Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

agreed. i think the younger crowd suffers unfortunately. i mean, the price points are pretty bad. im just glad im older now and can afford it better than i would have been able to had i been a teen/college student.

Which is one reason why all these young bucks became resellers in the first place.

i cant disagree with this statement. i know older cats that werent into shoes but suddenly became shoe heads were having the same issues.

i cant disagree with this statement. i know older cats that werent into shoes but suddenly became shoe heads were having the same issues.

Yeah its almost impossible to get "every" shoe release you want, with the price point, and frequency of releases. Even Fat Joe said he stopped trying to get every shoe he thought he wanted.

Last edited:
I don't think sneakerheads win though, sneakers are getting too expensive. I think Js are overpriced, so are foams and other Nike retros.

Yep, it's refreshing to see Adidas building hype by selling $120-$180 Boost sneakers and seeing GR Jordans sitting on shelves for retail. Maybe the pricing strategy JB has developed doesn't work for all models (i.e. GR retro+ 2s) like they intended.

consumers lose unless you are someone that constantly loses on releases.
I was referring to consumers who are into sneakers, which makes up the majority of Nike's target demographic buying up Jordan's, 'hyped sneakers,' etc. Lets face it, Nike isn't targeting every household in America when they sell a particular model of shoe. Every model of shoe is targeted to a certain type of consumer, with outliers here and there. If the supply meets the consumers demand, and assuming consumers have discretionary income to spend on said item (irregardless of their financial situation), then consumers win. Seems like simple economics to me. 

consumers lose unless you are someone that constantly loses on releases.
I was referring to consumers who are into sneakers, which makes up the majority of Nike's target demographic buying up Jordan's, 'hyped sneakers,' etc. Lets face it, Nike isn't targeting every household in America when they sell a particular model of shoe. Every model of shoe is targeted to a certain type of consumer, with outliers here and there. If the supply meets the consumers demand, and assuming consumers have discretionary income to spend on said item (irregardless of their financial situation), then consumers win. Seems like simple economics to me. 

Consumers that are into sneakers still losing B

Edited: I do agree that consumers lose with escalating cost of shoes that cost $5 (exaggerating) to make. But from a standpoint of demand, want, willingness to spend msrp, and demand is met via increased supply, then everyone is happy. 

Last edited:
Agree to disagree. 

sorry dude but just because you cant afford a shoe, it doesnt mean you arent into sneakers. i didnt have much money coming up so i know it very well. raising retail hurts a lot more sneaker lovers than you realize. why do you think dudes are jumping ship and experimenting with other brands that are cheaper?

why do you think that the lower priced sig shoes sell so well like the KD 1-5s and the Kyrie line?

sorry dude but just because you cant afford a shoe, it doesnt mean you arent into sneakers. i didnt have much money coming up so i know it very well. raising retail hurts a lot more sneaker lovers than you realize. why do you think dudes are jumping ship and experimenting with other brands that are cheaper?

why do you think that the lower priced sig shoes sell so well like the KD 1-5s and the Kyrie line?
Sorry, I edited my post. I agree with this statement, which I edited in my post you quoted. I completely agree that consumers lose with increased cost of shoes. I could not afford Jordan's in high school, and envied my friends who could afford them/who's parents could buy it for them. As an adult with a interest in sneakers and flexible discretionary income, it is easier for me to purchase shoes now than when I was younger (obviously). Based on this, then the younger demographic they are trying to capture definitely lose. But since they post such high earnings each quarter (and I read the 72-10 was a very financially successful launch for them), Nike doesn't care. Though in big business, as long as profits are high with whatever business model they have, companies don't care, unfortunately.

Sorry, I edited my post. I agree with this statement, which I edited in my post you quoted. I completely agree that consumers lose with increased cost of shoes. I could not afford Jordan's in high school, and envied my friends who could afford them/who's parents could buy it for them. As an adult with a interest in sneakers and flexible discretionary income, it is easier for me to purchase shoes now than when I was younger (obviously). Based on this, then the younger demographic they are trying to capture definitely lose. But since they post such high earnings each quarter (and I read the 72-10 was a very financially successful launch for them), Nike doesn't care. Though in big business, as long as profits are high with whatever business model they have, companies don't care, unfortunately.

i agree with this for sure. nike defintiely doesnt care and we do lose. we are victims of our own addictions :smh:

...we are victims of our own addictions
mean.gif
Sadly, this is the unfortunate truth...

Sadly, this is the unfortunate truth...
Honestly, I go thrifting for J's unless it's a major key release. The pleasure of finding OG 12s, 11s, and old Retros is much more thrilling than opening a new box imo.

Last edited:
Although I say all that about Nike's potential for more profit, I don't really care at all about them as a company, especially how they operate all those sweatshops and cheap labor.

Although I say all that about Nike's potential for more profit, I don't really care at all about them as a company, especially how they operate all those sweatshops and cheap labor.
Why do ppl think Nike is the only company that runs sweatshops and use cheap labor ?

Honestly, I go thrifting for J's unless it's a major key release. The pleasure of finding OG 12s, 11s, and old Retros is much more thrilling than opening a new box imo.
Where do you go? I'm down with a little treasure hunting haha

The attack nike sweatshop always make laugh, when i was in high school (before some of you were around).... I think reebok or the 3 strikes got caught using kids to make soccer balls, the kid was  on news shows etc... But its always nike ppl focus on because they are on top. At least they ppl have better conditions than those in India making, clothes for walmart and H@M

The attack nike sweatshop always make laugh, when i was in high school (before some of you were around).... I think reebok or the 3 strikes got caught using kids to make soccer balls, the kid was  on news shows etc... But its always nike ppl focus on because they are on top. At least they ppl have better conditions than those in India making, clothes for walmart and H@M
Dude, I actually remember seeing this. Didn't this come up during World Cup time? I think it was Adidas.

Well Nike is a huge corporation, so of course there would be more of a focus on them than some little company that has a sliver of the sweatshop labor Nike exploits.

So attacking Nike doesn't solve the underlying issue of the workers in these countries, I'm just pointing out Nike has had a pretty bad track record when it comes to human labor.

Well Nike is a huge corporation, so of course there would be more of a focus on them than some little company that has a sliver of the sweatshop labor Nike exploits.

So attacking Nike doesn't solve the underlying issue of the workers in these countries, I'm just pointing out Nike has had a pretty bad track record when it comes to human labor.
I'm not familiar with labor laws in China, or any other foreign country for that matter. But as long as 'jobs' and industry are created in China, does China turn a blind eye to these despicable labor practices?

Dude, I actually remember seeing this. Didn't this come up during World Cup time? I think it was Adidas.
I

So i guess walmart and other companies that have ppl making clothes in buildings that collapse  have a great track record... I get what you are saying... But im saying dont single out one company when you have other companies that are worse...

I remember this Lol... They had cameras on workers making shoes in cramped spaces.. It almost looked like a slaughterhouse. I feel bad for those who work in those conditions.

yea its definitely not just nike and some shops are tragic.

remember the one that collapsed in 2013? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Savar_building_collapse

yea.... :smh:

Compensation to victims
As of mid-September 2013, compensations to families of disaster victims were still under discussion, with many families struggling to survive after having lost a major wage earner.[96] Families who had received the $200 compensation from Primark were only those able to provide DNA evidence of their relative's death in the collapse, which proved extremely difficult.[97] The US government provided DNA kits to the families of victims.[97]

Of the 29 brands identified as having sourced products from the Rana Plaza factories, only 9 attended meetings held in November 2013 to agree a proposal on compensation to the victims. Several companies refused to sign including Walmart, Carrefour, Mango, Auchan and Kik. The agreement was signed by Primark, Loblaw, Bonmarche and El Corte Ingles.[98] By March 2014, seven of the 28 international brands sourcing products from Rana Plaza had contributed to the Rana Plaza Donor’s Trust Fund compensation fund, which is backed by the International Labour Organization.[99]

More than 2 dozen victims' families have not been compensated as they could not back up their claims with documentation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom