NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But giving that reasoning when it ostensibly didn’t matter last summer is extremely strange to say the least. Don’t think you can really separate the two

I can't? I just did. I don't care about what any of these owners think or do. I was just pointing out he's right about Lamar. It doesn't always gotta be a deep dive or an extreme with me. :lol:

I guess I don’t see how you can clown the Ravens organization when they offered Lamar a non-exclusive tag, giving all 31 other teams to offer him a contract, and no one has stepped up to do so. I am a Day 1 Ravens fan so I want Lamar back and I am all about brothas getting paid. I am also a businessman so I can understand the position that the Ravens, and the rest of the league, are operating from. Sure, it’s grimey but that’s business. Not having an agent probably has done him any favors as well.

Lamar need to stand firm. What options Baltimore have? By the time they find a good qb the coach and GM will be fired for coming in last in the division if Lamar don’t play. All it’s going to take is a 3 game losing streak for the public opinion to change to they need to pay Lamar the same way the Cowboys played with Dak and he hella mid

I guess I don’t see how you can clown the Ravens organization when they offered Lamar a non-exclusive tag, giving all 31 other teams to offer him a contract, and no one has stepped up to do so. I am a Day 1 Ravens fan so I want Lamar back and I am all about brothas getting paid. I am also a businessman so I can understand the position that the Ravens, and the rest of the league, are operating from. Sure, it’s grimey but that’s business. Not having an agent probably has done him any favors as well.
What’s this going to prove? Ultimately the Ravens need to win games. How do you see that happening without LJ?
No receivers
No run game
Slightly above avg defense
I’d sit for about 3 games if I’m Lamar and watch them back the brinks truck up like Dak

What’s this going to prove? Ultimately the Ravens need to win games. How do you see that happening without LJ?
No receivers
No run game
Slightly above avg defense
I’d sit for about 3 games if I’m Lamar and watch them back the brinks truck up like Dak

No receivers? You got that right. But they’re bringing back Dobbins, Edwards and Hill. Not to mention they had Drake last year too due to injury. That core put up close to 2,000 rushing yards subtracting Lamar’s contributons.

Slightly above average defense?

I want the man to get paid more than anyone in this thread but we’ll see how it goes and if he gets the bag before July 17 or if he sits out

Still holding out hope that the Dolphins will trade for Lamar
1680083436746.gif

Chill with all that mane. Y’all got your guy |l

Does anyone here really want more Thursday games?
Amazon needs to vastly improve their streaming setup. It was still kinda garbage well into the season.

Plus the fact that it shortens the timeframe between the team’s previous game isn’t that great either. I don’t like the idea of a team possibly having to play two TNF games in one season. Only way it should be that, is if it’s coming off of their bye-week.

Last edited:
The career earnings bit is a bit disingenuous given the draft position of both guys but he’s absolutely costing himself not having an agent over these last two years.

All of this. I forget if it was a tweet posted in here or a clip I saw on ESPN but they were interviewing Big Ben about the bolded. He was saying that agent fees (for the NFL at least) are around 1-3%. How are you going to be asking for $250MM guaranteed but not be willing to come up off $2.5MM to $7MM to have someone get that deal done for you? It’s not like basketball where Joel Embiid can just walk into negotiations, say “Super Max” and be done with it. Not only are the deals complex but since there is no “max contract”, there is legit negotiation going on especially when it comes to these QB deals.

I don't don't even count Lamar missing the last 4 games last year. That was him holding out, if he had a deal I strongly believe he woulda played. He only missed 2 games his first 3 years. The way they talking about it you would think he missed a whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom