Nike Lebron 17

Are my eyes deceiving me on does the 2k purple 17s, the air bag is thinner just like LeBron's PE?

Screenshot_20191102-095417.png

Screenshot_20191102-095446.png

If you compare official pictures of the different CW's that have been released, the Oreo's are the only ones which seem to have a bigger air bubble. The Lakers, 2K's, and Currency's look more like the ones he wears. Also in hand it looks like that too, I compared the Oreos with Lakers and Currency's.

I think you both said the same thing here, and just so i'm clear I do agree that these shoes aren't meant to be catering to every specific person. I'm just speaking from the standpoint that they have fundamentally changed a performance aspect of the shoe that goes beyond just "cushioning" or "fit". I just feel like if the size of the zoom bag is enough to make an athlete like LeBron ask for it to be changed then shouldn't that raise a fair amount of red flags? An also take the consumer out of it for a second, what about the college D1 athlete buying the retail version?

Again, I understand that they wouldn't have even put them on shelves if they thought it would be a problem for everyone but you have to admit its quite an alarming change to the point where as a longtime fan of LeBron and his shoes these little upgrades he gets added to his shoes after release make even me a bit hesitant to want to go hoop in them

diana taurasi’s PE looks like the retail airmax unit so does the markelle fultz future air.

the outriggers of the 15 was only made for lebron’s pair while schools like duke and svsm had the regular outsole even though they released later.

another would be the toebox issue with the 11 where later in the season they modified lebron’s pair to address it.

i think besides the retooled airmax unit maybe lebron’s PE has a few more extras. maybe his knitposite was made stronger and the forefoot max zoom pods lower to better work with the heel unit.

the design team knows that a person as powerful as lebron does put more torque than the average basketball player. so along the way they do tweaks maybe the entire season.

don’t hesitate to play in yours just because his pair has added tech. that don’t make sense at all. if the shoes don’t feel right then maybe you’ll have to look for something that works for you

diana taurasi’s PE looks like the retail airmax unit so does the markelle fultz future air.

the outriggers of the 15 was only made for lebron’s pair while schools like duke and svsm had the regular outsole even though they released later.

another would be the toebox issue with the 11 where later in the season they modified lebron’s pair to address it.

i think besides the retooled airmax unit maybe lebron’s PE has a few more extras. maybe his knitposite was made stronger and the forefoot max zoom pods lower to better work with the heel unit.

the design team knows that a person as powerful as lebron does put more torque than the average basketball player. so along the way they do tweaks maybe the entire season.

don’t hesitate to play in yours just because his pair has added tech. that don’t make sense at all. if the shoes don’t feel right then maybe you’ll have to look for something that works for you
Agree to all of this.

funny as well i really like the lebron 10 to hoopin even though alot of people find them unstable at times. I also loved the 11’s but they also ripped my toes to shreds and I dont even have close to what bron has going on with his mangled feet :rofl:

So the only purple based 17 CW will be an exclusive 2K20 drop, similar to the L.A. scavenger hunt for the 16’s last year?

1D1665E2-FEC3-4E8B-8A69-8641C984DC74.jpeg

I think I'm going back into LeBron hibernation......

I owned OG 2s.
Didn't buy another pair until 13s which I returned because they killed my feet.
Bought Red Carpet 14s.
Bought Championship ID Soldier Xs.
Bought New Heights 15s.
Bought retro Soldier 1s.
Skipped 16s.
Bought retro 3s.
Not seeing anything on 17s.
Waiting for retro 2s.......

So the only purple based 17 CW will be an exclusive 2K20 drop, similar to the L.A. scavenger hunt for the 16’s last year?

1D1665E2-FEC3-4E8B-8A69-8641C984DC74.jpeg
There was the Martin pair too, I liked those more than that limited purple pair even though there was red in them

There was the Martin pair too, I liked those more than that limited purple pair even though there was red in them
The Martin pair was cool, but I’m also a Laker fan, and to see how they handled the drop for the 16 was disappointing. This is looking like it could be the same. Not buying 2K for a chance to spend more money.

Anyone care to share the criteria for purchasing the Purlpe 17’s again? :nerd:

My cousin’s my player is at a 91 rating and doesn’t care about Lebrons so I’m trying to get him to get to do my dirty work :lol:

Meanwhile my old lady got me 2K I haven’t even taken it out the wrapper yet, just don’t have time for games like I used to :smh:

2ks are not for me

Now if they were the purple/yellow PEs he was wearing the other day, then that's another story.

I knew that something like this would be sharp. Simple contrasts, not too much going on. The texture of the shoe should lend itself to some really hip combinations. A Navy upper, white outsole, gold accents and swoosh would be fire.

Its seems the 17s will have bland GR releases and all the exclusive cw will only be obtained by playing 2K

Not sure if I’m in the minority but I’m over the whole LBJ watch concept. It was a pretty cool idea at first, but three consecutive years would kinda be OD. Not sure what inspirations they could draw from this time around but I’d be satisfied with Nike just throwing these on iD and calling it a wrap (in addition to any other GR or limited releases they already have in stores)

Back
Top Bottom