Nike Air Yeezy Thread Vol 4.. Net/Net 2 weeks till release....6/6/2009

I understand a few years ago, Hypebeasting was a bad thing; camping out for days, weeks, years. At this point, it's something you must do to keep up (i.e.with treands, fashion, etc.)

You guys really mistake my sarcasm. People are too uptight here. If I were to say "Time to hype up McFly's" in this thread, it's not likeI'm starting the hypebeast revolution on that shoe. There's already a thread dedicated to them, with a bunch of people eagerly awaiting to get theirhands on them.

The Yeezy has been THE hypebeast shoe of a lifetime. People who had surefire hook ups did not get them. People who have had no problem camping out and gettinga pair, had problems. People who have never had to campout, had to campout. That's the one element of this shoe that gets overlooked the most. It has madeone of the single biggest impacts on the shoe game at this point in time, and it hurts me to say this, but it might have caused THE SINGLE BIGGEST impact onthe game. When has there ever been another shoe that was being sold for 2-3 times retail on release date? How about auctioned off?

I'm a Jordan guy. And IMO, there will NEVER be a greater shoe than a Jordan 6, or a Jordan 11, or a Jordan 4. But for this upcoming generation ofsneakerheads, this is the end-all be-all shoe to them. this is going to be a classic in the making. And IT PAINS me to say because the yeezy is virtually afusion with great colorways.

And as I continue to hype, I have made a new sig/profile pic... It has def been influenced by the beasts who camped for a week in a mall, or a few daysoutside, or in their bedrooms at home waiting for ndc...

Originally Posted by harlem world 23

Originally Posted by kidcudahy

Originally Posted by StackS215

I dont know if ne one posted this but i thought it was cool
yeezy-b-day-2.jpg

yeezy-b-day-3.jpg

Is that a cake or something?

Looks like a cake to me
stay puft marshmellow man p.e.

Originally Posted by atljerseys

Man I need a break after copping each pair of Yeezys, this stuff is getting out of control. I do want to reach the status when I have the info for the exact drop time though. Next the Barack Obama Timberlands, j/k.
what do you mean status? all you had to do was call Nike...
roll.gif
SMH

I just got finished chewing out Nike on a survey they just sent me...I was mislead...told by an online rep at 3:20 PM on June 8th that the release was gonna beon June 10th, there was no time frame on the release on June 10th and that no other details were known. Yeah...NDC spoiled my 3 peat...I should be thankful Iat least own the first 2 colorways...such is life...props to all that got the Net/Net colorway...

Originally Posted by blackiceblaze

I understand a few years ago, Hypebeasting was a bad thing; camping out for days, weeks, years. At this point, it's something you must do to keep up (i.e. with treands, fashion, etc.)

You guys really mistake my sarcasm. People are too uptight here. If I were to say "Time to hype up McFly's" in this thread, it's not like I'm starting the hypebeast revolution on that shoe. There's already a thread dedicated to them, with a bunch of people eagerly awaiting to get their hands on them.

The Yeezy has been THE hypebeast shoe of a lifetime. People who had surefire hook ups did not get them. People who have had no problem camping out and getting a pair, had problems. People who have never had to campout, had to campout. That's the one element of this shoe that gets overlooked the most. It has made one of the single biggest impacts on the shoe game at this point in time, and it hurts me to say this, but it might have caused THE SINGLE BIGGEST impact on the game. When has there ever been another shoe that was being sold for 2-3 times retail on release date? How about auctioned off?

I'm a Jordan guy. And IMO, there will NEVER be a greater shoe than a Jordan 6, or a Jordan 11, or a Jordan 4. But for this upcoming generation of sneakerheads, this is the end-all be-all shoe to them. this is going to be a classic in the making. And IT PAINS me to say because the yeezy is virtually a fusion with great colorways.

And as I continue to hype, I have made a new sig/profile pic... It has def been influenced by the beasts who camped for a week in a mall, or a few days outside, or in their bedrooms at home waiting for ndc...

Kramer FTW. i took time to hype up mcflys as a joke, or time to move on, its not like him saying this does anything to the aesthetics of the shoes, or thedesire for people to cop the shoes, who cares if something gets hyped up, you cant control it its inevitable, people take this shoe thing as life or deathhonestly, half the people posting in here were just whining about not getting them or getting screwed over it sucks but its like you dont even have funcollecting/wearing/persuing shoes anymore why even do it?

Originally Posted by RetroTwoThree

Originally Posted by atljerseys

Man I need a break after copping each pair of Yeezys, this stuff is getting out of control. I do want to reach the status when I have the info for the exact drop time though. Next the Barack Obama Timberlands, j/k.
what do you mean status? all you had to do was call Nike...
roll.gif
SMH
who are you laughing at and "smhing" at which has been used 5000 times throughout this thread..if youd look around a lot of people gottold the wrong info on the drop, some got the right stuff, but city spud clearly said on this page he got told the wrong release date...

Mike - Just kidding, brah. You're right though. We're all guilty of being hypebeasts. That includes me.

I will say this though . . . I would have bought this shoe no matter if it was limited, or if it was available to any Joe Schmoe at any local Foot Locker. Alot of people will say that the limited tag adds to the appeal of the shoe, and in some sense it does, but not enough to keep me from purchasing them if theywere more easily accessible.

These shoes hold a lot of sentimental value to me, so I'm glad I managed to grab a couplepairs.

this dude blackiceblaze is spitting some truth. good insight. any further opinions on the impact of the yeezy on the shoegame??? will this happen once a yearfrom now on or more?? will campouts become the norm?? find it interesting how this shoe somehow resales for so much so easily.

Originally Posted by spacej23

Mike - Just kidding, brah. You're right though. We're all guilty of being hypebeasts. That includes me.

I will say this though . . . I would have bought this shoe no matter if it was limited, or if it was available to any Joe Schmoe at any local Foot Locker. A lot of people will say that the limited tag adds to the appeal of the shoe, and in some sense it does, but not enough to keep me from purchasing them if they were more easily accessible.

These shoes hold a lot of sentimental value to me, so I'm glad I managed to grab a couple pairs.

Ty you took the words outta my mouth man. Well said.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

this dude blackiceblaze is spitting some truth. good insight. any further opinions on the impact of the yeezy on the shoegame??? will this happen once a year from now on or more?? will campouts become the norm?? find it interesting how this shoe somehow resales for so much so easily.
I just can't fathom how NT'ers don't realize that, in a sense, there is a battle between alot of types different people for limitedshoes: Having alot of nice shoes vs. Being a collector. IMO sneakers are a part pop culture- more so with the fact that one of the world's biggestmusician's has fans/normal people/ sneakerheads scrambling to buy his shoes. I DONT LIKE SAYING THAT but look at these fools at campouts and what theywear. back in the day, you would wear decent shoes to get another pair of decent shoes. Nowadays, you see dudes rockin GR dunks to a yeezy release. ( NTCHICAGO upset me. LOL. Esp. the dude who was first in line waiting when the store opened Sat.- after we had been given wristbands. He had on wack GR womensdunks
indifferent.gif
)

i do think these shoes have been the biggest impact in a long, long time...

which makes me contemplate holding onto 1 or 2 pairs (aside from mine, i got 2 pairs of each colorway that are mine, and aren't ever going anywhere) to seewhat they'll be worth long term...

looking at how scarce they're becoming on ebay (specifically zens), the price may go up higher than expected (or the hype calming down now may offset thatand they stay about the same, or come down even, and if a GR drops, who knows what it will do to the worth of these initial colorways)...

i know i'm gonna unload a few here soon, but i'm super torn about holding onto a couple for the long term... at the end of the day, this has been aHUGE release, it's gotten so much attention from the media, superstars rockin' them, etc....

Originally Posted by victoryballer

Thought I'd just cop one pair to rock, but I'm thinking of tracking down all 3 cw's now....

SIG CHECK!!!
I feel you on that, I'm in the same boat....don't wanna drop $1400 for the other 2 though....

Originally Posted by chanjohn01

Originally Posted by victoryballer

Thought I'd just cop one pair to rock, but I'm thinking of tracking down all 3 cw's now....

SIG CHECK!!!
I feel you on that, I'm in the same boat....don't wanna drop $1400 for the other 2 though....
Keep searching until you find them in your price range, and you won't spend $1400.
Or find someone with both pairs, and work out a deal!

Back
Top Bottom