NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blackballing of Ray Rice has begun. The Ravens don't get any props for cutting him after supporting him for as long as they did. Like the DV policy, their move was completely reactionary. Others have to be fired and reprimanded. It is only right.
They never saw the tape and put the suspension in the hands of Goddell. Not their fault Goddell gave that light punishment and is now lying about seeing the vid

The blackballing of Ray Rice has begun. The Ravens don't get any props for cutting him after supporting him for as long as they did. Like the DV policy, their move was completely reactionary. Others have to be fired and reprimanded. It is only right.

Exactly. They don't get any credit for basically not wanting to deal with the NFL's **** up.

Video or not, we knew what happened in the elevator and they chose to rally behind them. The Ravens are not absolved of their role in this.

cutting ray rice still doesn't solve the problem. doesn't absolve the ravens of their poor handling of this
He didn't play a game yet and they just made sure he never will
laugh.gif
well the thing is that all this is from the ravens is their way of getting rid of the problem after the fact. passing the buck - "well he's not our problem now" - so to speak, after having done a bunch of questionable things to (positively) sway public opinion about him in the first place. i mean they did the right thing to cut him, but they cut him because the video came out, not because of the actions which led to it

Video or not, we knew what happened in the elevator and they chose to rally behind them. The Ravens are not absolved of their role in this.

how about ravens fans who cheered and applauded him when he came onto the field for that home preseason game? :nerd:

If Vick can make it back into the league and change his image I'm sure Rice can, too.

I don't think te Ravens made the decision by themselves.

Godell defiantly made a phone call.
There was no other choice really. They did it, but I wouldn't give them credit either. In this case, it seems like the Ravens are the person they are sorry they got caught instead of being remorseful for the act itself. 

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn.....NFL lying about not seeing this until today too. I thought there were reports that Goodell saw what happened inside the elevator. They had to know this tape was out there. How can TMZ get it and not the all powerful NFL? Since he was cut, doesn't that mean he can be signed by any team? How long does some team take to say **** the PR hit, we need him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom