Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

and i dont like the fact YOU CANT RENT GAMES... im sorry but not every game i ever played i felt was a wise choice. And lord knows id hate to have bought a game for 60-70 bucks, a week later hate it and have to fall to the mercy that is gamestop.

Did this catch anyone off guard? MS released a redesign 360 but didnt drop the price.
Watch, nothing apart from the design will diff.
If the current 360 models go down in price, then I welcome this new 360 model.

I cant find where I read it, but I am 99% sure they said no price cut, just a redesign.

I think he means like the new redesign model drives down the prices of the old Xbox 360 S

This pretty much guarantees I get an X1 at some point down the road for Forza 5...

All Three Top Gear Hosts to Feature in Forza Motorsport 5
Clarkson, Hammond, and May all involved in the ambitious Xbox One launch title.
by Luke Reilly JUNE 12, 2013

Turn 10 design lead Bill Giese has confirmed all three hosts of the BBC’s extraordinarily popular Top Gear will feature in Xbox One launch title Forza Motorsport 5, but stopped short of explaining their exact roles.

“I can tell you all three hosts are involved, they're going to give us some awesome structure in how we present our career to players,” Giese said to Joystiq during a demonstration of Forza Motorsport 5.

“We'll be announcing a little bit more about that this summer, but we're super excited to have all three hosts this time.”

Jeremy Clarkson featured in Forza 4’s Autovista mode where players could hear his humorous and often candid descriptions of the 26 included cars. In Forza Motorsport 5 Autovista has become Forzavista and will extend to all of the games “hundreds” of cars.

Top Gear holds the record for the world's most widely-watched factual TV show and has been broadcast in 212 territories.

Microsoft should be promoting this feature more

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...game-policies/

Since its announcement, there has been some confusion over the details of sharing your Xbox One game library with up to ten "family members." Mehdi couldn't give comprehensive details but he did clarify some things.

For one, a family member doesn't have to be a "blood relative," he said, eliminating the extremely unlikely possibility that the Xbox One would include a built-in blood testing kit. For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house—I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.

You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system, and will also be able to add them later on (though specific details of how you manage these relationships is still not being discussed). The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time.

All in all, this does sound like a pretty convenient feature that's more workable than simply passing discs around amongst friends who are actually in your area.

Sharing your games digitally? Sweet

This sounds great, and pretty much solves any problem with lending games out, you could share games with your buddy that went off to college, or your older brother that lives in another state, all without having to meet in person.

Also, no disc to get lost or damaged, and you wont have to wait for your friend to return your game.

I think a lot of gamers would like this feature, but all i here is DRM complaints, well this is where digital really helps out with flexibility, more people need to hear this.

This pretty much guarantees I get an X1 at some point down the road for Forza 5...

All Three Top Gear Hosts to Feature in Forza Motorsport 5
Clarkson, Hammond, and May all involved in the ambitious Xbox One launch title.
by Luke Reilly JUNE 12, 2013

Turn 10 design lead Bill Giese has confirmed all three hosts of the BBC’s extraordinarily popular Top Gear will feature in Xbox One launch title Forza Motorsport 5, but stopped short of explaining their exact roles.

“I can tell you all three hosts are involved, they're going to give us some awesome structure in how we present our career to players,” Giese said to Joystiq during a demonstration of Forza Motorsport 5.

“We'll be announcing a little bit more about that this summer, but we're super excited to have all three hosts this time.”

Jeremy Clarkson featured in Forza 4’s Autovista mode where players could hear his humorous and often candid descriptions of the 26 included cars. In Forza Motorsport 5 Autovista has become Forzavista and will extend to all of the games “hundreds” of cars.

Top Gear holds the record for the world's most widely-watched factual TV show and has been broadcast in 212 territories.

:wow:

The biggest news here is that there will be an autovista walkthrough for every car.

I'm more so a casual gamer now a days but I'm going to gave to wait a few months on the new consoles I got rrod 3 times in 2 months . Also I wanna see if they are gonna stick with their guns on everything. I have both and a wii-u and all I do on it is watch Netflix and play nba jam and third strike lol

Honestly i was outraged at the policies by xbox but once i thoroughly read them i realized they are legit and fair

Most of it was hyperbole and certain blogs throwing bad press on it

People dont need to check in if they own the disk of the game, that policie is to prevent people from installing games that they dont own and never going back online essentially stealing the game

People dont need to check in if they own the disk of the game, that policie is to prevent people from installing games that they dont own and never going back online essentially stealing the game
Where did you read this?

About the family sharing topic,

Some might think it is too good to be true or that it might not work the way it is worded. With proper scheduling, due to the fact that only one person can play a shared game at a time, 10 people can pass a game with one copy of the game. This would seem totally farfetched.

But after much thought, a disc is technically exactly the same.

From a developer standpoint:
I buy the game: $60 gain to the developer
I lend to a friend: free
I lend to another friend: free
I sell to Gamestop and they sell to someone: free, only Gamestop makes this profit, the developers get none.
This person who bought it lends to a friend: free
And so on....

A disc based game has a very long lifespan and the only money developers make is from the original buyer. Eventually, more than 10 people have technically played the game for free.

No weather, day/night cycles or Auction Houses for Forza 5?
http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1279568

from neogaf

All confirmed tonight on Twitch by Dan.

Paints and tunes can still be created, traded and used, but painters and tuners are now paid according to usage, not on an initial selling price (which is now effectively at no cost to the purchaser).
There will still be a way to search for community-created tunes and liveries, but not by using the current Storefront system.
It seems like the Auction House has been completely removed because community tunes and liveries are now free to buy, with the game 'paying' the creators based on how much their creations are used by other players.
The game will 'learn' what kind of paints you like and will direct them to you, make suggestions etc.
It was suggested that Drivatar cars (ie AI) will use community paints/liveries.

Oh, and Dan was unsure about existing wheel support, said he wasn't the best man to ask.

Disappointing news about weather and night, but kudos to Turn 10 for being up front about it now.

Edit: not sure how true this is, but it was hinted by Dan that all material shaders used in the game can be used to paint the car, eg full brushed aluminium finish, full carbon finish. Maybe leather cars? Sounds daft.

Edit 2: ALL cars are Autovista now. This possibly/probably means a vastly reduced car roster from FM4.

No weather, day/night cycles or Auction Houses for Forza 5?
http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1279568

from neogaf

All confirmed tonight on Twitch by Dan.

Paints and tunes can still be created, traded and used, but painters and tuners are now paid according to usage, not on an initial selling price (which is now effectively at no cost to the purchaser).
There will still be a way to search for community-created tunes and liveries, but not by using the current Storefront system.
It seems like the Auction House has been completely removed because community tunes and liveries are now free to buy, with the game 'paying' the creators based on how much their creations are used by other players.
The game will 'learn' what kind of paints you like and will direct them to you, make suggestions etc.
It was suggested that Drivatar cars (ie AI) will use community paints/liveries.

Oh, and Dan was unsure about existing wheel support, said he wasn't the best man to ask.

Disappointing news about weather and night, but kudos to Turn 10 for being up front about it now.

Edit: not sure how true this is, but it was hinted by Dan that all material shaders used in the game can be used to paint the car, eg full brushed aluminium finish, full carbon finish. Maybe leather cars? Sounds daft.

Edit 2: ALL cars are Autovista now. This possibly/probably means a vastly reduced car roster from FM4.

i dont know. The forza guy was on with Sessler yesterday and he said that there are hundreds of cars, and they all have that feature

Last edited:
Xbox one controller feels a bit smaller then the 360 controller, also the sticks are a bit smaller...D pad Improved but still dodo comparing to Sony/Nintendo D-Pad...overall very solid

Ryse - was not impressed ...doesn't really look that much next gen to me

Xbox one controller feels a bit smaller then the 360 controller, also the sticks are a bit smaller...D pad Improved but still dodo comparing to Sony/Nintendo D-Pad...overall very solid

After watching the video a few times I'm no longer really impressed either. It's something's they have to fix. Good thing they got the cloud :pimp:

Does the controller have the same feel as the 360's?

Like...does it feel like you can game for a couple hours comfortably?

Ryse's combat looks "meh", I dunno what they hell is going on with the camera, and the animations look really choppy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom