Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
You got to take in consideration that the raffle system was fairly new and not everyone was on the know about it so the amount of people signing up was low. With every release its only going to get harder as with every other system that has been in place previously.
Sure, but so far it seems like it's the best system they have to give everyone a fair shot. Also don't forget people from neighboring states/cities were also entering, if they spread them out to other NTs there could be a much more local group entering. I would actually prefer if Footlocker/Finishline implemented the same thing, I never feel confident doing raffles at those places. At least with this I know the selection is random and it would be much harder to backdoor pairs. 

Why? If you can't afford resale, what's wrong with simply getting 2013s instead? If you like the cw and don't care about OG/NA, it's a good alternative.

The 2015 Chicagos are way better, no opinion or questions about it. Stay positive and work at it you'll be a lot more satisfied. Do what you want though just a suggestion...no hate. You can sell pairs or skip a pair to get what you want.

The 2015 Chicagos are way better, no opinion or questions about it. Stay positive and work at it you'll be a lot more satisfied. Do what you want though just a suggestion...no hate. You can sell pairs or skip a pair to get what you want.

I mean its $150 for 2013s vs $400-500 for resale on 2015. For some people that's NBD but for most that's a lot of money. At the end of the day, it's your money but I personally could not justify resell on one pair of shoes like that. If the added cost of 2015s makes you that much happier, I can't really judge.

Last edited:
This

I mean its $150 for 2013s vs $400-500 for resale on 2015. For some people that's NBD but for most that's a lot of money. At the end of the day, it's your money but I personally could not justify resell on one pair of shoes like that. If the added cost of 2015s makes you that much happier, I can't really judge.

No doubt, I agree. That's why I kept working at it and stayed positive. I sometimes pay resell and I almost did for these. Luckily I was able to trade what once was mine SBB for what I have now and greatfully thankful for 2015 Chi 1s.

Compare some pics of both versions online. On foot and off. The 2013's look absolutely terrible compared to these, and it goes beyond the jumpman. Might help you make a decision you regret less.

Got to pay to play nowadays.  If you're not willing to pay the resell, just be patient until they retro again and hopefully you get your pair.  

Why? If you can't afford resale, what's wrong with simply getting 2013s instead? If you like the cw and don't care about OG/NA, it's a good alternative.
I have the 2013 and 2015 Chicago I. The 2015 are better quality, no jumpman and Nike air on the tongue. However if you like the colour way and don't want to pay outrageous resale prices I would get the 2013 if you can cop for around retail. Once you wear them in, they are actually surprisingly comfortable and with the white laces they look great.

Straight up night and day difference between the 2013 & 2015. The comfort level on the '15 is crazy, I wore them almost an entire day. The '13 made me wish I had only had 4 toes.

Just look at the ankle cut and mold, almost as straight up & down as the 94 or 85 version. The '13 leather is stiff and plastic-ish versus soft and moveable of the '15.

But... I am a proponent of buying not only what you like but what you can. Patience pays off

Just my .02

Last edited:

Straight up night and day difference between the 2013 & 2015. The comfort level on the '15 is crazy, I wore them almost an entire day. The '13 made me wish I had only had 4 toes.

Just look at the ankle cut and mold, almost as straight up & down as the 94 or 85 version. The '13 leather is stiff and plastic-ish versus soft and moveable of the '15.

But... I am a proponent of buying not only what you like but what you can. Patience pays off

Just my .02
No doubt the quality on the 2015 > 2013 model

No doubt you (and others) exaggerate how uncomfortable the 2013s are. 

Not going to deny the quality of the 2015s, especially the visual ones (NA, heel jumpman, shoe height, panel cuts, etc). But the 2013s aren't horrible. I have my pair out by my bed and they look crispy. But I say this after buying them back in 2013, I don't think I would buy them after the 2015s. I'd just sell some shoes or save money in order to buy them.

I feel like the whole remastered thing has been a sham following the SBBs. The quality of the leather between JB shoes is just so ridiculous.

Got some mail today
happy.gif

SBB is a bonus pic, I already had those trying to squeeze into a 14. Tried em on and my brain told me to respect my pinky toe
tongue.gif
roll.gif
Awesome cops fam.  Still looking for Chi 1s but not for them resell prices.  

Back
Top Bottom