Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

No Flaws? pffffft... Sure

You don't see that the 17th stitch securing the side wing on your right shoe is .03mm longer than the other stitches?

I wouldn't even return those. Into the trash they go :lol:

For real. People put the 99s in particular on a pedestal, but the QC on those was pretty lousy. One of the biggest issues was the size of the toe rand. My white/chrome "bling bling" IV's had that problem. On one shoe it was so low that it was almost touching the bulge on the midsole, while the other one was a good 3/4 of an inch away from it.

There were also major inconsistencies in the toebox shapes of the OG and 01 XI's. Some were bubbly while others were pointy. Often mismatched together in a single pair. Hell...I remember in 01 when a few people's XI's had the wrong color sole glued to one shoe :lol: .

People are under the notion that quality control back in the day was 100%, but then just like now... they're still nothing more than shoes made for the lowest price possible.

Lmao! This made my day. I've said it before people act like these are the subminiature component pieces used for precision laser calculations( I know I made that up)

But for real not to be insensitive or stuck up, but these people complaining about quality are either resellers of small qty or cheapskates that have don't really have the money to spend on these anyway.

These so called "og" "collectors" say it all went down hill when they took the Nike off. Lmao Jordan's until 8 years ago were the most uncomfortable heaviest shoes to play and and wear casually. They always look great but really if
You're not mj most Jordan's play like trash until the 23.

With that said quality has also been bad since the beginning. I remember my og 1989/90 white cement 4s had no holes poked in the top three spots on the shoe

. So just enjoy the shoes guys.

Last edited:
WHEN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT DEFECTS, JUST THINK ABOUT THE BELOW PICTURES...

I DON'T LIKE DEFECTS, OBVIOUSLY NO ONE DOES, BUT IT'S BEEN HAPPENING FOR AWHILE, AND WE CONTINUE TO BUY THE SHOES.  IT'S SIMPLE, EITHER YOU CONTINUE BUYING THEM WITH THE CHANCE OF GETTING A DEFECT, OR YOU STOP BUYING THEM (NOT EVERYONE IS THE SAME, BUT I'D RATHER HAVE THE SHOE WITH A DEFECT, INSTEAD OF NOT HAVING THE SHOE AT ALL). 

IF YOU KEEP BUYING THEM, THEN YOU KNOW THE RISK YOU'RE TAKING.  I'VE HAD A FEW DEFECTS ON SOME PAIRS I GOT IN THE PAST, BUT IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME, WHICH IS WHY I STILL BUY THEM. 

IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT PEOPLE SAYING YOUR SHOES ARE FAKES BECAUSE OF THE DEFECT, SIMPLE SOLUTION IS TO KEEP THE RECEIPT ON YOU WHEN YOU WEAR THEM
roll.gif

View media item 1916371
I'm happy. The grey to me is the right shade and there's no rubbing on my pinky toe. The leather/pleather is soft and flexible. So glad I pulled the trigger on these. Going to be my spring breakers.

Last edited:
Got my pair in yesterday. Looked fine but now I need to go check to see if there are any smudges. Haven't bought a pair of IV's since 2012. The leather on these are much better than the 2012. Did anyone pick up 4's from last year? How does the WC4 2016 leather compare to the leather from the 2014 4's? 

Last edited:
Got my pair in yesterday. Looked fine but now I need to go check to see if there are any smudges. Haven't bought a pair of IV's since 2012. The leather on these are much better than the 2012. Did anyone pick up 4's from last year? How does the WC4 2016 leather compare to the leather from the 2014 4's? 

the 2015 4s leather was chill BUT none of the colors were white, smooth leather so its no true comparison.

lasers were hard to tell about leather quality since it was all etched. the alternate, columbia, and oreo 4s were all tumbled leather. the teal 4s were smoothed leather but were... teal. teals may compare with the WC 4s and the leather on those were solid too... i think these are similar to those.

Last edited:

I have columbia 4s, plan on picking up 16' cements, but went to the local mall to try on and compare and cements blow these out of the water, contemplating selling my columbias for a pair of these now...

I have columbia 4s, plan on picking up 16' cements, but went to the local mall to try on and compare and cements blow these out of the water, contemplating selling my columbias for a pair of these now...

local mall still got sizes???

Blow out of the water?

Naw

If anyone is around the area, Finishline Del Amo, has a few restock pairs of WC4s and 72-10's. Check their IG

Comparing WC4 to Columbias/Oreos is like comparing leather to suede

Smooth vs tumbled leather are completely different 

Back
Top Bottom