Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

I honestly didn't even read the story. I just find it comical that ballers in here can say 98k isn't life changing.

With 98k, someone could probably buy up all the legit yeezys out there and put a stranglehold on the market :lol:

$98k isn't life changing?
It 100% is. That story has bs written all over it. Guess how he was offered it? Through email! Oh yeah they didn't know each other but somehow he was able to figure out his email.

I think this is what happened.. He received much more realistic offers ranging up to 25k MAX (they are after all sneakers).. And he was thinking let me go ahead and push the envelope and try for more... Then announced he received an offer for 98k but decided to pass on it.

He could always fall back on this for justification *first pair of Solars allegedly sold for 90k in 2012*..

I think he has a price and if someone actually offered him $100k he'd jump all over it. Only way prices are going that high is if Kanye unexpectedly died at the height of his career.

I follow this kid on twitter. He's hungry for attention.. Starved actually.

Pretty much...

For reference...MJ's flu game 12s went for $104K @ auction.  

I don't know the kid/entire story, but does seem to be screaming for attention as @Mark081990  stated.  Either he was played, or he himself is/was playing everyone w/ that offer.  I know people are obsessed w/ Mr. West, but I just don't see it.

People w/ that kind of money can easily go buy a pair and find a way for him to sign them much cheaper than $98K.

Speaking of MJ, having seen the ROs in person (as @DJ Proto J  stated they aren't VR), the shade looks similar to one of the upcoming Jordan Future's (at least in the pic).

With Nike prostituting the Yeezy CWs out...I can imagine seeing a "Solar" version come out at some point.

Last edited:
I honestly didn't even read the story. I just find it comical that ballers in here can say 98k isn't life changing.

With 98k, someone could probably buy up all the legit yeezys out there and put a stranglehold on the market
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To some of us, it's not though.

With 98k, someone could probably buy up all the legit yeezys out there and put a stranglehold on the market :lol:
:lol:

To some of us, it's not though.

whats your income if you don't mind me asking? 98K is a years salary after taxes for the well off. 2 years of salary post tax for the "middle class"

whats your income if you don't mind me asking? 98K is a years salary after taxes for the well off. 2 years of salary post tax for the "middle class"
That's what I'm saying :lol: you making what a lot of people are making in a year with that money

You better believe uncle sam will come knocking for his share. You cant hide that amount of money unless it's cash. So you can make that 98 a 60.

You better believe uncle sam will come knocking for his share. You cant hide that amount of money unless it's cash. So you can make that 98 a 60.
why would you have to claim that money? Easy to say that it was gifted to you.

Haha, should have expected it to come to this. My salary is fine. If I were to tell you it's "x" times what you've considered "well off", it really doesn't make a difference to either of us.

My argument was simply that 98k is a few years of work for the average person (as you have mentioned). Think about how we still may have 30+ years of work opportunity before retirement. 98k doesn't allow you to "drop everything" and completely change your lifestyle, even with the assumption you're making the average salary for an American. We're talking about one pair of shoes, so it's a ridiculous amount of money. But then again, the base price for a resell RO is nuts as well.

Haha, should have expected it to come to this. My salary is fine. If I were to tell you it's "x" times what you've considered "well off", it really doesn't make a difference to either of us.

My argument was simply that 98k is a few years of work for the average person (as you have mentioned). Think about how we still may have 30+ years of work opportunity before retirement. 98k doesn't allow you to "drop everything" and completely change your lifestyle, even with the assumption you're making the average salary for an American. We're talking about one pair of shoes, so it's a ridiculous amount of money. But then again, the base price for a resell RO is nuts as well.

I was honestly curious but it sounds like you must be a millionaire.

No one said 98k would make it so that you wouldn't have to work anymore but it certainly can make a huge difference in your life for the average to above average person.

The simplest example is if you can apply 98k to a house purchase. It definitely changes a lot.

98K would surely be life changing, no doubt about that. Obviously not to where you can drop everything and chill at home but it'd do wonders.

why would you have to claim that money? Easy to say that it was gifted to you.

The govt will follow the papertrail or lack thereof. And you cannot simply gift that amount of money to people just so you know. Even your parents are only allowed to gift children 25k a year maximum. Your story will not pan out that easy.

For what it's worth, I dropped my size 10.5 off at FC two weeks after release for $5500...by then, the market was already flooded and a bunch of sellers reduced their prices to sell quicker.  As a result, you saw FC prices dropping to as low as $4000.  Seems like the market is drying up, or people are going to FC because of all the fakes/scams out there now.  My pair finally sold this past weekend for $5000.
Welp, I guess I spoke too soon.  FC had told me my pair sold last weekend by an out-of-country buyer through their website.  They just notified me that the guy's payment didn't clear so my pair is back up for sale again.

Who cares whether $98k is defined as life changing to you? It's still $98 F'ing K and you have to be a complete moron not to take it. That kid could have bought every damn shoe he ever wanted in his life probably. That, and still had plenty of money to travel across the world to track Kanye down and sign another 10 pairs of the damn shoe. At the end of the day, you're an idiot not taking that money even if Uncle Sam takes his cut. 

The govt will follow the papertrail or lack thereof. And you cannot simply gift that amount of money to people just so you know. Even your parents are only allowed to gift children 25k a year maximum. Your story will not pan out that easy.

Ya I get that. But if I got 98k for my yeezys, I'd pay cash for damn near everything and save all my pay checks (of course not spending more than 9,999 dollars at one time so it doesn't get reported by whoever I buy something from)

Couldn't he recieve the money all on cash or some in suit cases or something and the government not take anything? Or how does that work??

He could. But that's assuming:

1) anyone is crazy enough to hand you that in cash.

2) you are crazy enough to take that amount of cash and store it somewhere besides a bank. I guess a safety deposit box would work.

Edit to post before me. It is illegal to stash cash in safe deposit boxes at the bank. It will cause u to get a SAR

Suspicious activity report which will then require more investigation. Not worth it

Back
Top Bottom