Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

When you peel back the paper for the first time...

These are perfect. How could you ask for anything more? Best drop of the year.

I wore mine shirtless with some cavs shorts...
JRS.A.N.
laugh.gif

To pain pain , or anyone else that cares. My production dates are (01-21-16) (04-16-16) for my Foot Locker pair, & (01-27-16)(03/21/16) for the Back door pair. Hopefully, that helps out.

To pain pain , or anyone else that cares. My production dates are (01-21-16) (04-16-16) for my Foot Locker pair, & (01-27-16)(03/21/16) for the Back door pair. Hopefully, that helps out.

so both shoes in each pair have matching dates?
that's one of the reasons i asked
sometimes the left shoe has different dates than the right, within the same pair, but you're saying they match
thanks for the info!

Last edited:

The dates won't really determine anything. They're not wildly off. If the tags look different from the FTL pair then that would be suspicious. If you're still concerned, I'd contact Backdoor and tell them your pair has some inconsistencies in its appearance.

These are definitely the truest to size remastered Jordan's I've experienced thus far. I put in a thinner insole to stop the squeaking and they made them feel better fit-wise.

I have to say that I disagree with this. I wear 9.5 in most Nikes, with the exception of Nike Frees. My foot measures a 9D on the Brannock device, which is to say that my toe just reaches the line for a 9. I ordered two pairs of 9.5s from SNKRS on release day and found them to be too short for me. I spent a day walking around the city in them and my toes hit the front and my feet were sore the day after. Luckily, I was able to grab a size 10 over the weekend following the NDC restrock. (By that time, Saturday morning, most sizes were gone but some were popping up occasionally, and I happened to be on the app when a 10 became available.) I replaced the insoles with some more robust ones and they are now comfortable enough. Maybe there will be another NDC restock during which I can double up, but I'm just glad that I was able to get the size that fits me after my initial mistake in ordering 9.5.

Obviously, everyone's feet are different and this is just another data point in the sizing discussion, not a definitive claim that anyone else should size up on these. (My colleague who is reliably a 10.5 in Nike seems to be doing fine with his 10.5 in the Black Metallics.)

I had the original Fire Reds 26 years ago and always wanted the black ones. Thrilled to finally have a pair. Everything about these seems well done and on-point. And the shoes look surprisingly good on-foot. To me, it's the best retro of the year. I just hope BRED 1s and Space Jams will be as good!

Last edited:
so both shoes in each pair have matching dates?
that's one of the reasons i asked
sometimes the left shoe has different dates than the right, within the same pair, but you're saying they match
thanks for the info!

I didn't think about that green rhino123 green rhino123 . I'll look at the tags in both of the right shoe's later.

The dates won't really determine anything. They're not wildly off. If the tags look different from the FTL pair then that would be suspicious. If you're still concerned, I'd contact Backdoor and tell them your pair has some inconsistencies in its appearance.

Thanks pain pain , I'll do that tomorrow, too. Also, I found that Nike 3M shirt G. Those Rice & Bo Raiders jerseys are pure vintage [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]. I need to get one of those, and a Bo Jackson White Sox jersey. To tell you the truth though, I'd rather have a Vintage L.A. Kings jersey IMO.

:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom