NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Could anyone clarify whats the deal with Nike/Kobe estate and NBA? How are the players still able to get their PE's even though they have no deal, but the public is left with nothing?

Could anyone clarify whats the deal with Nike/Kobe estate and NBA? How are the players still able to get their PE's even though they have no deal, but the public is left with nothing?
Kb824 IG page posted yesterday... essentially these are all pairs that players already had and that new models aren't being made.

I think it’s just a matter of time until Nike gives Vanessa the bag or retros them without Kobe/ mamba branding.

I don't believe it lol. Unless they knew it wasn't going to renew like a week in advance and players went on a design escapade lol
I figure some of these dudes especially the main Kobe heads (demar, book, pj, ad, khris) prob have more PEs than they know what to do with… new szn, pull some heat out

I got the chance to get a pair of gently used 2020 Grinches (worn 5x with minimal signs of use) for €224 (about USD $260). With a €50 Ebay coupon it comes to €175 ($200). Seems like a deal I can't refuse. Can't see myself finding Grinches for cheaper... what would you say? I plan to use these kicks to ball indoors (our regional season stars end of October). Your thoughts and insight would be greatly appreciated!

s-l16006.jpg s-l16008.jpg s-l16003.jpg s-l16004.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l16001.jpg s-l16002.jpg s-l16007.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to see some 8s and 9s. But I feel like it's lowkey disrespectful to wear them without the Kobe branding :lol:
Nah not me

if Kobe’s get released w/no Kobe branding, I’m not hesitating. Wish they’d mass GR them. Imo the lack of Kobe branding is just a sign that V and Nike could not make an agreement, that’s no reflection on me or anyone else. Any hooper or Kobe head still knows the deal. A Kobe with no Kobe branding is still a Kobe imo.

I got the chance to get a pair of gently used 2020 Grinches (worn 5x with minimal signs of use) for €224 (about USD $260). With a €50 Ebay coupon it comes to €175 ($200). Seems like a deal I can't refuse. Can't see myself finding Grinches for cheaper... what would you say? I plan to use these kicks to ball indoors (our regional season stars end of October). Your thoughts and insight would be greatly appreciated!

s-l16006.jpg s-l16008.jpg s-l16003.jpg s-l16004.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l16001.jpg s-l16002.jpg s-l16007.jpg
Steal, I’d get those for sure

Nah not me

if Kobe’s get released w/no Kobe branding, I’m not hesitating. Wish they’d mass GR them. Imo the lack of Kobe branding is just a sign that V and Nike could not make an agreement, that’s no reflection on me or anyone else. Any hooper or Kobe head still knows the deal. A Kobe with no Kobe branding is still a Kobe imo.

exactly. i can't get behind any other shoes, they just don't do it for me.. and i've tried to venture out. i'm so used to kobe's and i'm not gonna be young forever, so i hope nike releases something with or without the branding.

i can see nba players (demar, booker) continuing to get PE's this season without the logo. let's see what happens.. i know demar wears a new pair every game so he's going to run out of kobe's to wear eventually unless nike supplies him with something.

I didn’t know demar wears a new pair every game

I can’t speak on protros unfortunately but my OGs I felt like got better to play in once broken in

I'd buy and rock kobes without kobes logo so long as the tech is just as good or better than the OG and the shoes look like the OGs. Makes me wonder tho on say the 8, could nike still use the logo on the tongue legally as that technically isn't Kobes logo. That was a critical part of the 8 design for me...

It could be either..... but some of the colorways match traded to teams colors 🤷🏾‍♂️ and contract ended while players were on their old team

Back
Top Bottom