Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

Why do you mind? If you're looking for exclusivity, wearing a retro of a shoe that came out in huge numbers 23 years ago isn't a good idea to begin with.

Y'all talk about how these used to sit in shelves. Used to be a easy cop. You're all wrong, there just wasn't hype back then like there is right now.

Quantity is about the same. They didn't make more back then than what they make now. Only this shoe became sortve like a jordan fight release. Way too many made, here in Florida everywhere you go you'll see at least a few pairs of these on feet guaranteed

Last edited:
So you're saying that in 1991 when this was THE flagship Air Jordan, they were artificially limiting them and not cranking out as many as stores could order? Back when they only released 6 different colors of the shoe over the life of the shoe they kept it in production for almost the whole year, and then when the new one came out you could almost always pick up the old one and get clowned by people for having the OLD jordans when the new one was out.

Sure they were more expensive than most parents wanted to spend on their kids shoes which is why a lot of people lust after the ones they didn't get or were lucky enough to have a pair of growing up.

Not quite that old yet, I was only 11 when these came out the very first time, but your comment explains a lot. Air Jordans weren't supposed to be EXCLUSIVE shoes, somewhere between then and now things got twisted and people got it all messed up.

:smh: People wanting Jordans to be more limited. Only logic I can see behind that is if you personally want to feel more special. And seeing as how Jordans have never been mostly limited from the get go, i'd say you're trying to get the wrong shoes. Need to quit this line and jump onto the Yeezy's. :lol:

I agree. People who want these to be limited just don't want to break the bread to cop a limited shoe. For example, someone could have copped these in the last 2 years and rocked them without seeing many people with them on foot. However, you would have had to held on to them from the CDP or pay the cost to be a boss! LOL

Last edited:
I agree. People who want these to be limited just don't want to break the bread to cop a limited shoe. For example, someone could have copped these in the last 2 years and rocked them without seeing many people with them on foot. However, you would have had to held on to them from the CDP or pay the cost to be a boss! LOL

Not really man, you had the choice between Varsity Reds and Bright Varsity reds wrongly labeled as infrared :lol:

quote name="JordanHead718212" url="/t/538444/nike-air-jordan-vi-white-red-23rd-anniversary-edition-jan-feb-2014/5460#post_20692940"]

Not really man, you had the choice between Varsity Reds and Bright Varsity reds wrongly labeled as infrared :lol:[/quote]

My bad, I was thinking about Carmines when I typed my reply.

I see in the OP it says they would probably get Nike Air on them.  Is this true?  I can't read through this whole thread.  I will only buy the 1-6 that have Nike Air on them cuz that's what I remember as a kid and honestly it looks way better IMO.

I see in the OP it says they would probably get Nike Air on them.  Is this true?  I can't read through this whole thread.  I will only buy the 1-6 that have Nike Air on them cuz that's what I remember as a kid and honestly it looks way better IMO.

These already released, and no they didn't have Nike Air on them.

Not quite that old yet, I was only 11 when these came out the very first time, but your comment explains a lot. Air Jordans weren't supposed to be EXCLUSIVE shoes, somewhere between then and now things got twisted and people got it all messed up.
just bc your talking about jordans in the early 90s the kid thinks your 50 
roll.gif

i was like 14 or 15 when these came out and I'm not 40 yet 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what retros other than the 1999-2001 retros got Nike Air?  Thought they would never retro them correctly again.

^the first run of 1s 2s and 3s in 94-95, which continued with the 4 in 1999. Only some 1s and the 88 3s have gotten it since the blk/red and blk/royal 1s last had it 2001

^ Thank you guys.  Those III's are hot.  Might see about getting a pair off ebay.  Should have copped those but I wasn't even into shoes again until recently.  Well, from now on any III-VI that comes w/ Nike Air is an automatic purchase, seeing as though it would most definitely be OG colorways.

^ Thank you guys.  Those III's are hot.  Might see about getting a pair off ebay.  Should have copped those but I wasn't even into shoes again until recently.  Well, from now on any III-VI that comes w/ Nike Air is an automatic purchase, seeing as though it would most definitely be OG colorways.
do your research and get legit checks in the legit check forum. there are TONS of fakes.

the 2s kept Nike on the heel for a long time too, with it getting kind of weird in 2010 if I remember right with it going to Jordan on some and Air on others.

Thanks, yeah I'm aware of the fakes.  I used to post a lot here on NT back in like 2004 so I'm aware but again, thank you!

^Nice 
nthat.gif

Been wearing my pair quite a bit lately.  Call me crazy, but I'm one who thinks this kind of shoe looks better the more it gets beat...

Back
Top Bottom