NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: :rofl:

In the words of Deuce, bless Vontae Davis's heart. I knew he wasn't that bright after watching Hard Knocks last year.

Last edited:
On a side note, I had no problem with the call in the Jets/Pats game, but why exactly is it such a harsh penalty? I understand a 5 yard penalty and repeat down, but 15 yards AND an automatic first?

:x

Last edited:
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Doug Martin says he didn’t separate shoulder[/h1]
Posted by Josh Alper on October 21, 2013, 8:58 AM EDT

300x-66-e1382360270462.jpg
Getty Images
The list of miserable things to befall the Buccaneers this season got a little longer on Sunday with both a 31-23 loss to an undermanned Falcons team and a shoulder injury suffered by running back Doug Martin.

Martin was hit by Falcons safety William Moorewhile trying to catch a pass in the third quarter and didn’t return to the game after the injury. After the game, Martin said, via Pat Yasinskas of ESPN.com, that X-rays of the shoulder looked “fine” and that he didn’t separate his shoulder  on the play.

There’s still more evaluation to be done before making a determination on both the extent of the injury and the length of any absence for Martin, leaving the running back to “hope for the best.” With the Bucs back in action against the Panthers on Thursday night, even a less serious injury could wind up keeping Martin out of the lineup for at least Week Eight.

Mike James  took over for Martin on Sunday and would likely remain in the role if Martin’s absence extends through Thursday’s game.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/doug-martin-says-he-didnt-separate-shoulder/

Maaan Wayne out for the season I'm about to cry a thousand thug tears. Anyone think we will pick someone else up to replace Wayne?

Doug Martin out for the year. Torn labrum

the YEAR? Source?

:lol: just post unsourced news and bail :smh:

[h1] [/h1]

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7426/doug-martin[/URL]"]
[h1]Doug Martin says he didn’t separate shoulder[/h1]

Posted by Josh Alper on October 21, 2013, 8:58 AM EDT

300x-66-e1382360270462.jpg
Getty Images

The list of miserable things to befall the Buccaneers this season got a little longer on Sunday with both a 31-23 loss to an undermanned Falcons team and a shoulder injury suffered by running back Doug Martin.

Martin was hit by Falcons safety William Moorewhile trying to catch a pass in the third quarter and didn’t return to the game after the injury. After the game, Martin said, via Pat Yasinskas of ESPN.com, that X-rays of the shoulder looked “fine” and that he didn’t separate his shoulder on the play.

There’s still more evaluation to be done before making a determination on both the extent of the injury and the length of any absence for Martin, leaving the running back to “hope for the best.” With the Bucs back in action against the Panthers on Thursday night, even a less serious injury could wind up keeping Martin out of the lineup for at least Week Eight.

Mike James took over for Martin on Sunday and would likely remain in the role if Martin’s absence extends through Thursday’s game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/doug-martin-says-he-didnt-separate-shoulder/
[/quote]

:rofl:

My fault, I heard it on a sports radio show here in NY. Also saw it on NFL TV and Mike Garafalo's twitter. They said out for the year, Torn Labrum.

Last edited:
Titans owner Bud Adams has passed away
RIP

Bud-Adams.jpg
This pic will always be great.

I know a lot of Titans fans didnt like the moves he made, but dude cared about that team and wanted to see them win.

he also stole a team away from my city. he said he'd stay if we renovated the astrodome to make it better for football, we did, and then he left. conned taxpayers and stole our team. people in harris county are still paying that down. :smh:

bum phillips and bud adams dying so soon to each other is creepy

Did Merriweather knock himself out again? Dude is way too wreckless, just launching himself at guys. Even Dunta Robinson plays less reckless than him

This past weekend, Sam Bradford tore his anterior cruciate ligament and is out for the year. Now, the St. Louis Rams' starting quarterback is none other than Kellen Clemens, the former second round pick of the New York Jets. However, let's be honest for a moment. There is no way the Rams are going full speed ahead with Clemens, who during the preseason against the Green Bay Packers went 2-11 for 27 yards, two interceptions, and a 0.0 quarterback rating.

But there is a solution. The Jets can trade one of their backup quarterbacks (Matt Simms, Brady Quinn, or David Garrard) to the Rams. In addition, they can throw in a late round pick, one of many that they will have in the 2014 NFL Draft, and receive WR Stedman Bailey in return.

I said much about Bailey, even going so far as to proclaim him my favorite receiver in the 2013 NFL Draft. He was Geno Smith's favorite wide receiver at West Virginia University, and the two even played in high school together. Together, the two can create the New York Mountaineers, and give Smith an additional threat at a banged up position. There have been numerous reports that Bailey had an excellent training camp, however the Rams have so many receiving threats (naturally, they have been underutilized by offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer) that it's created a bottleneck.

So while the Rams seem to have no use for Bailey and desperately need a quarterback, a good trade opportunity has arisen. Neither the backup quarterbacks for the Jets nor Bailey for the Rams have done much for either team, yet they are in a position to be of use to the other team, creating a win-win scenario. Throw in a late round pick to sweeten the deal, and John Idzik should be jumping at the opportunity.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/10/21/4862160/the-new-york-jets-should-trade-for-stedman-bailey

Praying this trade can happen! Rather they keep Simms and get rid of Quinn.

Last edited:
In case yall missed it...

1merriweather1.gif

2merriweather2.gif

Radio guy in DC said it best:

Steve Czaban ‏@czabe 22h

Brandon Merriweather: X button = "Helmet to Helmet Hit" Y button = "Miss Tackle". The other buttons don't do anything.

:lol: :smh:

Unfortunately, he's the best safety on the roster for the Skins. Suspension is going to hurt this team because they are already thin in the defensive backfield. Just need to finish the year with this fool, get the cap space back, and sign someone else other than #31 to be on the roster.

Welp, let's see if Rambo has improved. He's up.

The disrespect happening during the rams game LOL. I LOVE IT. Turned an otherwise trash game into something worth watching. Sports is becoming too " buddy buddy". Bring back the hate, the butthurt, the shame of losing, the insult to injury, the true rivalry. Seems like all players follow each other on twitter or something now. Weak
You took the words right outta my mouth. Seriously. I been yelling and screaming on dudes...telling them this..

What is wit this...."hold each other's hands, sing kumbaya, be friends, "we are the world" type ish.....get outta here with that..

what happened to the pacers-bulls, bulls-pistons, knicks-bulls, magic-bulls, pistons-celtics, lakers-celtics....type rivalries...

its non-existant.....i want 90's jail ball back...isiah, reggie, mj, ewing...i want that back....these fun bois.....melo, d will, lebron, wade, bosh....those ladies are all friends...they twit pic and poke each other...what is that?

melo will lose to the heat...and kiss lebron on the cheek...and hug him...and tell him how much he loves him...what type of ish is that? where they do that at?

or D Will will lose to the heat...and hug D Wade...and Dap up Lebron on some..."I love you I hope you win"

where is the competitive spirit?

Thats why I mess with Rondo....The bulls and the pacers.....those 3 teams....give no respect or acknowledgement to the Heat at all...

its a rivalry....act some type of way.....the South beach fun bois just prevented you from winning a ring....how you gonna hug, kiss, dap and show them love? smh

Last edited:
Now the titans can get rid of those jerseys

So many injuries this year, people forgot how physical this game is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom