Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
As long as they're pre-sellers and resellers around, these or any 11s and any other popular Jordan will sell out in less than an hour online. Us sneakerheads have to make a conscious effort..to not pay these pre-sale and resale prices..EVEN IF IT MEANS NOT GETTING YOU'RE PAIR AT ALL. We must vanquish the market completely of these pocket poachers. It shouldn't be about you getting your pair at any cost..it really shouldn't...cuz they feed off of our nervousness..anxieties and desperation.

rightly said they been feeding off us

As long as they're pre-sellers and resellers around, these or any 11s and any other popular Jordan will sell out in less than an hour online. Us sneakerheads have to make a conscious effort..to not pay these pre-sale and resale prices..EVEN IF IT MEANS NOT GETTING YOU'RE PAIR AT ALL. We must vanquish the market completely of these pocket poachers. It shouldn't be about you getting your pair at any cost..it really shouldn't...cuz they feed off of our nervousness..anxieties and desperation.
Yeah, band together cause Nike purposely limits these OG 1's! Can't take any of that talk seriously at this point. Nike creates this situation based on their production decisions and releases they use to keep their low-cost marketing hype machine going. 2015 has made it painfully clear that short-term resellers/flippers don't have much to gain if Nike sets the pricers higher or better meets demand. So I really don't want to hear about "doing my part" when all that means is taking an L on the first retro I ever owned and my favorite Jordan model. Not one dude on here ever wants to hold Nike accountable.

cant take any of this serious, why are there middlemen making money off of regular consumers that have the ability to buy shoes for retail? why do these "opportunists" dry up the supply before the rest of the general population have a chance to buy them? are the general population handicapped? they dont have enough "money" to buy a pair for msrp? so the reseller has to charge more for his "service"? answer that. aint no need for that, what makes resellers so damn special? they giving you something back?

how can we blame nike when they only make so many pairs based on general demand research? if they want to make more or less its up to them, but the reseller makes it so much more harder for normal consumers. if nike makes 10 pairs of these and there are no resellers then we have the right to ***** and complain
Why do middle men make money off anything? Do you need a basic lesson on economics? Or maybe one in gangsta flossin? Cause it's one, the other, or a combination of both that explain why you have losers who need to make $20, $40, $60 a pair. I didn't think this needed explaining.

this thread is too much man...Nike could literally manufacture a million pairs of these and they would still sell out.

rightly said they been feeding off us

Yeah, band together cause Nike purposely limits these OG 1's! Can't take any of that talk seriously at this point. Nike creates this situation based on their production decisions and releases they use to keep their low-cost marketing hype machine going. 2015 has made it painfully clear that short-term resellers/flippers don't have much to gain if Nike sets the pricers higher or better meets demand. So I really don't want to hear about "doing my part" when all that means is taking an L on the first retro I ever owned and my favorite Jordan model. Not one dude on here ever wants to hold Nike accountable.

cant take any of this serious, why are there middlemen making money off of regular consumers that have the ability to buy shoes for retail? why do these "opportunists" dry up the supply before the rest of the general population have a chance to buy them? are the general population handicapped? they dont have enough "money" to buy a pair for msrp? so the reseller has to charge more for his "service"? answer that. aint no need for that, what makes resellers so damn special? they giving you something back?

how can we blame nike when they only make so many pairs based on general demand research? if they want to make more or less its up to them, but the reseller makes it so much more harder for normal consumers. if nike makes 10 pairs of these and there are no resellers then we have the right to ***** and complain
Why do middle men make money off anything? Do you need a basic lesson on economics? Or maybe one in gangsta flossin? Cause it's one, the other, or a combination of both that explain why you have losers who need to make $20, $40, $60 a pair. I didn't think this needed explaining.

all that economics nonsense wasnt blowing up pre 2008 just because of there wasnt HYPED demand. You really think NIKE hypes up their own shoe? cmon they just showcase them, make some ads maybe and pictures speak for themselves, like it or not. But people take advantage of popularity and the bums make small profits. guess who fuels the hype, yea them resellers, they are like junior advertisers, and it actually helps nike. Resellers helping Nike but Nike aint helping resellers unless they are supplying them alot of pairs that should be available to the general public. All them backdoor fsr going to them reseller bums, Limited, GR or NOT.

Last edited by a moderator:
all that economics nonsense wasnt blowing up pre 2008 just because of there wasnt HYPED demand. You really think NIKE hypes up their own shoe? cmon they just showcase them, make some ads maybe and pictures speak for themselves, like it or not. But people take advantage of popularity and the bums make small profits. guess who fuels the hype, yea them resellers, they are like junior advertisers, and it actually helps nike. Resellers helping Nike but Nike aint helping resellers unless they are supplying them alot of pairs that should be available to the general public. All them backdoor fsr going to them reseller bums, Limited, GR or NOT.
:rofl:

This place is too much sometimes. Economics don't apply pre-2008. Nothing changed there, not even demand. Oh wait, I forgot, economics didn't exist. Let me throw that demand word out the window so we can return to senselessness about these newfound resellers and their evil ways. Middle men didn't exist in any market until they appeared for some mass produced run of the mill sneakers. And social media? Yup, that's been around for about 300 years too. Nike's been rockin that free of charge to pump out marketing since Bowerman had the ol waffle iron out. :smh:

This place is too much sometimes. Economics don't apply pre-2008. Nothing changed there, not even demand. Oh wait, I forgot, economics didn't exist. Let me throw that demand word out the window so we can return to senselessness about these newfound resellers and their evil ways. Middle men didn't exist in any market until they appeared for some mass produced run of the mill sneakers. And social media? Yup, that's been around for about 300 years too. Nike's been rockin that free of charge to pump out marketing since Bowerman had the ol waffle iron out. :smh:

Do you understand what "demand was before like the early 2000s to mid? Do you understand how many pairs you could actually pick up for retail or less from stores like some weeks after release? sure there was demand but they were not being dried up before rd like they are now. Point is, everybody joined the reseller bandwagon these days....now its realllly annoying. One of the most famous resellers was ISS back in the day. sure economics exists and applies to every sector or trend but now you should see that its way out of proportion to the point that normal consumers are competing with these middlemen for like 1 or 2 pairs. where were you back in the early 2000s? damn you would have been making lotta dough right? only now demand is at an all time high and people are taking advantage

If you don't have a plug or a bot or didn't pre order your F[emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji]
frown.gif

Do you understand what "demand was before like the early 2000s to mid? Do you understand how many pairs you could actually pick up for retail or less from stores like some weeks after release? sure there was demand but they were not being dried up before rd like they are now. Point is, everybody joined the reseller bandwagon these days....now its realllly annoying. One of the most famous resellers was ISS back in the day. sure economics exists and applies to every sector or trend but now you should see that its way out of proportion to the point that normal consumers are competing with these middlemen for like 1 or 2 pairs. where were you back in the early 2000s? damn you would have been making lotta dough right? only now demand is at an all time high and people are taking advantage
You're thoroughly confused. That is all.

By the way them better quality 2001 black red jordan 1 and blue black jordan 1 had certain number of pairs produced like 60K something each? do you think 60K will sit today? You gonna open your big mouth now trappedintime? those ish sat on discount shelves and you telling me there was demand? foh you sure trapped in time :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I rather Jordan brand be a sneaker subscription service. Give Jordan Brand $1000 so u can sign up to receive 5 sneakers of your choice when they release. If they're flawed..call JB up..have them look at my account..and they WILL rectify the situation cuz they' ll have my $$$ for 5 pairs. At least I'd be getting 5 pairs..at retail price..straight from Jordan Brand..and not from a reseller..or even worse..a scammer * sneeze @endesEE...achhoo*

Man

everyone turns into a Scholar with a Economics and Marketing major when it comes to sneakers

No shots fired

Last edited:
By the way them better quality 2001 black red jordan 1 and blue black jordan 1 had certain number of pairs produced like 60K something each? do you think 60K will sit today? You gonna open your big mouth now trappedintime? those ish sat on discount shelves and you telling me there was demand? foh you sure trapped in time :lol:
What are you babbling about? All you've done is support my point. Resellers exist because demand has skyrocketed and social media is free advertising for Nike. They've cut their margins down significantly, and resellers exist because of the demand, just as they do in any market. If you aren't bright enough to see how things changed, you're a lost cause. But blaming re-sellers for Nike refusing to adapt to demand (only in certain instances now) is ridiculous. We've seen it all year. Just about none of these re-masters are going for above retail now. They raised the price, they increased production, and resellers are only making money off releases like this where Nike has decided to produce non-GR levels of the OG1's to instantly create hype. What is so hard for you to understand? Resellers only exist when supply doesn't meet demand, and knowing supply will be low (aka limited) is in itself a hype/interest driver (which keeps idiots frantically hitting the buy button for all of their other releases, needlessly thinking they're getting in on something limited). Nike pays no money to market now, whereas 10 years ago they didn't have the reach online to pull it off. Their position is the envy of the business world. Resellers are simply a byproduct, and a significantly smaller problem today than in 2011-2013. Give it a rest with "where u been" bs. I've been buying sneakers for more than 20 years. I don't need an education from someone who is so flawed in their understanding of basic economics and marketing.

Last edited:
I rather Jordan brand be a sneaker subscription service. Give Jordan Brand $1000 so u can sign up to receive 5 sneakers of your choice when they release. If they're flawed..call JB up..have them look at my account..and they WILL rectify the situation cuz they' ll have my $$$ for 5 pairs. At least I'd be getting 5 pairs..at retail price..straight from Jordan Brand..and not from a reseller..or even worse..a scammer * sneeze @endesEE...achhoo*

terrible idea for JB, good for consumer.

#ShotsFired 

Back
Top Bottom