NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
so is the media going to give tebow a free pass?

Most likely. I don't care either way because I don't really worry about that stuff, but I hope it's not something else that people hate Tebow for. Tebow "quitting" is one thing. The media spinning it, or lack thereof, another thing and even more, how people use that to judge a good human being in Tebow.

Call me whatever. I don't condone nor neccessarily support Tebow with this matter...It's just, this stuff gets old.

Last edited:

:nerd:

The reports coming out today that Tannenbaum and Sparano might be fired from their respective roles is the best news/gift a Jets fan could receive this Christmas. :pimp: .

i think WATT is the mvp because your talking about a 5 tech guy thats doing EVERYTHING
out there , dudes like von miller and aldon smith are beast at getting to the quarterback
but both of them ONLY rush the quarteback and in aldon smith's case he has the support
of the best linebacker core in football

20.5 sacks :x
65 tackles.....leads defensive ends
4 forced fumbles...
15 pass deflections :x ....for a defensive end , those are cornerback numbers

and the play indy next week , 

you cant tell for certain who's having a better season between  brady/rodgers.peyton , but watt is in just a complete seperate tier from everyone
on the defensive side of the ball this year

Von Miller is one of the best run defenders in the league. He is a big reason the Broncos have one of the best run defenses in the NFL. With that said Id give it to Watt but barely.

Last edited:
Von Miller is one of the best run defenders in the league. He is a big reason the Broncos have one of the best run defenses in the NFL. With that said Id give it to Watt but barely.

Smart man. Got to give it to Watt. What he is doing this year is amazing especially for a 3-4 DE. Leads the league in sacks, PD (at his position), QB hits, and tackles for loss. He does it in the run game, passing game, and affects every aspect of the game.

Not saying Von isn't a beast, but what Watt is doing this year has been unheard of.

von is more disruptive. watt will get it though.

Smart man. Got to give it to Watt. What he is doing this year is amazing especially for a 3-4 DE. Leads the league in sacks, PD (at his position), QB hits, and tackles for loss. He does it in the run game, passing game, and affects every aspect of the game.
Not saying Von isn't a beast, but what Watt is doing this year has been unheard of.

I agree 100%

But I do want to say this. Wade Phillips 3-4 is not the norm.

He rushes the passer from the 5 tech spot and Watt lines up at DT when they go to a 4 man front.

Watt, Von, and Aldon are just disgusting though. :x

laugh.gif
 I love how this is shaping up. Sherman and Doug Baldwin on Harbaugh

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... -11-a-m-8/ m

Quote:

11:31 Comment From Carlos rogers
Do you think Baldwin & Sherm really dislike Harbaugh or are they just showing allegiance to their new team?

11:31 Nope. That is legitimate.
11:32 Comment From xcman Did the Stanford guys not like him while at Stanford - or just feel slighted now

11:33 At Stanford. Sherman and Baldwin were recruited by a different coach, and had a tough transition when Harbaugh took over. Sherman moved from offense to defense in part to get away from Harbaugh.
roll.gif
 Sherman was atop the depth chart at WR in 09 and essentially got Alex Smith'd[emoji]8482[/emoji]..

Last edited:
I know every coach has their ex players and peers who dislike them, but man I thought I was alone in disliking Harbaugh. :smh:

Ross confirmed months ago that there would be a logo change next season. I hate the idea of it because, like a few of you have mentioned, our logo has seen very minor changes since its inception. I really hope that picture is not what we're going with, but in all honesty I probably won't be happy with anything they put out. I pray they don't mess with the uniforms either, I would hate to see us go the Vikings, Cardinals, and Falcons route where we ruin a classic uni set just to sell new jerseys.

Ross confirmed months ago that there would be a logo change next season. I hate the idea of it because, like a few of you have mentioned, our logo has seen very minor changes since its inception. I really hope that picture is not what we're going with, but in all honesty I probably won't be happy with anything they put out. I pray they don't mess with the uniforms either, I would hate to see us go the Vikings, Cardinals, and Falcons route where we ruin a classic uni set just to sell new jerseys.

:x :x :x :x :x :x

#$%!# STEPHEN ROSS!!!!!!

Last edited:
:lol:  I love how this is shaping up. Sherman and Doug Baldwin on Harbaugh

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... -11-a-m-8/

Quote:

11:31 Comment From Carlos rogers

Do you think Baldwin

11:32 Comment From xcman Did the Stanford guys not like him while at Stanford - or just feel slighted now

11:33 At Stanford. Sherman and Baldwin were recruited by a different coach, and had a tough transition when Harbaugh took over. Sherman moved from offense to defense in part to get away from Harbaugh.

:rofl:  Sherman was atop the depth chart at WR in 09 and essentially got Alex Smith'd[emoji]8482[/emoji]..

happy-harbaugh1-10-18-12.gif

What's his appeal? That he fixed Alex Smith?

Pro Bowl rosters announced...

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Now there are normally a few headscratchers, but this might be the most incorrect Pro Bowl roster I've ever seen. I won't even bother tearing it apart, I'll let you guys do that :lol:

Last edited:
Casey Hayward deserves to be there...but I'm not sure who you take off on the NFC side for CBs so he'd get that nod.

I'm glad Alf is an alternate but he should have made it over Gore....but for non-Skins/49ers fans, what do you think the rationale is behind Gore making it?

Last edited:
Casey Hayward deserves to be there...but I'm not sure who you take off on the NFC side for CBs so he'd get that nod.

I'm glad Alf is an alternate but he should have made it over Gore....but for non-Skins/49ers fans, what do you think the rationale is behind Gore making it?

Gore is more popular. I dont think a non Skins/49ers fan needs to tell you that

I pray they don't mess with the uniforms either, I would hate to see us go the Vikings, Cardinals, and Falcons route where we ruin a classic uni set just to sell new jerseys.

If they are getting a new logo Nike will lost likely get the ok to design a new uniform too. Don't worry reebok isn't here to make an ugly jersey like the vikes/falcons/cardinals. So Miami and Jax in line for new uniforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom