feelinggreat.

I've always been a big fan of the Skylon series, I even use a few models for casual wear. I fell in love with the Hayward last year and the new models ofHaywards do not even compare to the original. The new Skylons incorporate alot of technology from the original Hayward, so I'm excited to try them out.

On a side note, the Air Turbulence 9/Air Max Glide platform was a quality entry level line and would compare best to the Free Runner line of today. TheTurbulence 9 in the AM 95 Neon colorway is also quite pleasing to the eyes, and it's another shoe that I wish I would have bought twenty more pairs.

And while we are on the Neon subject, I picked up a pair of Neon Edge Trainer 08's and was quite surprised. My only issue is they run a little on the largeside and they over-correct my non-existant supanation problem. I won't do much in these besides knock around, but they are nice minus the over-correctivestimulas.

are the page 1 pics still working for people? I haven't been able to see them in quite some time and I dont remember the Turbulence 9 in the AM 95 Neoncolorway.

^ The Turbulence 9 came out in 2004 and was a Foot Locker exclusive in the Neutral Grey/Neon colorway. I don't have my pair handy (I bought four differentcolorways including these), but here is the only pic I could find of the shoe itself in a Euro-Exclusive colorway:

3ccc_1.JPG

Nowhere near as nice as the Grey/Neons, Black/Neons or Silver/Reds, but a nice shoe nonetheless. They felt like Free's do now, but much cushier in theheel.

For those Edge Trainers, I say you go to Niketown and use the 30% off coupon. I did and the total was $57.

man I am so sorry for bringing up the edge trainers in this thread, I just thought they would look good with the vomero 3 colorway as a one-two punch for yourfeet.

Looks like the women's update beat the guy's to the stores at least with pictures.
18595101_l.jpg

Although I can see this getting confusing because they are the women's vomero 2 and the men are on the 3rd version.

can't wait for the men's version.

peace

Jonas

^ I can't speak from experience, but those appear to be more of a "lifestyle" shoe than a serious running shoe.

Like many people have said before, if you want to go running in a pair of Nikes, the Bowerman series is probably your best bet. I recommend going to a runningstore if you are unsure what is the right shoe for you or doing you own research and you will be better off for it.

I didn't see this colorway coming.
happy.gif

looks good, don't know why NDC is showing a size 9.5 and 10 as the only ones available, I assume the website is going through an "update" rightnow because a few subtle changes have been going on.

peace

Jonas

I know the Expereince+ wasn't supposed to release until July but it is up on ndc. Any word on them releasing early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom