Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

Last edited:
lol don't believe the power of the cloud nonsense. It's just there to cover up their weaker hardware.

MS said XBOne is 10x more powerful than the 360 offline and 40 times with the infinite power of the cloud so why can't they achieve backwards compatibility with the cloud?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

Read what the cloud computing is in this article and why it isn't exclusive to MS

I get that, but you're missing what im saying, both systems will be relatively the same with the edge going towards Playstation with the fast ram. I doubt we see any "drastic" differences between multiplatform games until a couple years down the line

I was team PS4, but now im open to the Xbox One. I loved playing games at friends houses on Xbox Live. 

$100 more is a problem though

[COLOR=#red]You shouldn't be buying either one then.

only $100 more, pre orders are only $100 down, and you have 5 months or so to save/pay it off.

On another note, I'm glad that they "listened" to the public. Goes back to the service that I have personally gotten and have been really happy with. Although I didn't have any problems with anything they were doing it was nice to see.

But I was/am curious how the cloud and everything worked. Hopefully it will be something of an option to use in the future when they can re-patch it after they hire someone to explain it a million times better then they have.[/COLOR]

I was team PS4, but now im open to the Xbox One. I loved playing games at friends houses on Xbox Live. 

$100 more is a problem though

[COLOR=#red]You shouldn't be buying either one then.

only $100 more, pre orders are only $100 down, and you have 5 months or so to save/pay it off.

On another note, I'm glad that they "listened" to the public. Goes back to the service that I have personally gotten and have been really happy with. Although I didn't have any problems with anything they were doing it was nice to see.

But I was/am curious how the cloud and everything worked. Hopefully it will be something of an option to use in the future when they can re-patch it after they hire someone to explain it a million times better then they have.[/COLOR]

its 25% of the price of the ps4....that is a big difference...if it was $100 on a car purchase...we are talking a different animal. But that is a material change in price for something only costing $400 vs $500

I get that, but you're missing what im saying, both systems will be relatively the same with the edge going towards Playstation with the fast ram. I doubt we see any "drastic" differences between multiplatform games until a couple years down the line
You're saying the edge goes to Playstation? When earlier you claimed cloud computing makes Xbox One more powerful than PS4? I am confused.

[COLOR=#red]No... It's only $100. You, generalized not specific to you, piss away $100 on a bar tab or movies and activities in a night. Most NTers will buy multiple shoes a month on release, how many hundreds are in that count brah.

You will also get a kinect (which isn't many peoples favorite but still a $100 piece of equipment) and XBL for a year so I've read (another whatever retail is for it $50 or $60? I haven't paid retail for an XBL subscription). To me XBL and the extra services along with the exclusives are what have me coming back time and again. Everyone can argue the specs... but at the end of the day it's the same imo and neither are any where near as powerful as a computer. So it doesn't matter to me.

(Working at the moment so don't have time to google the source, I believe it was talked about in here as well pages back.)

Lastly who of us JUST pay retail for only the console? I sure never have. I usually pick up an extra controller and a couple games at least. At the end of the day you might be looking at only a $50 increase in some cases, or maybe even equal prices. There plenty of ways to say it'll be the same, or it'll be $100 more. But, as I said previously, people piss away $100 all the time with material things. A whole 5 months away, someone buying a system shouldn't be worried about the money. They should get what they like and what. If $100 is your deal breaker you should re-evaluate your priorities. A gaming system shouldn't be one of them.

Now off of my "soap box", just trying to help is all, it's your (anyone that isn't me) own money and you do what it with what you please.
[/COLOR]

I'm surprise no one mention how Xbox One is not compatible with your Xbox 360 accessories....so that gonna add up more too

I'm surprise no one mention how Xbox One is not compatible with your Xbox 360 accessories....so that gonna add up more too

Yup and the headset is $100 to $150

Don't forget the play and charge kit...(yes they still need this) that's another $20

If you actually wanna do that cool stuff with the TV that's going to run you like $150

So with games , Xbox live, a headset, and a play and charge kit. You looking at what $900 to $1000

How am I going to blow money on the bar if I'm spending a g on my xbox?

Where with Sony your looking at ps+ for $50 and games $60 for let's say two. Lets say around $650 to $700

Take $100 off each if your going thru amazon(no tax)

Don't forget the play and charge kit...(yes they still need this) that's another $20

If you actually wanna do that cool stuff with the TV that's going to run you like $150

So with games , Xbox live, a headset, and a play and charge kit. You looking at what $900 to $1000

Where with Sony your looking at ps+ for $50 and games $60 for let's say two. Lets say around $650 to $700

[COLOR=#red]
Fair point, but all of that is included in XB1 isn't it? They have a headset, xbl, the charger, and games cost the same between xbox and ps. Little high for taxes.

And whatever "cool tv stuff" you're talking about not too sure. Netflix, HBO Go? That's extra for both systems as well. HDMI cord? Think comes with it, don't remember. If not, that's 10 bucks. And if you get a warrenty still the same price for both.
[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:

Im not saying I know the facts, but i HIGHLY DOUBT the mic is $100 bruh..if you talking about a Turtle Beach or something lol.

There is no extra charge for the TV stuff, you already are paying for Cable TV

Im not saying I know the facts, but i HIGHLY DOUBT the mic is $100 bruh..if you talking about a Turtle Beach or something lol.

There is no extra charge for the TV stuff, you already are paying for Cable TV

M$ is working with TB for the official headsets and yes they are $100 to $150 a headset does not come with the Xbox one. As of right now.

And I was talking about $1000 for everything I mentioned plus taxes. I've been doing my research because I plan on getting both. And all this info is from articles I've read. Maybe I can find them when I get home and post them for y'all.

But you can just add it up...

Xbox One = $500
Xbox Live = $50
Headset = $100
Play and charge kit = $20
2 games = $120

Grand Total = $790 plus taxes (without the cool TV device)

For ps4 it's...

Ps4 = $400
Ps+ = $50
2 games = $120

Grand Total = $570 + taxes

Take off the headset or hopefully cheaper ones will be compatible and the Xbox is still $120 or so more.

I'm bored at work guys :lol:

Separate "supported receiver device".

Could be a new comcast box coming out in future, or could be just any comcast HD box that have been released in last 2 years. We don't know, but chances if they are working with the cable companies, comcast will give you the box or w/e for free like they do now assuming you are in a contract with them.

We don't know if its new boxes only or current boxes will be compatible yet.

Separate "supported receiver device".

Could be a new comcast box coming out in future, or could be just any comcast HD box that have been released in last 2 years. We don't know, but chances if they are working with the cable companies, comcast will give you the box or w/e for free like they do now assuming you are in a contract with them.

We don't know if its new boxes only or current boxes will be compatible yet.

Separate device as in your current cable box

From that very link:
The release describes Xbox One’s TV functions as follows, “Navigate and watch live TV from your cable, telco or satellite set-top box through your Xbox One. Microsoft is committed to bringing live TV through various solutions to all the markets where Xbox One will be available”.

I prefer the disk over a digital download

if you could play your digital version on ANYBODY ELSE'S Xbox One console after a quick online "check-in"/account verification (like previously proposed)...why would you prefer a SOLE DISC copy? :smh:

so you prefer owning 1 DVD over having the movie in your Netflix Instant folder (viewable on consoles/phones/tablets/laptops/desktops) too?

why can't i prefer disk over digital?
maybe i like selling my games if i hate them, maybe i like to lend my games to others.
what you going to do if you buy a digital game and you hate it? you going to return it to Microsoft's network? you going to sell it on the used digital games market?

M$ is working with TB for the official headsets and yes they are $100 to $150 a headset does not come with the Xbox one. As of right now.

And I was talking about $1000 for everything I mentioned plus taxes. I've been doing my research because I plan on getting both. And all this info is from articles I've read. Maybe I can find them when I get home and post them for y'all.

But you can just add it up...

Xbox One = $500
Xbox Live = $50
Headset = $100
Play and charge kit = $20
2 games = $120

Grand Total = $790 plus taxes (without the cool TV device)

For ps4 it's...

Ps4 = $400
Ps+ = $50
2 games = $120

Grand Total = $570 + taxes

Take off the headset or hopefully cheaper ones will be compatible and the Xbox is still $120 or so more.

I'm bored at work guys :lol:

You're glossing stuff over like fox news man lmao
Yes MS and TB are working on an official licensed xb1 headset that will cost $$ just like there current ones for x360...thats not saying ITS THE ONLY ONE lmao.

You HONESTLY think they're charging $100 for this http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-headset-revealed-6410353

View media item 461764

Back
Top Bottom