Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I copped a bot. Not eem ashamed. None of my previous ATC efforts have come through (Superflys, Fragments, Gift of Flight Pack), but with SNKRS being widely available and The website being cooked, I wanted a little insurance.

By the way them better quality 2001 black red jordan 1 and blue black jordan 1 had certain number of pairs produced like 60K something each? do you think 60K will sit today? You gonna open your big mouth now trappedintime? those ish sat on discount shelves and you telling me there was demand? foh you sure trapped in time :lol:
What are you babbling about? All you've done is support my point. Resellers exist because demand has skyrocketed and social media is free advertising for Nike. They've cut their margins down significantly, and resellers exist because of the demand, just as they do in any market. If you aren't bright enough to see how things changed, you're a lost cause. But blaming re-sellers for Nike refusing to adapt to demand (only in certain instances now) is ridiculous. We've seen it all year. Just about none of these re-masters are going for above retail now. They raised the price, they increased production, and resellers are only making money off releases like this where Nike has decided to produce non-GR levels of the OG1's to instantly create hype. What is so hard for you to understand? Resellers only exist when supply doesn't meet demand, and knowing supply will be low (aka limited) is in itself a hype/interest driver. Nike pays no money to market now, whereas 10 years ago they didn't have the reach online to pull it off. Their position is the envy of the business world. Resellers are simply a byproduct, and a significantly smaller problem today than in 2011-2013. Give it a rest with "where u been" bs. I've been buying sneakers for more than 20 years. I don't need an education from someone who is so flawed in their understanding of basic economics and marketing.

You are partly right on the fact that yes resellers will exist if supply is low demand is high. I can bet the supply produced in the older days were relatively the same, and demand was low, therefore product was available and NO ONE was complaining.

NO ONE except real nike insiders know how much is produced, we can estimate demand though. You bought sneakers for 20 years and yet you didn't see the resellers taking advantage in large numbers because of increased demand starting with dmp packs, cdp packs and beyond? How stupid are you really? I've only been around sneakers since 2001 and joined 2006 and even I can tell yes the PRE ORDER prices were relatively THE SAME more or less as it is now, however only for certain sizes. Big sizes the prices climb, and now they are just increasing. the point is let the consumer buy the amount they want, and theres no need for this reseller business.

You want to resell, do it after theres no demand. You can resell all you want 1-2 years after product releases.

I cant blame anyone that pays $400-5 or more for shoes after 1-2 years. However I can blame someone paying $300-400 for shoes that are avaialable for $174 retail on release day

"Nike has decided to produce non-GR levels of the OG1's to instantly create hype"

OMG :rofl: what a ****** you are!

OG 1 ALWAYS WERE PRODUCED IN SMALLER NUMBERS. THE NUMBERS WERE PROBABLY THE SAME BACK THEN AS THEY ARE NOW LITTLE DEMAND BACK THEN, MORE DEMAND NOW. HYPE ONLY EXISTS BECAUSE OF RESELLERS

NOT NIKE

MAYBE IT MIGHT CHANGE NOW BECAUSE OF INCREASED DEMAND. MAYBE IT WILL STAY THE SAME BECAUSE NIKE WANTED IT TO. What are you going to do write a petition to nike to increase supply? when the products sell they are sold out and resellers place them on the secondary market. thats all. what does Nike care? they got paid, and here we are consumer versus reseller.

"Resellers are simply a byproduct, and a significantly smaller problem today than in 2011-2013"

Do you honestly see the rising number of pairs on the resale or secondary market on ebay? Did you see these many pairs on ebay in your supposed "20 years of sneaker buying"?

Do not try to educate anyone on this board about your "experience".

Niketalk is or used to be a board for fellow sneaker enthusiasts who discussed Nike sneakers and Jordan sneakers. Design, style, color, shape, size, history, cultural influence.

Take your economics and marketing bull elsewhere especially when you failed to see how Nikes and Jordans were back in the day

Nike and Jordan WERE AND ALWAYS will be popular, its just that there was a set amount of supply and the increased demand today will make these products appear limited.

It only takes 1 greedy economist type of reseller to buy up 20 30 40 x amount of pairs to increase demand that should have gone to x number consumers who want msrp

Last edited by a moderator:
ohh what a shame ...that you couldn't make a come up...but like you said ..there's still options . Good Luck wit all dat!
ohwell.gif

Apparently i should have held on to my 2013 pair until i have these in hand, i am hoping we are all overestimating the demand...

Nahh, you made the right decision getting rid of those atrocities, with our without these
QFT

Welp, apparently only Foot Action is getting these in my town. Hopefully my plug comes through, if not I could be SoL. Luckily if I have to i'll just pay resale, but i'm going to do everything in my power to secure a pair at retail. 

Anyone ever tried slipping an employee $20 to secure a pair? I am pretty tight with one of the guys that works at Foot Action, so maybe that will work. *Shrug*

Last edited:
I wore my 2013 pair once. Feet hurt so bad after 2 hours. Wasn't even doing heavy walking. Went home and had to change kicks. Haven't worn em since. SMH

I copped a bot. Not eem ashamed. None of my previous ATC efforts have come through (Superflys, Fragments, Gift of Flight Pack), but with SNKRS being widely available and The website being cooked, I wanted a little insurance.
what did you use? Im looking for a legit one

Back
Top Bottom