Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Hmmm... curious. The picture earlier in the thread (above) shows both layers of the midsole above and below the seam being ZoomX, and the only REACT is a think layer as part of the outsole for better wear. But they feel different and only the top midsole layer feels like ZoomX? Maybe the two midsole layers are different durometer ZoomX, or maybe the picture is wrong or fake.

I'm waiting for the black CW drop on Aug 2nd, so I won't have my Turbos for a while...

I agree... curious. It's definitely react though - that section where the "Zoom X" label is. That part doesn't feel at all like the zoom x on the top or the zoom x on the VF. I re-read the description on RW and it seems to ring true to what the foam feels like. Here's that part again:

Featuring a midsole that is part Vaporfly 4%, part Epic React, the Nike Pegasus 35 Turbo is a lighter, faster version of the coveted Pegasus 35.

What's New

• Rather than the Cushlon and Zoom Air found on the regular Pegasus, the Turbo's midsole uses a combination of Zoom X and React foam to reduce weight and increase responsiveness.
  • The new Flymesh upper is lighter, stronger and more breathable than the mesh found on the Pegasus 35.
The Pegasus Turbo uses a two-layer foam construction which provides an extremely bouncy ride while remaining super lightweight. The first layer directly beneath your foot is made of Zoom X, the most responsive and lightest weight foam Nike has ever made. Beneath that is a thin layer of React foam which protects the Zoom X foam and allowed designers to use as little rubber on the outsole as possible.

The only part that doesn't make sense is the line where it says a "thin layer of React foam" because that lower portion is fairly substantial. I would be money on that piece being React.

Edit: It also makes sense because there's a heavy separation line, i.e. seam, running through the length of the midsole. That wouldn't be there if it was all Zoom X down to the outsole. Maybe there's Zoom X encased inside the React foam? That could be.

They were probably going to include a plate in between the zoom x layers but decided against it late into the design process.

I agree... curious. It's definitely react though - that section where the "Zoom X" label is. That part doesn't feel at all like the zoom x on the top or the zoom x on the VF. I re-read the description on RW and it seems to ring true to what the foam feels like. Here's that part again:

Featuring a midsole that is part Vaporfly 4%, part Epic React, the Nike Pegasus 35 Turbo is a lighter, faster version of the coveted Pegasus 35.

What's New

• Rather than the Cushlon and Zoom Air found on the regular Pegasus, the Turbo's midsole uses a combination of Zoom X and React foam to reduce weight and increase responsiveness.
  • The new Flymesh upper is lighter, stronger and more breathable than the mesh found on the Pegasus 35.
The Pegasus Turbo uses a two-layer foam construction which provides an extremely bouncy ride while remaining super lightweight. The first layer directly beneath your foot is made of Zoom X, the most responsive and lightest weight foam Nike has ever made. Beneath that is a thin layer of React foam which protects the Zoom X foam and allowed designers to use as little rubber on the outsole as possible.

The only part that doesn't make sense is the line where it says a "thin layer of React foam" because that lower portion is fairly substantial. I would be money on that piece being React.

Edit: It also makes sense because there's a heavy separation line, i.e. seam, running through the length of the midsole. That wouldn't be there if it was all Zoom X down to the outsole. Maybe there's Zoom X encased inside the React foam? That could be.

I'm tempted to go to my car during my job at look at my Pegasus Turbos to see if you're right... now I'm really curious!

One of the shoe reviewers who attended the launch briefing said there was only enough REACT to fill in the pentagon lugs on the outsole and act as foam lugs in the center of the outsole, like the picture shows. However, that other layer sure looks like REACT and that would be consistent with the description of shoe on web stores. I was assuming the seam was left over from where the nylon plate was in early prototypes before they decided to remove it, but someone who was an early reviewer sent me info on the prototype with plate and the ZoomX was a solid block and the plate was shaped differently than the current seam, so that is probably unlikely.

So, I'm totally confused... I'd like to know why the seam is there, and if the REACT is the entire bottom half of midsole or just a thin layer on the outsole.

Maybe one way to test is to put the Turbo in the refrigerator. Around 40F the REACT will get rock hard and the ZoomX shouldn't. I love REACT foam but it's one shortcoming is temperature dependence. It gets hard on cold runs, and the recent 105F temps around here have turned my Epics softer than Jello when walking on hot pavement.

Last edited:
F Four by Six is right, actually. If you put it in a fridge, the React is gonna get noticeably different. rfx45 rfx45 - send it back as "manufacture defect..." :lol:

"Hi, I'd like to submit a product defect claim; my shoes blew up like a Samsung Note."

I just chatted with NDC and the guy claimed he looked it up and the midsole is all ZoomX with no REACT, but he also claimed there is no seam and we can clearly see the seam... smh

I didn't mean to walk or run in them after the fridge, just push into the foam with your fingernail or the tip of a pen or similar and see if the two foams are different hardness...

I didn't mean to walk or run in them after the fridge, just push into the foam with your fingernail or the tip of a pen or similar and see if the two foams are different hardness...

That's exactly what I did when I realized there was a difference. Rub your finger back on forth on zoom x and it feels weird, almost like styrafoam. The bottom half of the midsole feels much different, actually the same as the outsole where the exposed react lugs are. My thought is that without the plate the full zoom x midsole was unstable so they sat the Zoom X on top of a curved react base.

Edit: I didn't actually put mine in the fridge though :smile:

IMG_4475.JPG

My pair was delivered about an hr ago. I just came on here, so I have no idea why people are putting these in a fridge. As soon as I cut the box open, I put these on and took a very quick jog around my park a block away. Based on that quick try-out, and the way they look on foot...I like these A LOT. Looking forward to the other colors. Sorry for the shallow review, but first impressions.... Oh, and initially hated the stripe. I was wrong.

Mine showed up about an hour ago. Very bouncy and responsive! Jogged in them on the treadmill and they feel great. Not as bouncy as the VF but much more so then epic react. Also upon inspection, it seems that the midsole is half ZoomX and half react. I know they mentioned that they used react to shore it up for stability, but seems like the ratio is about half and half. The upper part of the midsole where it is colored has that same almost styrofoam feel to it that the midsole of the VFs have but underneath that where the line runs through seems to be react, definitely not the same feel as the colored portion.

Some pics:

0B6549EE-4A6A-43EE-BD80-C48374A63B97.jpeg
542D7CB7-02BC-414A-8574-D2F88A6422AE.jpeg
1D9BF34B-6B3B-4218-90DC-7D3B6996D0E6.jpeg
FC041156-FDDD-4469-AEF6-EFFF1F88AD84.jpeg
B40B6338-D197-459A-B9DE-4024FBE17CBD.jpeg

Thanks for sharing you initial thoughts. Excited to hear how they feel for your weekend runs.

Can’t wait until 8/2 to grab my pair.

9547A367-DD1A-40F3-AEAC-F6298BA2BCFC.jpeg

Feeling lightweight and comfy. Gonna go for a run in these soon. Unsurprisingly, they’re more comfy than my Pegasus 34s right out the box, but I gotta take em out to see how they compare to my epic reacts.

Last edited:
Just ran 8 miles in the Pegasus Turbo. I think Nike has a winner with these. It provides great energy return at faster paces, yet is also very comfortable when walking around casually. I like them better than Boost, which to me are mushy. They also look great with it's translucent, breathable upper and pointy heal--has a very sporty and techwear vibe. From a durability standpoint, one of the best I've seen. They were wise to provide that layer of react on top of the Zoom X (or i think react). None of the rubber knobs on the sole show any wear so far and the exposed foam in the middle of the sole looks pristine.

Just placed an order for an 8.5 and a 9 when sized popped back up

Edit: also, some Nike stores have them in stock and you can reserve them then go pick them up in store

Last edited:
I don't even remember opting for overnight shipping and they already arrived.

I feel like
tenor.gif

getz_racer getz_racer F Four by Six - So I had my shoes in the car where it was warm, so the shoes got warm, too. The top half and bottom half of the ZoomX foam felt the same to me when I pressed into it, but when I pressed the outsole where the React is, it was VERY soft, so I'd say it's right how Nike described it: mainly ZoomX midsole with thin React layer on the outsole.

Here we go

Need to switch that denim out for some running gear! Don’t want to see these on anyone for casual wear!!

J/K your money, you do whatever you want

Glad to have feedback from the runners in here. Really hoping for an 8mi + run tomorrow

Need to switch that denim out for some running gear! Don’t want to see these on anyone for casual wear!!

J/K your money, you do whatever you want

Glad to have feedback from the runners in here. Really hoping for an 8mi + run tomorrow

Lol not my review. I'm only running in these to replace my beat up Peg 34s

Just ran 8 miles in the Pegasus Turbo. I think Nike has a winner with these. It provides great energy return at faster paces, yet is also very comfortable when walking around casually. I like them better than Boost, which to me are mushy. They also look great with it's translucent, breathable upper and pointy heal--has a very sporty and techwear vibe. From a durability standpoint, one of the best I've seen. They were wise to provide that layer of react on top of the Zoom X (or i think react). None of the rubber knobs on the sole show any wear so far and the exposed foam in the middle of the sole looks pristine.

Very awesome to hear. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow!

Here we go

Them damn Ultra Boost comparisons... but it was inevitable. To me, the Peg Turbo is the direct competitor.

Here's a runner's first impression though, which I'll take a hell of a lot more into account than the other one.

Back
Top Bottom