NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is terrible news IMO . love the old school feel of the Browns jerseys
tired.gif

if it was up to me theyd never change
I like the Browns jerseys too.  That said, Nike did a great job with the Vikings jerseys sticking with a classic style.

Plus you got to address that curse somehow.

Last edited:
this is terrible news IMO . love the old school feel of the Browns jerseys |I

I like the Browns jerseys too.  That said, Nike did a great job with the Vikings jerseys sticking with a classic style.

Plus you got to address that curse somehow.

Totally. Love the new Vikes uniforms, they're amazing. I think Nike should do well with Cleveland's stuff.

New Browns jersey for next year, can't wait to see how those turn out...

this is terrible news IMO . love the old school feel of the Browns jerseys |I

I agree to an extent.

The reason why I'm all for the changes; is because the Browns have been horrible since their return.

It just feels so redundant seeing them lose in these classic jerseys. I think it's time to leave them in the past, and go forward with a new look and hopefully embodying a new outlook, or basically - more wins :rolleyes.

It's bittersweet for me though. I mean I agree - it's like seeing the Lakers or Yankees changing uni's. But the Browns of course haven't been nearly as successful for them to keep them grounded.

Last edited:
If Browns removed the ugly orange I would agree with it. Or at least use less orange. Bucs jersey is okay, like the new age style but, like most of you guys, hate the swashbucklin' font.

So people in love with Russell Wilson's arm... These people take a radar gun to the combine and get mph on throws. Need to keep reading to see how they calculate, but allegedly case keenum threw as hard as Wilson, and Foles threw harder than both.

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2013/03/27/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2012/
I saw Keenum show some impressive arm strength this year.

Weird to see Foles up there because in-game his arm hasn't really impressed me at all.

Well at least there is a meaning to their numbers being like that, "Wood carvings from swords". I'll wait to see them in person to see what I'll get.

So people in love with Russell Wilson's arm... These people take a radar gun to the combine and get mph on throws. Need to keep reading to see how they calculate, but allegedly case keenum threw as hard as Wilson, and Foles threw harder than both.

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2013/03/27/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2012/

It may be safe to say that there is no REAL #1 QB in this draft. I think it's all crap shoot on these QB's.

But that arm strength isn't really something to keep an eye out for. I remember Greg Little and Josh Gordon saying Brandon Weeden threw the hardest football ever, but of course it meant nothing because of his accuracy.

That's the point I'm getting at. All the numbers are fun to look at, but it comes down to playing football. A quarterback can either get it done, or not.

Besides 2012, every year they say there is no franchise qbs
That's because there aren't. How many REAL franchise QBs(brady, manning, brees, rodgers, etc) are there in the NFL compared to the amount of teams? 

Last edited:
Can't wait to see how many of y'all do a 180 by week 10 on the Bucs jerseys.

There will be a lot of new jerseys in the next 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Besides 2012, every year they say there is no franchise qbs

That's because there aren't. How many franchise QBs are there in the NFL compared to the amount of teams? 

Brady, Manning , Rodgers, Luck, Rivers, Manning, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Flacco, Ryan, Brees, Newton, Romo, Kaepernick and maybe Stafford & Cutler

Last edited:
Franchise = can lead your team to playoffs consistently
Romo is a special case
Elite = is Manning Rodgers Brady Brees

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom