Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

:lol:

Jordan’s only started to become bricks circa 2006.

Do you own any of the recraft AM90s or AM3s from 2020? That’s what Jordan 3s used to feel like pre-2006.

Somebody lied to you. Get we please stop believing OGs where made of feathers, cotton and gold. I’m 42 years old, I remember most of these shoes on my feet brand new. They were not that comfortable besides probably the Air Jordan 7 being the best.

Somebody lied to you. Get we please stop believing OGs where made of feathers, cotton and gold. I’m 42 years old, I remember most of these shoes on my feet brand new. They were not that comfortable besides probably the Air Jordan 7 being the best.
Someone lied to me? :lol:

So no one else had OGs and early retros but you? I made my statements based on my personal on foot experience, and not from some soft-eyed memory either, I mean having an OG/early retro and an '06-present retro in hand and putting them on back to back, and the difference is CLEAR. I'm not saying they were the most comfortable shoe out, but certainly were not the bricks of the last 15+ years.

Someone lied to me? :lol:

So no one else had OGs and early retros but you? I made my statements based on my personal on foot experience, and not from some soft-eyed memory either, I mean having an OG/early retro and an '06-present retro in hand and putting them on back to back, and the difference is CLEAR. I'm not saying they were the most comfortable shoe out, but certainly were not the bricks of the last 15+ years.
I had a huge response typed, but then realized I don’t care all that much. There was a reason Mj was really the only player in the late 80s wearing Jordans, not like today. I’ll stop at that

The OG Fire Red 3s in 1988 were PERFECTION. They were my high school basketball shoes only worn for games(not even practice). Any bad talk about the OG shape is nonsense. I’m even scared to see the retro because I know they won’t do them justice. Only the AMM 3 has given me sort of the same feeling, but even that lacks to the OG.

I had a huge response typed, but then realized I don’t care all that much. There was a reason Mj was really the only player in the late 80s wearing Jordans, not like today. I’ll stop at that
??
The majority of the league in 1988 was playing in shoes that were the definition of bricks. Full rubber soles, partial EVA foam at best. Cons, Avias, Adidas, Brooks, Pony, etc.

I think they weren't rocking Jordan's because they were his legit signature shoe and certain NBA Players had their own signature shoe. Not because comfort sake.

I think they weren't rocking Jordan's because they were his legit signature shoe and certain NBA Players had their own signature shoe. Not because comfort sake.
The culture back then—hell, even not long ago—was you didn’t rock someone else’s shoe. It was unheard of for the most part. It’s a relatively new thing seeing players do it. Like, only in the past few years. Half the league was not rocking Kobes when he was still trying to rip all their hearts out.

The culture back then—hell, even not long ago—was you didn’t rock someone else’s shoe. It was unheard of for the most part. It’s a relatively new thing seeing players do it. Like, only in the past few years. Half the league was not rocking Kobes when he was still trying to rip all their hearts out.

Yeah for sure, I wouldn't wanna rock a player's shoe on court that constantly whoops my a** and posterizes me. :rofl:

The only OG’s that feel like feathers, cotton and gold are 13’s.

This one of the biggest reaches in NT history though. I’ll stop at that lol

some of us are older than you so we did wear some of the OG models. compared to other basketball shoes of the era, they were all pretty comfortable. but as far as all-time comfort, the original 13 and 14 models can stand up to anything today in the world of bball shoes.

some of us are older than you so we did wear some of the OG models. compared to other basketball shoes of the era, they were all pretty comfortable. but as far as all-time comfort, the original 13 and 14 models can stand up to anything today in the world of bball shoes.

3s and 4s had practically no padding, and the midsole is virtually the same with slight design changes in how the actual midsole is constructed. We didn’t see a significant change in comfort until after the 7. If you say any OG Jordan before then was comfortable, you never wore a pair.

3s and 4s had practically no padding, and the midsole is virtually the same with slight design changes in how the actual midsole is constructed. We didn’t see a significant change in comfort until after the 7. If you say any OG Jordan before then was comfortable, you never wore a pair.

I got to wear the OG 4's in albeit 5 years after they came out. I didn't have the funds to buy those when they dropped in high school. Again, I said in comparison to other bball shoes at the time, they were considered comfortable. What models were more comfortable from that period? I didn't notice a major change in comfort or performance until zoom came out in 1995.

Comfort is often about the era that you’re in and what you know too. Dudes were rockin Chucks in the 60s probably thinking “wow we have high-end shoes this is great.” Then as mentioned, the 80s hit and bball shoes were brick boats and everyone thought that was normal. Jordans hit, were considered luxury, and for that time everyone was like “wow these are comfortable.” (Yes everyone where I was from). I do look at the 4s and 5s now and kinda laugh about it for sure.

I got to wear the OG 4's in albeit 5 years after they came out. I didn't have the funds to buy those when they dropped in high school. Again, I said in comparison to other bball shoes at the time, they were considered comfortable. What models were more comfortable from that period? I didn't notice a major change in comfort or performance until zoom came out in 1995.
Honestly, I have no idea why you even responded to my post. My reply was from a guy saying the OG 3s were more comfortable than the retros, and I said they are pretty much the same, in being not that comfortable at all. My main point was the differences in shape from OG to Retro for something like a 3 in JB eyes was probably a improvement. Having that OG shape is pure nostalgia, I get it, but wearability, it's not even comparable

Bruh, its documented that they changed the composition of the PU midsoles from open-cell to closed-cell PU. Have you noticed that the midsoles dont yellow anymore? or that they take much longer to crumble?

FTR, the "comfort" im speaking on is specifically the softness of the midsole.

I’ve never owned the OG 3’s but have had the pleasure of wearing the 94’s back in the mid 2000’s. None of the 3’s today come close to the craftsmanship and fit. The materials were softer and the shoes had a better overall fit. Once Nike/JB started going the banana toe route, it really destroyed how the shoe looks and feels on foot.

I’ve never owned the OG 3’s but have had the pleasure of wearing the 94’s back in the mid 2000’s. None of the 3’s today come close to the craftsmanship and fit. The materials were softer and the shoes had a better overall fit. Once Nike/JB started going the banana toe route, it really destroyed how the shoe looks and feels on foot.
94s are nothing like the OGs

The first pair of 3's I noticed were uncomfortable for me were the 2007 Fire Reds...
they were stiff, less cushioning - and the toebox pinched my toes (which doesn't mean make em bananas)...
Hoped maybe I got a bad pair or something...but I knew better...
They felt totally different than the 2003 White Cements...
I had no idea what I was soon to be in for (in terms of less comfort)

So this would be a fitting retro (for me) to restore some comfort to the model

...Although this is probably my least favorite og colorway of the 3's.

Bruh, its documented that they changed the composition of the PU midsoles from open-cell to closed-cell PU. Have you noticed that the midsoles dont yellow anymore? or that they take much longer to crumble?

FTR, the "comfort" im speaking on is specifically the softness of the midsole.
That is because the newer retro’s have painted midsoles, open cell may have been softer, by definition (I don’t believe) but closed cell actually prevents crumbling because it prevents water and air from entering chambers.

Back
Top Bottom