Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
Long story short.
Lebron stopped weartesting his sneakers after the Lebron X. He would routinely play ball year round with the Finals and Olympics that wouldn’t give much time to wear test his shoes. In the bubble he actually wore his sample wear test version of the Lebron 18s in all orange and went against everything Nike told him to not wear it in a game. He ended up not really liking the 18s and Nike was pissed cause he didn’t give them feed back before mass production. He didn’t wear test the 19s and did not like them either. Lebron was weartesting those XX samples and purposely filmed his workouts and purposely wore them to the Drew league. Nike does not want him wearing those samples but Bron is not listening.

Since Lebron stopped weartesting he has hated to playing in the 11, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19

Lebron has not been happy with his sig line and has expressed he enjoys playing in his takedown models more than his Signature and has made inquiries on ways to get out of his Nike Contract.

Nike has a bunch of talented designers that refuse to assist the Lebron Line because he has been abandoning models and requesting changes in the shoes that hinder the performance.

Doubt this is true.

He's at the end of his shelf life, and would have no appeal other than saying you have Lebron on your roster.

His money would be in his retro line and would be more valuable to Nike.

The public wouldn't care about future Lebron New Balance, Puma, Peak, Anta lines after he retries.

Now y'all got me thinking if LeBron pulled a Kanye and left for adidas/puma/new balance. Can you imagine if Nike couldn't/didn't sell retro LeBrons? If they did sell the models post LeBron, what would they even call them? Air Kings?

I highly doubt he does and I don't think he has the courage to pull the alleged Kobe move of potentially leaving Nike to start his own. I wouldn't be mad if he did, but it's like Jordan. No point in leaving at this point. They have a building named after you. They didn't do that for Kobe.

Also, for the most part, (after the 11) he wore all his sigs for the majority of seasons. He wore the 12. Wore the 13 until the elites came out and switched to soldiers. Wore the 14. Same with 15 and 16 (which kind of revitalized the line). Wore the 17 and 18. 19 was the first since the 11 where he wore different models more so than the main sig.

There will never be another Jordan in the shoe market and Kanye has the lifestyle market. There is no market for Lebron.

Which is kind of on Nike. When their basketball sigs were at their peak, stuff sold and sold well. But because the main lines have been so meh, ppl been clamoring for retros. When they start producing retros, instead of getting classic colorways we want they produce crazy colorways with a crazy $234-240 price tag.

Now y'all got me thinking if LeBron pulled a Kanye and left for adidas/puma/new balance. Can you imagine if Nike couldn't/didn't sell retro LeBrons? If they did sell the models post LeBron, what would they even call them? Air Kings?

I highly doubt he does and I don't think he has the courage to pull the alleged Kobe move of potentially leaving Nike to start his own. I wouldn't be mad if he did, but it's like Jordan. No point in leaving at this point. They have a building named after you. They didn't do that for Kobe.

They sell Deion's and sold Agassi's without them.

Adidas still sell Kobe's.

It can be easily done, and those Nike retroes would probably do better than anything else Lebron could do with anyone else.

Plus Lebron has no lifestyle appeal.

Which is kind of on Nike. When their basketball sigs were at their peak, stuff sold and sold well. But because the main lines have been so meh, ppl been clamoring for retros. When they start producing retros, instead of getting classic colorways we want they produce crazy colorways with a crazy $234-240 price tag.

I doubt Nike wants another person to get bigger than the brand.

Performance basketball as casual wear is down across the board. It's not a nike design issue, it's a modern cyclical fashion issue. It'll come back within the next 5 years or so.

If them big *** bootcut jnco jeans and awful early 2000s fits are back now, performance basketball will be back eventually.

I doubt Nike wants another person to get bigger than the brand.
I read a while back that LeBron wanted to get Luka as the first LeBron line athlete, but couldn’t get it done. The crown would essentially be his version of Mike’s jump man and would have its own “brand” under the Nike umbrella - I wonder if this is still the eventual plan and outcome with Bron being a lifetime athlete…

I read a while back that LeBron wanted to get Luka as the first LeBron line athlete, but couldn’t get it done. The crown would essentially be his version of Mike’s jump man and would have its own “brand” under the Nike umbrella - I wonder if this is still the eventual plan and outcome with Bron being a lifetime athlete…

He probably wanted it and Nike was like no we are good.

That's interesting since hardly anyone but Beldsoe and Robert Williams wear Lebron's.

LeBron going to New Balance to do 550’s and add legitimacy to their basketball line (+Bronny and Bryce being over there) is something I doubt Nike wants lol.

If what dude is saying is true I wouldn’t be surprised if Bron and Kyrie go same place although I still doubt he leaving.

LeBron going to New Balance to do 550’s and add legitimacy to their basketball line (+Bronny and Bryce being over there) is something I doubt Nike wants lol.

If what dude is saying is true I wouldn’t be surprised if Bron and Kyrie go same place although I still doubt he leaving.

I don't think they care.

Lebron has been wearing Nike's for his whole life. We see him in high school wearing Nike's and Adidas.

There's also a sincerity factor and people think you're doing it for a check. Where all of a sudden people see you wearing New Balance. They're less inclined to believe or follow you. It's one thing to leave Powerade for Gatorade.

and nobody is going to wear a sneaker because of Lebron, he's not that influential fashion wise. Just like Kawhi never was.

and Bryce and Bronny play a factor, but they don't even wear their dads kicks, so it would be interesting if Nike could start designing kicks for them instead. Also there's no telling how they would project at this point. They could end up being role players and not Lamelo.

They sell Deion's and sold Agassi's without them.

Adidas still sell Kobe's.

It can be easily done, and those Nike retroes would probably do better than anything else Lebron could do with anyone else.

Plus Lebron has no lifestyle appeal.

I feel you. I guess I just wonder why after 13 years, Nike still has not re-released the Original Yeezy or 10 years for the Yeezy 2. They know all shoes would do numbers. They could do the brown fur pinks with either model like they did on the LeBron 9 and sell out.

I don't see it happening. Can Y'all even imagine a non nike lebron? **** wouldn't look right at all. Nike makes the best looking sigs still.

Bron signed a lifetime contract a couple of years ago, why the mention of Lebron-less retros?

I don't see it happening. Can Y'all even imagine a non nike lebron? **** wouldn't look right at all. Nike makes the best looking sigs still.

I mean I used to hate that they spammed the swoosh on all their sigs coming up (as opposed to how timeless and clean the Jordans look) but it makes it easy for them to take the personalized logo off and release “Air King” “Air Mamba” “Air Easy” shoes if Bron/Kobe/KD ever dipped from Nike

Bron isn't going anywhere. The story about tinker not being able to deal with lebrons entourage is true but that was 20 years ago. I would find it incredibly hard to believe he wanted to leave seeing as how he signed a lifelong contract, has his own building on campus now, and there being talks of the lebron line branching out into its own entity. Any move from nike would be a giant step backwards he knows that. He's not going anywhere.

Tmac recently came out and said that his relationship with adidas is unrepairable at this point… but honestly not many were looking towards his retros. They sat and went on sale. At this point I don’t care to see him in another brand nor would it make any sense unless he pulls a prime time and starts coaching or his one on one league blows the F Up.

Back
Top Bottom