NFL Week 7 In Review...

Chiefs have 2x Broncos, 2x Chargers, Diplomats, and the Colts after the bye. I'll wait to pass any judgement until then. Def. been BEYOND impressed w/ their defensive play up until this point.

Here's something that people aren't talking about... the Panthers have only given up 2 more points than the Chiefs. That defense is playing damn good.

Last edited:
Pay VERY close attention to the amount of Jamal Charles touches. He's on pace for a ton.

If they want a long playoff run, he better be healthy enough. He gets hurt, that offense is DONE.

People hear KC they think Alex Smith, but they should be thinking defense. They have the best D in the game at the moment.

Even though they're in Oakland's division, it's truly refreshing to see how their defense has dominated and won them games in today's era of football.

Pay VERY close attention to the amount of Jamal Charles touches. He's on pace for a ton.

If they want a long playoff run, he better be healthy enough. He gets hurt, that offense is DONE.

On pace for 300 totes and 80 catches right now. He had 285 and 35 last year.

Their backup RBs have touched the ball 17 times in 7 games. :x

Chiefs have 2x Broncos, 2x Chargers, Diplomats, and the Colts after the bye. I'll wait to pass any judgement until then. Def. been BEYOND impressed w/ their defensive play up until this point.

Here's something that people aren't talking about... the Panthers have only given up 2 more points than the Chiefs. That defense is playing damn good.

the panthers d is good. damn shame the o cant get it going.

RIP Bud

nice having locker back maybe could have been a game if darius reynaud was competent
cj2k just ran past everyone that one play 

hate the colts still tough seeing reggie go down 

is brandon meriweather ******ed?
Enh....Ya know.....there was a time when safeties like Meriweather were praised and loved. A guy who would instill fear into WRs and TEs coming across the field. A guy who would shut **** down because WRs would chew their QB out if he lead them into that safety.

He plays the game how it was originally intended to be played. But the pussification of the NFL, Goodell, and this BS concussion suit has diminshed the impact of the safety position. It's partly why these offenses are so productive these days.

I will say that Meriweather definitely needs to adapt his game, but people need to stop making him out to be a bad guy because of the hits. If he's a bad guy then so are all of the great safeties of the 90s, 80s, 70s etc who played the game like he does. Big hits are a part of football, or at least they used to be.

People are going to say i'm biased because he's a Cane. No....I'm biased because I love big hits, and old-school hardknock football. And I hate that the NFL is killing that off in the name of "safety" yet they are trying to fatten their pockets with an 18 game season. ******g hypocrites.
mean.gif
so much wrong in one post

Would like to continue on the KC talk. KC would get beat by NO, Denver, Seattle, Colts, and the Niners. Alex Smith would consistently have 3 and outs and that defense would get tired out. No matter how good a defense is they're going to need their rest.

Because he has seen every snap of Alex Smith's career, and the 2013 Chiefs are essentially the same team that Alex has been on the last 2 years.  He's seen how that story ends.

Because he has seen every snap of Alex Smith's career, and the 2013 Chiefs are essentially the same team that Alex has been on the last 2 years.  He's seen how that story ends.

Yup a touched punt from going to the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Would like to continue on the KC talk. KC would get beat by NO, Denver, Seattle, Colts, and the Niners. Alex Smith would consistently have 3 and outs and that defense would get tired out. No matter how good a defense is they're going to need their rest.

We don't know that. I don't like KC but their defense is serious.

KC and NO would be interesting. I don't think NO has a defense and KC's offense would be a mediocre matchup. I would like to see that KC defense against NO's offense. I think KC's defense wins that battle.

As for the Colts, I think some of you are buying into that Sunday night win a little too much. I definitely think the Colts are solid but let's relax. Great QB and their defense is questionable. RBs aren't special and they just lost their best WR. We've seen them look bad or average against poor teams (Miami and Oakland) I also think if they play SF next week, SF wins. If they play Denver in the playoffs, I'm betting on Denver.

Yup a touched punt from going to the Super Bowl.

The same game where Alex Smith completed one pass to a wide receiver.

And this is relevant why?

Alex Smith isn't a world beater.

People are in this thread saying Alex Smith can't be a successful QB talking about "we know how this ends"

Well last time he had a set up exactly how he has now they were a touched punt from the Super Bowl put all the qualifers you want on it, it happened and given the way the AFC is shaking out it can happen again.

Do I think it will? Nope but I thought Trent Richardson was a good football player too.

Last edited:
When's the last time a QB of Alex Smith's caliber won a Super Bowl? Not since before the rules changes.

Even Eli and Flacco, who aren't always fantastic, had superb runs when their teams did win.

Chiefs do have an excellent defense . But their schedule has been awful and because of that their imperfections haven't been exposed yet.

They rely so heavily on Jamaal Charles. What happens when they go against a team that loads the box but still has the quality in the secondary to be on those (average at best) receivers? Another truly elite defensive team that actually has a QB? I see them losing (Seattle or San Fran).

Or when they play a team that's too offensively gifted to hold under 20 points even when the defense plays well? They can't keep up and they lose again (Denver or NO).

I could be wrong. But that's how I see it for now. Good enough to beat the bads and even the goods, but maybe not the elite level contenders.

We will see though.

When's the last time a QB of Alex Smith's caliber won a Super Bowl? Not since before the rules changes.

Even Eli and Flacco, who aren't always fantastic, had superb runs when their teams did win.

Chiefs do have an excellent defense . But their schedule has been awful and because of that their imperfections haven't been exposed yet.

They rely so heavily on Jamaal Charles. What happens when they go against a team that loads the box but still has the quality in the secondary to be on those (average at best) receivers? Another truly elite defensive team that actually has a QB? I see them losing (Seattle or San Fran).

Or when they play a team that's too offensively gifted to hold under 20 points even when the defense plays well? They can't keep up and they lose again (Denver or NO).

I could be wrong. But that's how I see it for now. Good enough to beat the bads and even the goods, but maybe not the elite level contenders.

We will see though.

You tell me what elite defenses there are in the AFC outside of the Chiefs?

People are in this thread saying Alex Smith can't be a successful QB talking about "we know how this ends"

Well last time he had a set up exactly how he has now they were a touched punt from the Super Bowl put all the qualifers you want on it, it happened and given the way the AFC is shaking out it can happen again.
Yes, the 49ers were two muffed punts away from a Superbowl.  But that is the problem with Alex Smith.  CAN the Chiefs win with Alex as QB?  Sure.  But they will need EVERYthing to go exactly as planned for that to happen.  That't my biggest knock on Alex.  When things go according to script, he is fine.  When things break down and you need him to make plays, he fails 9 times out of 10.

You can say that we were a couple of touched punts from the Superbowl, and you wouldnt be incorrect in saying that.  But that game shouldn't have been as close as it was.  If we have competent QB play that day, the game would have been so far out of reach that it wouldnt have mattered if Kyle Williams fumbled a punt or two.  Smith completed 1 pass to a wide receiver.  He was 1 for 13 on 3rd down.  He missed a receiver streaking down the field with the closest defender over 5 yards behind him.  He was afraid to pull the trigger on plays that could have resulted in a touchdown.

So while Alex CAN be a guy that wins when everything goes perfectly according to script, I am going to choose to believe that things wont go perfectly according to script.

You tell me what elite defenses there are in the AFC outside of the Chiefs?

Potentially Cincy. I'm really talking in the abstract though, you're right about conference strength and they could be carried pretty far by the matchups.

Yes, the 49ers were two muffed punts away from a Superbowl.  But that is the problem with Alex Smith.  CAN the Chiefs win with Alex as QB?  Sure.  But they will need EVERYthing to go exactly as planned for that to happen.  That't my biggest knock on Alex.  When things go according to script, he is fine.  When things break down and you need him to make plays, he fails 9 times out of 10.

You can say that we were a couple of touched punts from the Superbowl, and you wouldnt be incorrect in saying that.  But that game shouldn't have been as close as it was.  If we have competent QB play that day, the game would have been so far out of reach that it wouldnt have mattered if Kyle Williams fumbled a punt or two.  Smith completed 1 pass to a wide receiver.  He was 1 for 13 on 3rd down.  He missed a receiver streaking down the field with the closest defender over 5 yards behind him.  He was afraid to pull the trigger on plays that could have resulted in a touchdown.

So while Alex CAN be a guy that wins when everything goes perfectly according to script, I am going to choose to believe that things wont go perfectly according to script.

Its just amazing with how hard it is to win in the NFL that Alex Smith can be the quarterback of teams with such good records. At some point its not coincidence.

I don't think the Chiefs are winning a Super Bowl but to see them dismissed as frauds in this NFL. I just don't see it.

There are no great teams anything can happen.

Its just amazing with how hard it is to win in the NFL that Alex Smith can be the quarterback of teams with such good records. At some point its not coincidence.

I don't think the Chiefs are winning a Super Bowl but to see them dismissed as frauds in this NFL. I just don't see it.

Don't forget that Alex Smith was QB of some truly garbage teams as well.

:lol: Let's just forget and ignore about the Alex Smith led 49ers before Jim Harbaugh.

:lol: Let's just forget and ignore about the Alex Smith led 49ers before Jim Harbaugh.

Jesus Christ couldn't have saved those dysfunctional *** teams.

Back
Top Bottom