NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The career earnings bit is a bit disingenuous given the draft position of both guys but he’s absolutely costing himself not having an agent over these last two years.
If Lamar was happy focusing on football and playing out his rookie deal then so be it. And its not like the Ravens haven’t offered Lamar any contracts. $200M+ with 133M due at signing is a lot of money. He reportedly got more due at signing than Wilson, Kyler, and Rodgers repping himself.

I agree an agent would help him compartmentalize his life at this particular juncture but Lamar is doing just fine on his own. This fallacy that he “needs” an agent is almost insulting.

Don't see how Lamar plays for the Ravens again with all this acrimony that has built up between him and management the last couple of years.

Lamar needs to chill with defending himself on Twitter and hire an agent to do that for him or something.

Representing himself obviously hasn't worked thus far.

Don't see how Lamar plays for the Ravens again with all this acrimony that has built up between him and management the last couple of years.

Lamar needs to chill with defending himself on Twitter and hire an agent to do that for him or something.

Representing himself obviously hasn't worked thus far.

He needs to go on a darkness retreat and just work things out behind the scenes.

This is REALLY when someone should disconnect from the digital word and focus. He’s doing to much talking. But that’s this new generation.

Deshaun had the sexual assault situation going on and dude literally wasn’t seen or heard :lol:

I agree an agent would help him compartmentalize his life at this particular juncture but Lamar is doing just fine on his own. This fallacy that he “needs” an agent is almost insulting.

He needs an agent to maximize his earnings. The franchise has a team of attorneys representing it. He's bringing a knife to a gun fight.

He needs to go on a darkness retreat and just work things out behind the scenes.

This is REALLY when someone should disconnect from the digital word and focus. He’s doing to much talking. But that’s this new generation.

Deshaun had the sexual assault situation going on and dude literally wasn’t seen or heard :lol:
Tbf, he was definitely outside before the cases started dropping on his head :lol:

That whole season that he essentially held out he was getting pictured all over rocking throwback jerseys of squads needing QB's :rofl:

He only started moving lowkey probably on recommendation from legal counsel after the SA allegations and cases came up not long after his situation with the Texans was heading to divorce.

He needs an agent to maximize his earnings. The franchise has a team of attorneys representing it. He's bringing a knife to a gun fight.
Based on what exactly? He already got more guaranteed money than SB winning and multiple MVP QBs that signed new deals AFTER Watson’s. And Wilson is signed to the richest NFL ownership group :lol:

That kinda makes me sad tbh, really wanted to see him win a chip before it's over

Would’ve thought he would’ve went to another contender
20221208_184749.jpg

I memba the NFL Europe days.

A European division would be a logistical nightmare for current NFL teams but Goodell and the owners don't care.

NFL make more money go Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!
I really don't get it :lol:, the fact that they sell out games there is purely due to the novelty effect of them imo

Having permanent teams there removes that and really won't work out the way they think.

Doesn't make any sense logistically when you have already two football loving markets right next to you who would support their own teams and already have the infrastructure required not to make it an absolute nightmare travel wise.

Really never understood the leagues European market obsession, they're not gonna make the headway required to become profitable in that region full time anytime soon. American football doesn't move the needle like that in those countries at all

I really don't get it :lol:, the fact that they sell out games there is purely due to the novelty effect of them imo

Having permanent teams there removes that and really won't work out the way they think.

Doesn't make any sense logistically when you have already two football loving markets right next to you who would support their own teams and already have the infrastructure required not to make it an absolute nightmare travel wise.

Really never understood the leagues European market obsession, they're not gonna make the headway required to become profitable in that region full time anytime soon. American football doesn't move the needle like that in those countries at all

Yeah a couple of games a year is one thing, compared to a whole division.

There's a reason NFL Europe went the way of the Dodo bird.

I don't don't even count Lamar missing the last 4 games last year. That was him holding out, if he had a deal I strongly believe he woulda played. He only missed 2 games his first 3 years. The way they talking about it you would think he missed a whole season.

Well part of the issue is timing. He missed the end of the past two seasons and the postseason. I can’t say for certain what he would have done had he gotten the bag but he just doesn’t strike me as the type of player who would pretend to be injured. But either way, I could see how someone could see him as having durability issues over the course of an entire season based on the past two years. Spending that much money and giving up the required draft capital for a QB who are skeptical of what his availability would be come December and January isn’t ideal.

If a team is going to make a play for him would it be better to do it before or after the draft? At least if you wait until after you can get some pieces in for the low this year and kick the can down the road.

Based on what exactly? He already got more guaranteed money than SB winning and multiple MVP QBs that signed new deals AFTER Watson’s. And Wilson is signed to the richest NFL ownership group :lol:

Apples to oranges. Russell Wilson is 34 years old and Aaron Rodgers is 39. It's natural that a 26 year old MVP should command more guaranteed money than those guys. Kyler Murray is looking like a flash in the pan who doesn't deserve the money he got.

If those offers were so great then why didn't Lamar take them? If he's doing such a great job representing himself, then why are the parties at an impasse?

I memba the NFL Europe days.

A European division would be a logistical nightmare for current NFL teams but Goodell and the owners don't care.

NFL make more money go Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!

It really is a horrible idea. Imagine having a game in the US on Sunday then having to fly out to Europe for a game on Thursday :sick:

Like Canada and Mexico are right there though :lol:

Canada, yes they should. Mexico though is probably a whole different story. With all the stuff that’s been happening there recently and how corrupt stuff is there, player/fan safety is something that would have to be played out on a whole other level for a full season there to work.

It really is a horrible idea. Imagine having a game in the US on Sunday then having to fly out to Europe for a game on Thursday :sick:
You would hope the scheduling would be better than this but the NFL not exactly known for good decision making :lol: :smh: …Def gon be a London to Seattle trip right after playing Monday night

Well part of the issue is timing. He missed the end of the past two seasons and the postseason. I can’t say for certain what he would have done had he gotten the bag but he just doesn’t strike me as the type of player who would pretend to be injured. But either way, I could see how someone could see him as having durability issues over the course of an entire season based on the past two years. Spending that much money and giving up the required draft capital for a QB who are skeptical of what his availability would be come December and January isn’t ideal.

If a team is going to make a play for him would it be better to do it before or after the draft? At least if you wait until after you can get some pieces in for the low this year and kick the can down the road.

Deshaun done missed a ton of games for injury and suspension. :lol:

How is Arthur Blank saying every game is important?

These owners are working together to reset the market after the Browns did what they did. That simple to me.

Canada has the CFL that has fought and will continue to fight any attempts by the NFL to expand into Canada
I know they wouldn’t like it to just set up shop in Toronto or Vancouver and be done with it …But You think the CFL would be with it if the NFL absorbed like 4 or 5 of their teams? Still would have a mini CFL thing going on up there in this scenario

Canada has the CFL that has fought and will continue to fight any attempts by the NFL to expand into Canada
The NFL has legitimately helped keep league afloat with interest free loans multiple times in their history even as the NFL consistently outdraws CFL games in viewership and merch sales domestically.

I think a merger/official partnership of sorts would be a lot more feasible than European expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom