Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

It's the cloud I'm worried about. I had a bad experience with the cloud service on the 360 (all of my Forza data was corrupted) so I want to wait and see how that works out.

Go to 1.25;00

they need to hire that first dude that started talking @ 1.25 in Microsoft's PR department!!

he broke it down PERFECTLY: Google, Apple, & Microsoft are the only companies with THEIR OWN data centers & servers (running 24 hrs. a day on their own land) all across the US to serve all their consumers using their cloud-based services. this is NOT gonna be an unreliable service at all & you're gonna be on a DEDICATED SERVER every time you log into Xbox Live on your Xbox One

Last edited:
Xbox One Users Must Waive Right To Class Action Suits Against Microsoft; Experts Weigh In

Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) is requiring Xbox One owners to waive their legal right to a class action against the company, according to a disclaimer on the company's website. Those who buy the company's upcoming video game console, the Xbox One, enter an agreement that any future legal proceeding against Microsoft is done on a case-by-case basis.
The Xbox One's pre-order disclaimer says “Terms include binding arbitration with class action waiver to resolve disputes.” That means that if the Xbox One has a widespread issue like its predecessor's “red ring of death” (RRoD), the affected owners will have to sue Microsoft individually, rather than banding together in a class action.

According to attorney Paul A. Herman, a consumer advocacy expert who has previously worked on class suits against large corporations, binding arbitration helps companies like Microsoft avoid large claims. Should a legal situation arise with the Xbox One, consumers have to hire their own lawyer and pay for legal costs up front.

Class action, on the other hand, occurs when a group of people have the same problem with an entity such as Microsoft, and are therefore entitled to the same compensation. Legal representatives on the consumer's side in a class suit are called plaintiff lawyers, and are only paid if the suit is won. The amount of money charged by plaintiff attorneys is sometimes criticized for being too high. With binding arbitration in their terms and conditions of use, Microsoft is protecting itself against class action.

“It’s completely objectionable, because it’s a totally stacked deck,” Herman said. "The big money guys are picking out the arbitrators they want. It always has been so consumers get screwed."

In an agreement where binding arbitration is involved, consumers must use the arbitrator preselected by a company such a Microsoft, then undergo a “quasi-legal” process where there are no legal rules or objections.

“Arguments can be made that would not even be considered evidence in a real court of law,” Herman said. “If they pick the arbitration company, it’s easy to skew the judgment in their favor."

The Florida-based attorney raised the issue of objectivity in a proceeding like binding arbitration, where a mediator in the case is much less likely to be as impartial as a judge in a court of law.

"In court, justice is blind,” he said. “In arbitration, justice is not blind. It’s not even a case of one eye peeking out. The blindfold is over her forehead.”

Herman said that while a judge may be objective, the arbitrators used by big companies often are not. Microsoft was hit with a class action in 2008 over covering up possible Xbox 360 defects such as the "red ring of death." According to an email from Keith Cable, the attorney who issued the original lawsuit, that case was resolved confidentially and he is prohibited from discussing the terms.

Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:APPL) was recently ordered to pay $53 million in a lawsuit due to faulty liquid sensors in its devices, and also faces a suit over issues concerning burn-in on its MacBook Pro with Retina display. Perhaps the iPhone 5S will be the next device to include a “binding arbitration” agreement in its Terms & Conditions?

Follow Thomas Halleck on Twitter

http://www.ibtimes.com/xbox-one-use...suits-against-microsoft-experts-weigh-1306797

smh.. both companies are doing this.

Last edited:
Go to 1.25;00

they need to hire that first dude that started talking @ 1.25 in Microsoft's PR department!!

he broke it down PERFECTLY: Google, Apple, & Microsoft are the only companies with THEIR OWN data centers & servers (running 24 hrs. a day on their own land) all across the US to serve all their consumers using their cloud-based services. this is NOT gonna be an unreliable service at all & you're gonna be on a DEDICATED SERVER every time you log into Xbox Live on your Xbox One

Pretty sure Amazon has a ton too.

But yeah. Anything dudes from Respawn games start talking people need to listen.

If this cloud business is as good as Respawn is making it to be. I hope MS has some sort of back up system to it. Last year Amazon's cloud fell because of one hard drive failure; It basically had many sites hosted on them down for a week.

Last edited:
Confirmed LAUNCH DAY games (they had a separate list for them when I was @ Gamestop earlier today):

Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Dead Rising 3
FIFA 14
Forza Motorsport 5
LocoCycle
Madden NFL 25
NBA Live 14
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals
Ryse: Son of Rome
Skylanders: Swap Force
Watch Dogs

:smokin

Confirmed LAUNCH DAY games (they had a separate list for them when I was @ Gamestop earlier today):

Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Dead Rising 3
FIFA 14
Forza Motorsport 5
LocoCycle
Madden NFL 25
NBA Live 14
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals
Ryse: Son of Rome
Skylanders: Swap Force
Watch Dogs

smokin.gif
with the system spying on you and online check ups

indifferent.gif

Last edited:
If this cloud business is as good as Respawn is making it to be. I hope MS has some sort of back up system to it. Last year Amazon's cloud fell because of one hard drive failure; It basically had many sites hosted on them down for a week.

What is Titanfall using the cloud for?

This buffoonery needs to stop.

Do you even realize how monumental the lawsuits would be if Microsoft was caught spying on people?
That's why it's built in and you can't choose to buy it separate from the system

they can always say you already knew the system features

Do you even realize how monumental the lawsuits would be if Microsoft was caught spying on people?
Would be none if all they did was say in user agreement that no one reads, "we can spy on you".

But it will be in no way be a super intrusion of creeps watching you change clothes that people been crying about since original kinect.

What you should expect, would be it monitoring what TV shows you watch(well the Xbox itself). And then Microsoft will be able to tell AMC you like to watch Breaking Bad or w/e TV show. Then they will offer whatever company the ability to advertise merchandise or DVDs to our 5 million XBL users that specifically watch your TV show. Its same stuff google/bing/facebook already do. They know what you like, and if you don't have adblock your gonna see ads that are relevant to you. Corporations, market reaserachers and advertisers will love it all, but consumers will HATE it without a doubt, especially since half of em won't even realize its going on.

Another possible useful feature for microsoft and its advertisers would be to see reactions and body language in relations to certain commercials or certain parts of commercials. If that we can monitor your heart-rate or skin tone feature is accurate enough, they could see the various reactions in male's blood pressure while viewing that new Kate Upton commercial. So yeah in 2014 Microsoft will be able to finally determine which models are average white girls or heavenly blessed beauties and NT will no longer need to decide.

Last edited:
Would be none if all they did was say in user agreement that no one reads, "we can spy on you".

But it will be in no way be a super intrusion of creeps watching you change clothes that people been crying about since original kinect.

Exactly.

I can guarantee that a majority of the people complaining about this have a Facebook account too. :rolleyes

funny how everybody with the spying/conspiracy theories probably owns a tablet, cell phone, or laptop with a front-facing webcam...so those ones aren't spying on you but the Kinect cam connected to the Xbox One (which you could unplug from the console every time you turn it off if you're OD paranoid) is? :lol: aiight man

funny how everybody with the spying/conspiracy theories probably owns a tablet, cell phone, or laptop with a front-facing webcam...so those ones aren't spying on you but the Kinect cam connected to the Xbox One (which you could unplug from the console every time you turn it off if you're OD paranoid) is?
laugh.gif
aiight man
iPhone is jailbroken with firewall, all outgoing connections have to be approved by me.

Laptop has a sticky note over the webcam.

Did I win?

What is Titanfall using the cloud for?
http://www.polygon.com/e3-2013/2013/6/12/4419110/titanfall-respawn
"One of the new things … is taking advantage of the cloud to put our dedicated servers there, to eliminate things like host advantage and things like that, and introduce more stable experiences for our players," Zampella says. But Titanfall’s server-based backbone goes beyond the traditional benefits of dedicated servers for multiplayer games. "It allows us to offload all AI processing, all that single-player stuff, onto the cloud."

The "single-player stuff" Zampella alludes to includes the basic scripting and control of the world itself. All non-player activity is determined server-side, whether it’s AI "popcorn" or the massive ships that often hover over the battlefield. There are multiple practical benefits to this arrangement. Instead of having world events determined in one player’s session and uploading that information to the multiplayer server, which would then be distributed to each player, locational and movement data for the various parts of Titanfall are distributed to each player simultaneously.

"Being able to know we have those servers available allows us to focus on other things," Baker says. It also frees up system resources for the game running on a console or PC. "Before we decided to do that, our plan was to have (two of six available) threads dedicated to that, to running the 'server' on one of the (player) clients. It gives us more CPU available on the console than we’d have."

"I don’t know that we would have tried this game, had we not had access to the cloud and the servers that it gives us," Emslie said.

funny how everybody with the spying/conspiracy theories probably owns a tablet, cell phone, or laptop with a front-facing webcam...so those ones aren't spying on you but the Kinect cam connected to the Xbox One (which you could unplug from the console every time you turn it off if you're OD paranoid) is? :lol: aiight man

iPhone is jailbroken with firewall, all outgoing connections have to be approved by me.
Laptop has a sticky note over the webcam.

Did I win?

You put a sticky note over your webcam?

Interesting Angry Joe interview... Major Nelson seemed upset lol

so, I buy a game, I can give it to you when im done but you can give it to someone else. that would suck if the 2nd owner was trying to a 3rd people pretending to be the original owner.

Last edited:
Interesting Angry Joe interview... Major Nelson seemed upset lol

so, I buy a game, I can give it to you when im done but you can give it to someone else. that would suck if the 2nd owner was trying to a 3rd people pretending to be the original owner.
nah larry was just deflecting left and right.  i think he was just amped up to answer those type of questions.  

Back
Top Bottom