Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

What was the reason ? please help.. i'm confused now 
laugh.gif
More comfy controller than ps3, I got a 360 and loved it, Xbox one has more features believe it or not the only reason I didn't preorder was cause of the DRM thing. The 24 hour online. I play online all the time but I didn't want to always have to click it on. My final reason is cause the Xbox has more exclusives that I am interested in such as Killer Instinct. P.S. I have no shirt on papi

I think we can both agree, Microsoft didn't do this because of what fans were saying. They did this because preorder numbers reflected what the fans were saying.
Definitely, and that's what upsets me the most. The future was something too complex for a basic consumer to understand so they went with something everyone already understood. The same damn system as before, just revamped.
M$'s priorities:
  1. profit
  2. profit
  3. profit
  4. p
  5. r
  6. o
  7. f
  8. i
  9. t
  10. innovate

Last edited:
When a publisher wants to pull a game, they will pull it. EA does this all the time on the PC. You don't own video games anymore, you own "licenses" to play them. Doesn't matter if you bought it and it's installed, you won't be able to access the content. 

People are always quick to dismiss Nintendo when they are the only ones who know what they're doing in the console industry.  
Couldn't we buy the physical copy and just download it to our console so if anything ever happened to our records of the game we would still have the hard copy?   Then we could still play it where ever we go since it will be downloaded to our account.

Definitely, and that's what upsets me the most. The future was something too complex for a basic consumer to understand so they went with something everyone already understood. The same damn system as before, just revamped.
i'd love to know "the future" seeing as how microsoft didnt do a very good job of explaining it

"drm has plenty of advantages (names zero)"

"daily required checks offer plenty of advantages (names zero)"

if their goal was "the future" then why didnt they do a good job of selling people on "the future" ?

Last edited:
Couldn't we buy the physical copy and just download it to our console so if anything ever happened to our records of the game we would still have the hard copy?   Then we could still play it where ever we go since it will be downloaded to our account.

Yea but you have to insert the disc to play the downloaded game for piracy reasons. That's basically the 24hr online check, but for the last generation.

I was team PS4, but now im open to the Xbox One. I loved playing games at friends houses on Xbox Live. 

$100 more is a problem though

the developers/publishers wouldn't have had to make it "work". the technology for that is embedded in the hardware!! (which will be killed via day one patch now)

I already had 4 homies in other states getting Xbox Ones & we were down for group buys on single-player games too :smh:
It was built into the hard/sofware yes.

But like Microsoft originally said, the family sharing ONLY applied(would of) to Microsoft studios games. And 3rd party developers would have the ability to use it too if they wanted.

That's what he meant about make it "work". They would have to adopt it for it to work for their games. I hate to disappoint "already had sharing worked out" people even more, but the function never was going to be every X Box One game.

Halo, Forza, Ryze, Kinect Sports? 100% would work
WatchDogs, Madden, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Destiny? Not likely.

Last edited:
If more people could play the developers' games (with this feature) WITHOUT losing money, what makes you think 3rd parties weren't gonna use it? :lol:

Steam is about to run full steam ahead (pun intended) with this concept because they know it can work.

But like Microsoft originally said, the family sharing ONLY applied(would of) to Microsoft studios games. And 3rd party developers would have the ability to use it too

you just contradicted yourself :lol:

Last edited:
If more people could play the developers' games (with this feature) WITHOUT losing money, what makes you think 3rd parties weren't gonna use it? :lol:

Steam is about to run full steam ahead (pun intended) with this concept because they know it can work.
you just contradicted yourself :lol:
Go ahead, edit my post in your quote, remove the "if they wanted", and then try and make it seem like I contradicted myself. Either way, no I didn't.

It only applies to Microsoft Studios, until 3rd parties adapt it. Saying it only applies for them doesn't mean it can't work for others. Microsoft isn't forcing developers to share their games, so they only applied it to 1st party games with the option of others adopted in future.

Last edited:
I preordered the PS4 last week, So I'm gonna stick with it. Maybe when the Xbox one stops bundling with the kinect I'll cop.... .maybe. But Halo would have to be ABOVE and BEYOND Halo 4.

those changes made me think about copping the xb1

while im glad ms changed it ways, its for the wrong reasons. like that dude said, they only did it cause there are a lot less pre orders compared to the ps4

if preorders were a bit better than ms wouldnt have even changed their bs tactics. just doing it to bring ppl back rather than seeing it was a wrong thing to do

i think ill prolly roll with Sony next gen. i got a 360 now and ill stay with it prolly until early 2015 then cop a ps4

I'm trying to figure out what new innovating feature MS had that some of these people are getting worked up about now that MS decided to canceled there DRM.

eyes.gif
not as if you care or even comprehend, the cloud computing makes it more powerful than ps4.... and not that it even matters,
laugh.gif
 ..Cloud Computing ...LOL
[h1]Sony: 'of course' PS4 can do cloud computing[/h1]
by Andrew Yoon, Jun 15, 2013 5:00pm PDT