NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowboys almost went full Cowboy with the 1st half shenanigans but eliminated the ******* in the 2nd half.

If they didn't piss away that game against the Jags would have a legit shot at winning the division.

I was just thinking and about it and I’m going to lie. I kind of got used to the Saturday games thing…and I liked it. They will definitely be missed this week and next |l

Speaking of which, I double checked the schedule and ummm it looks like the discussion we had on Sunday about Friday night Wild Card Weekend games and No Sunday Wild Card Weekend games isn’t a thing? I guess it was an error or perhaps will be done next season?
E97C4868-06E8-4826-A221-B1C70FE7EC66.jpeg

E3DE2F8F-7445-4C52-A495-115AC2A92844.jpeg

Watch your mouth…. We were a run first offense. Emmitt got 170 damn TDs :lol:

Looks like in 12 seasons as a Cowboy Aikman has 165 pass TDS in 13 seasons as a Cowboy Emmitt has 153 rush TDs. I know it was a different era but I would t expect those pass TD numbers to be so call to rush TDs for a HOF QB

Looks like in 12 seasons as a Cowboy Aikman has 165 pass TDS in 13 seasons as a Cowboy Emmitt has 153 rush TDs. I know it was a different era but I would t expect those pass TD numbers to be so call to rush TDs for a HOF QB

Look at the team stats for the Cowboys dynasty. They literally had seasons of 500+ rush attempts and 2000+ rushing yards. Emmitt was doing 1300-1500 yards regularly, plus attempts from backup RBs.

Cowboys were averaging less than 450 pass attempts annually:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always have to tell people that the Cowboys damn near had a 3:1 rush to pass ratio.

Dan Marino, Favre, Warren Moon had seasons where the team had less than 1200 rush yards. Marino only had like 2 or 3 seasons with a 1000 yard rusher.

Troy never was afforded the chance to throw in a pass heavy offense. He definitely had the skills and mechanics to do so. Look at his highlights. Dude had perfect mechanics…. We just ran the ball a lot.

Look at the team stats for the Cowboys dynasty. They literally had seasons of 500+ rush attempts and 2000+ rushing yards. Emmitt was doing 1300-1500 yards regularly, plus attempts from backup RBs.

Cowboys were averaging less than 450 pass attempts annually:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always have to tell people that the Cowboys damn near had a 3:1 rush to pass ratio.

Dan Marino, Favre, Warren Moon had seasons where the team had less than 1200 rush yards. Marino only had like 2 or 3 seasons with a 1000 yard rusher.

Troy never was afforded the chance to throw in a pass heavy offense. He definitely had the skills and mechanics to do so. Look at his highlights. Dude had perfect mechanics…. We just ran the ball a lot.
Marino was really an alien.

He was doing Mahomes numbers in the 80s and 90s

So y’all are saying Aikman is overrated? Sounds about right for the cowboys

for his whole career, 12 years, the man has 24 more TDs than INTs

In 4 of those season he threw more INTs than TDs.. in another 2 seasons he had a single TD more than the INTs he had

he had 1 season with over 20 TDs, with 23.. but got 5 seasons with INTs in the teens, and another 4 in double digits

The Cowboys weren’t wildly out of whack in terms of running the Football. They only had one season where they run significantly more than the passing

Interception numbers from the 1990s and all kinda like that; Favre, Kelly, Moon, Marino and Elway regularly seasons with their interception to td ratio was off and they threw multiple seasons with ints in the teens.

Interception numbers from the 1990s and all kinda like that; Favre, Kelly, Moon, Marino and Elway regularly seasons with their interception to td ratio was off and they threw multiple seasons with ints in the teens.

Every single other guy you named had multiple seasons with over 20 TDs

Troy in the playoffs was money. That's where he made his name. He had 8 TD's and zero int's in their first SB run. His comp% in those first 2 sb runs was 68 and 74. Just for context for people that didn't watch.

as has been stated, that team was run focused

teams came in prepared to stop the running game plus face that OlIne.. throw in the quality pass catching options

the QBs job is relatively easy, compared to the situations of others

it’s like the RB, who had a capable runner at the QB spot plus pass catching options.. defenses ain’t focusing on you

They didn’t have a playmaking threat at wideout they didn’t have to possibly plan for in case they were able to stop the run?

as has been stated, that team was run focused

teams came in prepared to stop the running game plus face that OlIne.. throw in the quality pass catching options

the QBs job is relatively easy, compared to the situations of others

it’s like the RB, who had a capable runner at the QB spot plus pass catching options.. defenses ain’t focusing on you

It's a reason Troy, Mike and Emmitt was called the triplets. :lol:

However you wanna cut it all 3 of them was great in the playoffs. You can't have a dynasty just off of a run game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom