Nike Air Griffey Max II (Spring/Summer, 2011)

Originally Posted by ninjahood

these were never comfy like that though..i got da 2003 cincy retro and its definitely not da shoe im throwing on if i gotta do strenuous activities... 
laugh.gif

Truth, my 2003's feel like platforms.

Wow..I just put on my Freshwater IIs just to walk around the house..felt like lead on my feet..definitely not doing a whole lotta walkin..like walkin around NYC

Wow..I just put on my Freshwater IIs just to walk around the house..felt like lead on my feet..definitely not doing a whole lotta walkin..like walkin around NYC

No.....the OGs are comfy like woah. Can't speak for earlier retros, but they're still retros so I don't doubt that they're less comfortable. These though....
2u5u8sx.jpg

I tried on the retros in person, and it was really disappointing. I wasn't expecting them to feel the same, but they were bad enough I completely did a 180 on buying one of my favorite shoes ever.

No.....the OGs are comfy like woah. Can't speak for earlier retros, but they're still retros so I don't doubt that they're less comfortable. These though....
2u5u8sx.jpg

I tried on the retros in person, and it was really disappointing. I wasn't expecting them to feel the same, but they were bad enough I completely did a 180 on buying one of my favorite shoes ever.

^ thats an awesome pic seth, they look real good there.

Sorry you didnt like em, I didnt think they were that bad tho, at least compared to what I thought a 'retro' of the griffs would turn out to be like anyhow. I still think they are more comfy than the retro 1's tho, the midsoles on those were real bricks imo, very inflexible. But since the og's are in the red zone now for wearability, well.. seeing as how ill prolly only get around to wearing the retros once a month or so I guess I can deal with it. Sadly tho, retro quality is so bad in general, anything they come out with will never be good enough for daily wear.
frown.gif

^ thats an awesome pic seth, they look real good there.

Sorry you didnt like em, I didnt think they were that bad tho, at least compared to what I thought a 'retro' of the griffs would turn out to be like anyhow. I still think they are more comfy than the retro 1's tho, the midsoles on those were real bricks imo, very inflexible. But since the og's are in the red zone now for wearability, well.. seeing as how ill prolly only get around to wearing the retros once a month or so I guess I can deal with it. Sadly tho, retro quality is so bad in general, anything they come out with will never be good enough for daily wear.
frown.gif

i have worn my 2s around campus a couple times and i didnt have a huge problem like it sounds like everyone is saying..but compared to my lebron 8s there is no contest

i think the griffey 1 and 2 are both pretty bulky tho

i have worn my 2s around campus a couple times and i didnt have a huge problem like it sounds like everyone is saying..but compared to my lebron 8s there is no contest

i think the griffey 1 and 2 are both pretty bulky tho

i was just in champs and the guy working asked what i was wearing..and that he has never seen them before and if there are any other colors out and what not..i was wearin my freshwater 2s lol i should be workin there not him

i was just in champs and the guy working asked what i was wearing..and that he has never seen them before and if there are any other colors out and what not..i was wearin my freshwater 2s lol i should be workin there not him

Originally Posted by larrivee7

2u5u8sx.jpg

i should know this but what year did the Og's release ?
there in really good condition for a shoe with a air bubble 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by larrivee7

2u5u8sx.jpg

i should know this but what year did the Og's release ?
there in really good condition for a shoe with a air bubble 
pimp.gif

i lied about how i thought the comfort wasnt bad..wore these to a party last night nd was on my feet the whole time nd my feet killled after

i lied about how i thought the comfort wasnt bad..wore these to a party last night nd was on my feet the whole time nd my feet killled after

Originally Posted by MRFLOWERS

DANG I WANTED THESE FOR A WHILE & STILL WAITING TO FIND EM FOR A COME UP MAN I REFUSE TO PAY RETAIL!
check deadstockshoes.com if you talkin the blue pair..they 100 +15 shippin. im gonna try and find for cheaper.
Yeah, these are nowhere near as comfortable as the 1's, but after some breaking in they're not so bad. Definitely doesn't inspire me to cop other colors though. Maybe those dark grey/blue joints, but I don't know. I do think these would look good as a blackout, though, and I usually hate blackout colorways.

Originally Posted by MRFLOWERS

DANG I WANTED THESE FOR A WHILE & STILL WAITING TO FIND EM FOR A COME UP MAN I REFUSE TO PAY RETAIL!
check deadstockshoes.com if you talkin the blue pair..they 100 +15 shippin. im gonna try and find for cheaper.
Yeah, these are nowhere near as comfortable as the 1's, but after some breaking in they're not so bad. Definitely doesn't inspire me to cop other colors though. Maybe those dark grey/blue joints, but I don't know. I do think these would look good as a blackout, though, and I usually hate blackout colorways.

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

can someone post a pic of the OG White Griffey IIs that dropped? I want to compare them to the ones coming out in July....

**nvm

Griffey+2+Max+wht.jpg
OGs
nike-air-griffey-max-ii-white-black-photo-blue.jpg
July '11
Are these still releasing? Haven't heard any update or seen any more photos. I want these even though I wish they had kept them closer to the OG

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

can someone post a pic of the OG White Griffey IIs that dropped? I want to compare them to the ones coming out in July....

**nvm

Griffey+2+Max+wht.jpg
OGs
nike-air-griffey-max-ii-white-black-photo-blue.jpg
July '11
Are these still releasing? Haven't heard any update or seen any more photos. I want these even though I wish they had kept them closer to the OG

Back
Top Bottom