Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Looks like I'm giving up on this drop. Seller that was gonna hook me an 8.5 just read my message, and didn't reply. I did a lot of thinking before going in for the kill, and realized it would be foolish of me to buy the same shoe twice. If I get these i wouldn't get the same hype as i had when 2013s dropped.

Might just settle for FF 1's + 1 pair of Vans and call it off.
Why not just save your money?

Really? They had to install nets to catch workers from jumping out of the windows to their death. There you go, one example is all you need, you can take it from there.

Foxconn! Apple is terrible.. It's a terrible company to work for.. The pay is trash in the retail stores and all the employees that make the products try to kill themselves or they end up with cancer

Really? They had to install nets to catch workers from jumping out of the windows to their death. There you go, one example is all you need, you can take it from there.

Foxconn! Apple is terrible.. It's a terrible company to work for.. The pay is trash in the retail stores and all the employees that make the products try to kill themselves or they end up with cancer
Can we just keep this stuff out of the thread? I work for said company and don't come to NT to read about how bad I'm treated by my employer (which couldn't be further from the truth).

Foxconn also makes products for Blackberry, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Dell, Motorola, HP, Google (android phones), Acer, Amazon, Cisco, Dell, Nokia, Toshiba, Vizio and more.

Can we just keep this stuff out of the thread? I work for said company and don't come to NT to read about how bad I'm treated by my employer (which couldn't be further from the truth).

Apple is terrible, and I'm pretty sure you aren't a retail employee.

The salt levels in this thread is at epic proportions. I, like many of you, missed out and I'm looking at the resell market for my personal pair. I think we need to stop blaming resellers and accept that this is how it is moving forward. Nike is a successful company because they are one of the best marketers in the world. They don't want us to be able to grab every release because it fuels our thirst for the next shoe. I have a budget (that number has a mid to high 3 in it so I'm not unrealistic) of what I'm willing to pay and if I can't find it, I keep it moving. /end rant

Lol what does Foxconn have to do with Chicago 1s?
Someone was saying they would rather give Nike $500 than give it to a Re seller.  And then he said no companies like Apple / Nike / Samsung make products that make my life better etc. I was just schooling him, that it's actually more moral to give a re seller $500 than Nike lol.

Like I said, keep your opinions to yourself or go to a general forum to discuss. This is an Air Jordan 1 Chicago thread. I don't come here to read this stuff.

Lol you cite ONE example about how some workers at an Apple factory kill themselves. So now these big bad corporations are killing machines out to get their workers?

Was it Apple that forced these workers to work for them? NOPE.

Was it Apple that forced these workers to kill themselves? NOPE.

People that hate on corporations because of some liberal article they read make me laugh. You probably typed your post from a computer made in a factory in China, while wearing clothes made in a Chinese sweatshop, yet corporations like Nike/Samsung/Apple are bad guys. Riiiight 
roll.gif

Lol you cite ONE example about how some workers at an Apple factory kill themselves. So now these big bad corporations are killing machines out to get their workers?

Was it Apple that forced these workers to work for them? NOPE.

Was it Apple that forced these workers to kill themselves? NOPE.

People that hate on corporations because of some liberal article they read make me laugh. You probably typed your post from a computer made in a factory in China, while wearing clothes made in a Chinese sweatshop, yet corporations like Nike/Samsung/Apple are bad guys. Riiiight 
roll.gif
Like the other guy said, this is about the Chicago 1's not sweatshops lol, I was just expounding on someone else's point, I wasn't the one who made it. I could have an hour long conversation with you about this, but let's get back to the shoes. (I didn't start this convo btw lol)

and edit* BTW I couldn't care less if those f**kers are jumping outa windows etc, as long as they don't get glue stains on my Chi 1's

Last edited:
I feel that I'm gonna come across a steal in a local FB group or CL. I need another pair so I can customize them into Blacktoes

Thought about it for a while. But the consumer inside me said no :lol:  but after I buy a pair I tell myself I wouldn't focus on buying sneakers for a while. 
For some reason this doesn't work for most hardcore heads. It seems like it's in or out for most of us. Similar to partying in that regard.

The salt levels in this thread is at epic proportions. I, like many of you, missed out and I'm looking at the resell market for my personal pair. I think we need to stop blaming resellers and accept that this is how it is moving forward. Nike is a successful company because they are one of the best marketers in the world. They don't want us to be able to grab every release because it fuels our thirst for the next shoe. I have a budget (that number has a mid to high 3 in it so I'm not unrealistic) of what I'm willing to pay and if I can't find it, I keep it moving. /end rant
True, all this noise is free marketing for Nike and JB. In this social media age, traditional campaigns don't drive sales as much as public notoriety. Just ask Kanye.

Like the other guy said, this is about the Chicago 1's not sweatshops lol, I was just expounding on someone else's point, I wasn't the one who made it. I could have an hour long conversation with you about this, but let's get back to the shoes. (I didn't start this convo btw lol)

and edit*BTW I couldn't care less if those f**kers are jumping outa windows etc, as long as they don't get glue stains on my Chi 1's

merica

Back
Top Bottom