Nike Free Mercurial Superfly & Nike Magista Footscape

I'm not sure how big of an indicator the Sock Darts really are in comparison to this..

For starts even the Olive Sock Darts were extremely hyped due to the connection to "Fragment Design" (Hiroshi Fujiwara) and the looming release date of the Jordan 1 in the weeks that followed that release. Anything fragment related seemed to be caught into the hype tidal wave..

I do think the hype will grow bit by bit but the releases are on two different scales.. I'm sure someone could confirm that the Sock Dart release is probably much more limited than these will be.. (specifically in reference to Superflys and Magistas)...

Just my thoughts though..

I hope you're right, but my biggest beef is that it's Nike Lab. I've never gotten lucky on one of their releases. Hell, I'll even admit that I used two separate ATCs for the Fragment Is and I struck out, all the while using my phone, a laptop and an iPad. My expectations are not high for this shoe, regardless of it being limited, the lack of HTM on the heel or it being All Star weekend with a saturated shoe market. The fact that it's a Nike Lab release has my expectations low, but I'm hoping to get through for these. I loafed around back in June when they dropped, but I know better now :tongue:

I would hope you're right. However, with the Mercurials having previously been HTM's (even those these aren't) they will likely generate crazy hype. And the Magista's that have released overseas have all been pretty much instant sellouts with the exception of the photo blues.

So I still think the likelihood of being able to cop these is super slim.

And also i'm just speculating, but I would like to believe that the Fragment Sock Racers and Jordan 1s dropping near each other proper the hype of the lesser of the two..

You're right about the HTM Superflys but a lot of folks let that entire release slip by their nose.. For some the Volts were the same case.. Thats what makes me lean towards the obsidian and grey colorways will be more widely available---since they do lack branding and both are dropping on the same day..

The magistas will be highly sought after fans of the footscapes and probably pull in some mercurial fans in due to the mix in tech... And like always there will be some who just like 'runner's who join in the pot.. and the inevitable mix of resellers.. I still don't think it will be as bad if the numbers aren't screwed..

I purchased an ATC from Sole-Sniper thinking they would release on the 21st of this month. Hopefully I can still use that slot on the 15th. Been trying to contact him in regards if they will honor it, if not so I can get a refund. Their customer service sucks 
roll.gif

Just an update.

1.Obsidian Mercurial Superflys gonna release in Europe , its SKU code showed up on Europe swoosh accounts

2.From the production dates on the Superflys it looks that for the obsidian and the grey ones , there will be A LOT MORE PAIRS around than the HTMs . The production window is double the time . So a wise suggestion would be to wait for release date , and if fail then try the resell market .

Cheers .

Just an update.

1.Obsidian Mercurial Superflys gonna release in Europe , its SKU code showed up on Europe swoosh accounts

2.From the production dates on the Superflys it looks that for the obsidian and the grey ones , there will be A LOT MORE PAIRS around than the HTMs . The production window is double the time . So a wise suggestion would be to wait for release date , and if fail then try the resell market .

Cheers .
This makes me feel a little better, but I'm still not convinced these will sit for very long..is this the same case for the Magistas? As in there being alot more pairs going around than just the typical limited NikeLab release amount? 

In this order of priority for me:

1. Black Magista

2. Navy Mercurial

3. Gray Magista

4. Gray Mercurial

5. Blue Magista

This makes me feel a little better, but I'm still not convinced these will sit for very long..is this the same case for the Magistas? As in there being alot more pairs going around than just the typical limited NikeLab release amount? 

In this order of priority for me:

1. Black Magista
2. Navy Mercurial
3. Gray Magista
4. Gray Mercurial
5. Blue Magista

In all honesty production windows is more like a suggestion , than a sure thing . I strongly feel tha there will be much more of these around than the black ones.

And I say feel because NO ONE , IN NO RELEASE has actual numbers .And instead of goin out and being smart-***** with 'ESTIMATES' I d rather sit back .

Only sure thing is that the obsidian colorway came up in Europe , which makes me happy cause I want both .

I surely gonna go for all those pairs you re mentioning , besides grey magistas .

My black and blue pair of Magistas came in today .

:smokin

Last edited:
Just an update.

Cheers .
whats that code?

i know weird question, but how does flyknit react when it gets wet??? 
embarassed.gif

was thinking about wearing the magistas today, but theres a small chance of rain ^^

I don't think water will affect the Flyknit at all... it'll just make it look like you have a dark spot, but like water on any fabric, it'll dry up, no problem. that might be just me, 'cause i've had rain on my Flyknits... but because my Racers are yellow, it'll show dirt. easy brush and soap/water will have it come off.

by the way, in terms of "how limited this shoe is" talk, we can either look at the NikeLab x Fragment Sock Dart release or we can look at the NikeLab Roshe Run Tech Pack release (or even the Air Max Lunar90 Moon Landing release)... how small or how big that production number is, REALLY, will most likely not matter. Looking at the fact that it is a NikeLab product that has generated a very high level of attention will simply say that no matter what, if you're not fast enough, it will most likely be very difficult to simply add to the cart. It's NikeLab, for goodness sakes

Last edited:
Honestly these NikeLab releases are ********.  Idk how anyone gets anything from them.  That sock dart yesterday was just absurd.  Getting tired of that ********.  We can all "hope" for whatever we want, and we can guess on production numbers, but most likely resellers and their bots will scoop everything and then all the pairs will sit on Ebay for 3x value and never be worn

Sorry if I sound super negative lol but its almost impossible to get anything you like anymore for a reasonable price. 

i know weird question, but how does flyknit react when it gets wet??? 
embarassed.gif

was thinking about wearing the magistas today, but theres a small chance of rain ^^
Have 5 pairs of flyknits, if they get wet/dirty just use some Jason Markk or Soap water and a brush.  Dont brush too hard as it will nap the threads, but you can clean them right up

Back
Top Bottom