NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skip is looking like a clueless idiot on First Take, as usual..

let me guess, saying once Talib got hurt it was all over for the Pats ?

Pretty much trying to defend his Superbowl pick.

Stephen A showed some tape from November where Skip said the Ravens would miss the playoffs and Skip got mad as hell. :lol:
Yep. It was classic Skip where he gets called out and then gets mad and tries to turn it around on the other person. Dude is lame. :smh:

Unlike with Stephen A you can tell it's not just a TV act, and that he's probably not a likeable person in real life either.

Last edited:
Yep. It was classic Skip where he gets called out and then gets mad and tries to turn it around on the other person. Dude is lame. :smh:

Unlike with Stephen A you can tell it's not just a TV act, and that he's probably not a likeable person in real life either.

Really? I always felt the opposite. Like, Skip knows he's a joke but Stephen A takes himself really seriously...

I don't think so. Skip doesn't seem self aware. I used to think it was an Ann coulter troll type thing, but I don't know anymore. He may be the greatest actor ever

Really? I always felt the opposite. Like, Skip knows he's a joke but Stephen A takes himself really seriously...
yea..me too..that def isnt screamin a smiths real personalty...he didnt yell this much til he got a show with skip...
I don't think so. Skip doesn't seem self aware. I used to think it was an Ann coulter troll type thing, but I don't know anymore. He may be the greatest actor ever
as a boys fan im familiar with skip outside of ESPN....go read some of his literature...dude is a phenomenal journalist...is he corny on tv and his act getting old??? yes.    did he pay the cost to be the boss??? yup.

Last edited:
yea..me too..that def isnt screamin a smiths real personalty...he didnt yell this much til he got a show with skip...

as a boys fan im familiar with skip outside of ESPN....go read some of his literature...dude is a phenomenal journalist...is he corny on tv and his act getting old??? yes.    did he pay the cost to be the boss??? yup.

Other than the article where he said Troy Aikman was in the closet?

No I believe it though, have also seen Stephen A on some 90s documentary and he looked/sounded like a completely different person.

No I believe it though, have also seen Stephen A on some 90s documentary and he looked/sounded like a completely different person.
lol...there isnt a successful journalist that aint rustle his way to the top..

my man called a 7ft man bosh spice continually to his face after said 7 footer asked him to stop multiple times...his act is to rustle jimmies..lol..

dude writes good pieces..he ALWAYS knows what hes talking about, very thorough in his research....

but then again, i dont watch 1st take and i prefer to read my news vs watching it...so maybe im just hyping up his journalistic prowess...dude is well respected in that field...

Stephen A rants a lot because that's his trademark thing, but at least has some level of social awareness. He knows his job is solely about putting out a marketable product for ESPN, not actually having knowledgeable sports discussion. So he'll rant but he doesn't actually take it personally. Like even today, he could have destroyed Skip for all the dumb predictions he'd made but he kinda went easy on him for the sake of the show's chemistry. He seems like he's probably a decent guy off the air.

Another example is the Rob Parker incident. SAS knew when the line was crossed and tried to reign the conversation back in somewhat.

Skip though, comes off as extremely immature. He takes everything way too personally and makes off-the-wall statements just to get a rise out of people. I remember Skip bringing up the Jovan Belcher incident to Chad Johnson "Chad do you feel like you can relate to Belcher, since you've had a history of abusing women?" :smh:

Plus there was the Troy Aikman incident as someone mentioned.

Last edited:
Stephen A rants a lot because that's his trademark thing, but at least has some level of social awareness. He knows his job is solely about putting out a marketable product for ESPN, not actually having knowledgeable sports discussion. So he'll rant but he doesn't actually take it personally. Like even today, he could have destroyed Skip for all the dumb predictions he'd made but he kinda went easy on him for the sake of the show's chemistry. He seems like he's probably a decent guy off the air.

Another example is the Rob Parker incident. SAS knew when the line was crossed and tried to reign the conversation back in somewhat.

Skip though, comes off as extremely immature. He takes everything way too personally and makes off-the-wall statements just to get a rise out of people. I remember Skip bringing up the Jovan Belcher incident to Chad Johnson "Chad do you feel like you can relate to Belcher, since you've had a history of abusing women?" :smh:

First of all it doesn't really bother me that Skip made Chad Johnson uncomfortable on his "forget I beat my wife" tour...

But honestly, I more felt that some of the things Skip says are SO off the wall and shameless, especially when he sticks with an angle after he's clearly wrong, that I figure he just accepts his role as the clown of ESPN and has learned to relish it.

Not that I really know though.

Last edited:

lol...there isnt a successful journalist that aint rustle his way to the top..

my man called a 7ft man bosh spice continually to his face after said 7 footer asked him to stop multiple times...his act is to rustle jimmies..lol..

dude writes good pieces..he ALWAYS knows what hes talking about, very thorough in his research....

but then again, i dont watch 1st take and i prefer to read my news vs watching it...so maybe im just hyping up his journalistic prowess...dude is well respected in that field...

Yeah his journalistic work is great but dude is a joke on TV. The Tebow and Jeremy Lin slurping then he'll hate on dude's like Lebron and Aaron Rodgers. I used to think dude was acting but now I think he really believes the stuff he says. :lol:

Stephen A is no where near as bias.

Last edited:

First of all it doesn't really bother me that Skip made Chad Johnson uncomfortable on his "forget I beat my wife" tour...

But honestly, I more felt that some of the things Skip says are SO off the wall and shameless, especially when he sticks with an angle after he's clearly wrong, that I figure he just accepts his role as the clown of ESPN and has learned to relish it.

Not that I really know though.
Maybe so. My thing is, if you're gonna be a clown, at least be a clown without an ego. :lol: Skip is a clown but has a massive ego to boot and resorts to acting like a child when called out because he can't take criticism. It reflects very poorly on him imo. I admit I haven't read any of his stuff though, maybe he's more legit in his writings.

Welker needs to rein his wife in.
Nah she's right though
Right about what? It has no relevance to the game. She's classless. Someone could easily talk about how Tom Brady ditched his pregnant girlfriend for Gisele, but it has no relevance to the matter at hand. Its why WAGs need to shut up and just look pretty especially when they contribute nothing.

Last edited:
Lol at Welkers wife firing shots.

She should just shutup and go back to getting mustache rides from that block headed husband of hers.

She can talk about whatever/whomever she wants....

Just do not quote what she says and draw attention to it if you think it contributes nothing.

She said it so people would talk about it....

Last edited:
They're talking about Ray overdoing the God stuff :rolleyes .. but I guess if it's Tebow it's cool

You're correct. Tim never gets made fun of, joked upon, laughed at and humiliated with his God comments and actions. He definitely gets a pass over Lewis from fans and the media :lol:

It's because people question the validity of it all. Does anyone remember how he was before his murder accusation? I don't, really.

Tebow's been like that from day one and it never comes off as phony. Annoying, maybe, but when Ray OD's on it, sometimes it seems disingenuous.

Last edited:
Right about what? It has no relevance to the game. She's classless. Someone could easily talk about how Tom Brady ditched his pregnant girlfriend for Gisele, but it has no relevance to the matter at hand. Its why WAGs need to shut up and just look pretty especially when they contribute nothing.
she's talking about his off the field image and being a role model, not how good he plays on the field.  people are going to bring these things up, there's a 32 page thread about a kid who lied about having a girlfriend and ESPN is devoting entire shows about it. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom