Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Damn.

We talking bout dates now.

We'll see y'all, it was cool fellas.
I just seen dates posted so I joined in! 
tongue.gif

Judging by how many of these were produced and the a couple month production time the Nike Sweat shops must have been running the poor people that work there 22 hours a day .

so both shoes in each pair have matching dates?
that's one of the reasons i asked
sometimes the left shoe has different dates than the right, within the same pair, but you're saying they match
thanks for the info!

I didn't think about that @green rhino123. I'll look at the tags in both of the right shoe's later.

The dates won't really determine anything. They're not wildly off. If the tags look different from the FTL pair then that would be suspicious. If you're still concerned, I'd contact Backdoor and tell them your pair has some inconsistencies in its appearance.

Thanks pain pain , I'll do that tomorrow, too. Also, I found that Nike 3M shirt G. Those Rice & Bo Raiders jerseys are pure vintage [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]. I need to get one of those, and a Bo Jackson White Sox jersey. To tell you the truth though, I'd rather have a Vintage L.A. Kings jersey IMO.

:lol:
son dates don't mean anything anymore. left and right shoes are made in their own assembly lines. dates can be mixed up.
even if they were fake, which they aren't, these people do have access to copy and paste

I have to say that I disagree with this. I wear 9.5 in most Nikes, with the exception of Nike Frees. My foot measures a 9D on the Brannock device, which is to say that my toe just reaches the line for a 9. I ordered two pairs of 9.5s from SNKRS on release day and found them to be too short for me. I spent a day walking around the city in them and my toes hit the front and my feet were sore the day after. Luckily, I was able to grab a size 10 over the weekend following the NDC restrock. (By that time, Saturday morning, most sizes were gone but some were popping up occasionally, and I happened to be on the app when a 10 became available.) I replaced the insoles with some more robust ones and they are now comfortable enough. Maybe there will be another NDC restock during which I can double up, but I'm just glad that I was able to get the size that fits me after my initial mistake in ordering 9.5.

Obviously, everyone's feet are different and this is just another data point in the sizing discussion, not a definitive claim that anyone else should size up on these. (My colleague who is reliably a 10.5 in Nike seems to be doing fine with his 10.5 in the Black Metallics.)

I had the original Fire Reds 26 years ago and always wanted the black ones. Thrilled to finally have a pair. Everything about these seems well done and on-point. And the shoes look surprisingly good on-foot. To me, it's the best retro of the year. I just hope BRED 1s and Space Jams will be as good!
I AGREE HERE.. THESE RUN .5 SIZE SMALL FOR ME AS WELL.. I FINALLY GOT MY REFUND FROM SIVAS MINUS SHIPPING OF COURSE
mean.gif
AND NOW IM WAITING FOR NIKE TO CREDIT MY CC BACK

There are the exact same external length as my Oreos, and my big toe is in the exact same place.  However, they do feel a bit tighter.  Maybe b/c of the more slanted toe box, or materials.  That said, they fit perfectly.  A half size up for me would be too big and feel more clunky.  Overall I'm happy with these kicks.  I do like the WC4s better in terms of look and comfort, but that's always been my favorite model.  Can't wait for the BC4s!  

There are the exact same external length as my Oreos, and my big toe is in the exact same place.  However, they do feel a bit tighter.  Maybe b/c of the more slanted toe box, or materials.  That said, they fit perfectly.  A half size up for me would be too big and feel more clunky.  Overall I'm happy with these kicks.  I do like the WC4s better in terms of look and comfort, but that's always been my favorite model.  Can't wait for the BC4s!  

It's the extra padding near the heel that makes these feel tighter, in my opinion.

It's the extra padding near the heel that makes these feel tighter, in my opinion.
Not sure about that as my big toe sits in the exact same spot as my Oreos.  I'm veering towards it being from the more slanted toe box.

Not sure about that as my big toe sits in the exact same spot as my Oreos.  I'm veering towards it being from the more slanted toe box.

Interesting. I didn't think of that. I just noticed the padding and it was thicker than usual. Also the insole is thicker than previous V's.

I used to have a size 12 in the Oreos and that 12 compared to this one is night and day. The Oreos felt a half size too big. Individual differences I guess.

Last edited:
Interesting. I didn't think of that. I just noticed the padding and it was thicker than usual. Also the insole is thicker than previous V's.
That's a good point.  It's possible that the thicker insole is pushing the foot up a bit make it feel tighter.  Either way, it doesn't warrant a size change for me; these will undoubtedly stretch out a bit over time.  For people who are very borderline their TTS, I could see how this diff fit could push them to a larger size.  Thankfully the availability allows people to get the proper size!

Last edited:
That's a good point.  It's possible that the thicker insole is pushing the foot up a bit make it feel tighter.  Either way, it doesn't warrant a size change for me; these will undoubtedly stretch out a bit over time.  For people who are very borderline their TTS, I could see how this diff fit could push them to a larger size.  Thankfully the availability allows people to get the proper size!

I've been wearing my size 12 now since i received them and have worked out in them a few times and they are breaking in nicely. I have a 12.5 coming so I will get to feel what a .5 size up feels like.

I've been wearing my size 12 now since i received them and have worked out in them a few times and they are breaking in nicely. I have a 12.5 coming so I will get to feel what a .5 size up feels like.
Can you report back once you try out your 12.5?  I'd be interested to hear how much of diff you feel.

Can you report back once you try out your 12.5?  I'd be interested to hear how much of diff you feel.

Will do. I get them in tomorrow from Eastbay. Finding a 12.5 after release day was hard but got lucky this week when it popped up online.

Back
Top Bottom