Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
I think the midfoot shank is pretty stiff out there box, so if your laces aren’t tied down somewhat tightly the shoe probably doesn’t move with your foot and that’s could be causing some slippage.

Just a theory, I have several pairs of these shoes and haven’t experienced any slippage but I did loosen up my laces once for a shoot around and felt my foot kinda moving up and down. Was an easy fix for me, but ymmv

From my experience, the foot sits a little high in the shoe initially until the foam breaks in, and then your foot sits a little bit lower and like you said the shoe will bend with your foot, which eliminates the slip.

You know what's the tech in these? I'm really interested in these, since they have a higher collar than the 20's and I have been developing some kind of ankle issue to myself where my ankles start hurting in the front and outer part after running up and down the court in lows.

And yes, I know that the ankle collar height doesn't do anything for the lockdown. I just have been experimenting with the Lebron 20's and Jordan 32's lately and everytime I wear 20's, I can't walk properly for a few days because of my ankles hurting. After wearing the 32's, i don't feel anything at all and can go on with my daily activities straight from the court work.

Have you tried doing some therapy / exercises to strengthen the muscles around the ankle? A simple but effective one is a tibialis raise. Just lean your back against a wall with your feet out in front of you, keep your legs straight and just point your toes up like a reverse calf raise. Do 3 sets of 20 every other day.

I would've thought NXXTs would come with a tech spec pamphlet like 20s did. Also we're pronouncing NXXT like "next" right :nerd:

8324F48A-77B9-454C-A644-716D6114BA21.jpeg

Not a complaint for me, but I have had the slippage noted.
I also cannot get a lock down in these darn things for nothing.

I LOVE the comfort though.

Give and take for me. I probably will move on but not a knock on the shoe at all.

Give and take for me. I probably will move on but not a knock on the shoe at all.

Try tying the shoe with a runners loop. Quick YouTube should explain it well. I used to do that with several low top models including og Kobe 6

Runners loop doesn't work bc of eyelet placement I dont think?

Saw on reddit someone said go through the top eyelet TWICE, meaning lace it across again and it works wonders
Shoot I forgot about that entirely. I’ll try the top eyelet twice. Wearing my new debuts for ball today.

Sz 9 is a bit tight but I think I just need to break into them so I finally wore them in the office which is weird as I’m a 9.
image.jpg

Trinity fit the tightest of the 4 colorways I’ve owned. The black mesh doesn’t stretch as much as the other colors for some reason. It also ran a little bit shorter in terms of length for me. Ended up exchanging it a few times then returning them, which is a shame because they are a fire colorway.

Trinity fit the tightest of the 4 colorways I’ve owned. The black mesh doesn’t stretch as much as the other colors for some reason. It also ran a little bit shorter in terms of length for me. Ended up exchanging it a few times then returning them, which is a shame because they are a fire colorway.
I tried the white one sz 9 and they had more room in the toes but your right on these ones but hopefully I can stretch them out if I keep wearing them but I won’t wear them when it rains only sunny days

Thinner socks until you compress the midsole foam enough. Sweating/playing in the shoe is the best and quicker way to get a better 1:1 fit

Try tying the shoe with a runners loop. Quick YouTube should explain it well. I used to do that with several low top models including og Kobe 6

Runners loop doesn't work bc of eyelet placement I dont think?

Saw on reddit someone said go through the top eyelet TWICE, meaning lace it across again and it works wonders
It's maddening they make Bron's pairs with an extra eyelet at the top. Clearly, they knew heel slip was an issue. Disappointing they didn't do it for retail pairs. I don't think it's too much to ask for a $200 shoe.

1dd468da-1004-4a0e-8cd7-f3686ecc1271-jpeg.3072976

I tried the white one sz 9 and they had more room in the toes but your right on these ones but hopefully I can stretch them out if I keep wearing them but I won’t wear them when it rains only sunny days
You can try some shoe stretchers too. I got some recently to stretch out some aj1 lows that were cramping my toes. There are some good ones on Amazon for like $15. I’ll look for the link later when I get home.

You know what's the tech in these? I'm really interested in these, since they have a higher collar than the 20's and I have been developing some kind of ankle issue to myself where my ankles start hurting in the front and outer part after running up and down the court in lows.

And yes, I know that the ankle collar height doesn't do anything for the lockdown. I just have been experimenting with the Lebron 20's and Jordan 32's lately and everytime I wear 20's, I can't walk properly for a few days because of my ankles hurting. After wearing the 32's, i don't feel anything at all and can go on with my daily activities straight from the court work.
The collar height DOES do something for the lockdown though. Not because of the extra material but just because you can lace higher. I think it would be really dope for next year's model to have the same cut with some new lockdown tech. You have to imagine how difficult it must be to make a super plush, super padded low cut sneaker that also offers top notch lockdown and remains incredibly light

Back
Top Bottom