NFL Week 8 In Review....

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Let's see how Steve Smith does with Matt Cassel at QB?

How about a trifecta of Vinny Testeverde, Matt Moore and David Carr?

87 receptions, 1002 yards and 7 TD's.

Rookie QB, 3rd in the NFL in rec yards, 2nd in the NFL in rec TDs

What happened to Turner this week? Oh wait, I forgot he disappears against good teams.

shut up
laugh.gif

What's stoppin a Giants - Titans Superbowl?

- Plax is that dude, but ever since that extension...he's been the biggest pain the the *+#. I thought rewarding him would keep his mouth shut...
- Roddy White is making defenders look silly, playin' w/ a QB 7 games into his career
- Milk Carton: Vernon Davis' breakout season
- The Titans = 2000 Baltimore Ravens. Average QB, good run game, EXCELLENT defense...
- Andre Johnson is a beast and has always been underrated, but he put up numbers against the Colts, Bengals, Lions, and Dolphins...let's slow down a bit
- $@+ is Donnie Avery?
laugh.gif

- Brett Farve should've stayed retired. Don't give me any of that "the offense hasn't come around yet" garbage
- Matthew Stafford...welcome to Detroit or Kansas City
- New England, I hope you're getting used to Cassel being around because honestly...I can't see Tom Brady getting his job back. Isn't he getting a2nd surgery in Jan? He won't be ready by next season...
- NFC East is still the best division in Football
- Oakland needs Michael Crabtree, for the sake of JaMarcus Russell

1st chosen QB in the draft, 3rd in the NFL in rec yards, 2nd in the NFL in rec TDs
you didn't compare Matt Ryan to Matt Moore
laugh.gif
so i'mguessing Ryan is not capable of being a starter in the NFL.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

who do u ride harder allen smitty,Gtown or Lebron?
Definitely Smith.

He been talking about him since our freshman year and hes been right....BUT, I gotta go wit Owens.

Oh and allen, I think i figured a way to stop that damn 'short pass but gains 13 yrds because of my speed' play you run with Smith. Tell fox Ima beover there tonite!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see what Moss is on point to do this year. Numbers through 8 games: 32 rec, 471yeards, 4 touchdowns. Looks like he is on pace to do better than Smithdid last year. Got 'Em!!!

Let's see what Moss is on point to do this year. Numbers through 8 games: 32 rec, 471yeards, 4 touchdowns. Looks like he is on pace to do better than Smith did last year. Got 'Em!!!
i hope that's sarcasm. i really do.

Actually those numbers are through 7 games. My bad.
OK how about we take it back and look at Moss' stats in 2006 with Aaron Brooks at QB i believe who is no doubt an upgrade over all 3 of thoseQBs in Carolina

42 rec, 553 rec yards, 3 TDs... Ill say it once again Smith>>>>Moss.

and id be willing to bet $ that Moss doesnt do as good as Smith did in that Carolina season, and he probably has a better QB but more importantly the QB hassecurity so it is easier to connect with rather than a 3 man job in which its a revolving door like Smith had to deal with

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

who do u ride harder allen smitty,Gtown or Lebron?
Definitely Smith.

He been talking about him since our freshman year and hes been right....BUT, I gotta go wit Owens.

Oh and allen, I think i figured a way to stop that damn 'short pass but gains 13 yrds because of my speed' play you run with Smith. Tell fox Ima be over there tonite!!!!!!!!!!!
I leave people on Zero anyway
laugh.gif

Cassel is not a better qb than those 3. Sorry he just is asked to do less. And the pats have 0 running game. At least they had foster and williams last year.

Cassel is not a better qb than those 3. Sorry he just is asked to do less. And the pats have 0 running game. At least they had foster and williams last year.
DeShaun Foster is hot trash. And Williams was not getting consistent carries. And they didn't have Moose last year, he had Drew Carter linedup on the other side
sick.gif

Cassel isn't better than 3 QB's who had a combined 11 TD's to 16 interceptions? QB ratings of 58.3, 67.0, and 65.8? I'm pretty sure he is...

It's a good thing Steve Smith had good WR's on the other side of the field to offset him... I mean, Drew Carter, Keary Colbert and Dwayne Jarrett. Ithink they had a combined... lets add this up:
-----
922 yards amongst them. And 4 TD's.

You know your team is in dire straits when the 3rd leading receiver is TE Jeff King.

But you're right, the Patriots have less weapons than the Panthers.............

It's a good thing DeShaun Foster averaged 3.5 ypc last year.

Cassel isn't better than 3 QB's who had a combined 11 TD's to 16 interceptions? QB ratings of 58.3, 67.0, and 65.8? I'm pretty sure he is...

It's a good thing Steve Smith had good WR's on the other side of the field to offset him... I mean, Drew Carter, Keary Colbert and Dwayne Jarrett. I think they had a combined... lets add this up:
-----
922 yards amongst them. And 4 TD's.

You know your team is in dire straits when the 3rd leading receiver is TE Jeff King.

But you're right, the Patriots have less weapons than the Panthers.............
It's gotta be hard to have to play next to Cris Carter, has to be... Hell Wes Welker is a lot better then those guys, outside of Moose in hisprime.

I'm not saying Smith had a better supporting cast, I'm just saying Moss's is about the same. He has one bonus, Wes Welker and that is really theonly other offensive weapon they have.

And the main reason Welker does well is because of Moss.

I'm not saying Smith had a better supporting cast, I'm just saying Moss's is about the same. He has one bonus, Wes Welker and that is really the only other offensive weapon they have.

And don't forget also because of Brady.

Moss is on pace to put up the same stats as Smitty with Testaverde and Matt Moore at QB and Smitty missed a game that year.

I'm not saying Smith had a better supporting cast, I'm just saying Moss's is about the same. He has one bonus, Wes Welker and that is really the only other offensive weapon they have.

The Patriots have the #6 running game in the NFL... a combined 900 yards amongst their RB's... but they're scrubs?

Plus they have the #22 passing game... Welker already has 466 receiving yards. Only needs 60 more to pass Carolinas #2 all of last season.

Carolina had the #14 running game and #28 passing game last season... Smith only played 15 games...

Back
Top Bottom