Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

i just read that the APU is on 40nm

are these guys ******g serious?
indifferent.gif

no way
mean.gif

Last edited:
MS didn't reveal the specs for the One but from the devkits leaked, the PS4 is more powerful but I'm sure the One will have more TV features
Ok all I care about is the gaming.  I could careless about the rest.
We still debating the 360 and PS3 on those subjects. No way we'll know this after a couple press releases.
I thought the Xbox 360 ran more smoothly and the graphics were a bit better.   I asked the question though because I want to know if one was expected to be a lot better then the other.  

I guess what I can add from this image is:

-Runs on the latest WinRT framework as well as interfaces with Windows Phone Runtime
-DDR3 ram
-GPU is clocking at 800 Mhz
-CPU is a 1.6 Ghz clock, 8 cores was already announced
-There's been a discrepancy as there has been 4MB and 8MB cache but the latest kits have 4MB
-SATA 2.0 drive
SO SPEC ARE WEAKER THEN THE PS4? 

After going tru 3 360 due to rrod , disk drive failure and being ban from Xbox live I am not getting this until a year later after release date. If its over $800 and they have ******** rules with live, then Microsoft can kiss my ***, I am switching to PS4

Weaker, but the PS3 was VASTLY more powerful than the Xbox 360, and that never ended up mattering much. I heard a statistic on NPR yesterday that more people connect to Xbox Live for multimedia use than to play multiplayer games, so clearly Microsoft knew what they were doing with the press conference. Ornery forum posters are not the general population.

Xbox One Is Not Always Online, But Seems To Restrict Used Games

The next Xbox won't require an Internet connection to function, but could very well block used games, unless you feel like paying Microsoft some extra cash.

Wired got a look at Xbox One before today's big reveal, and they say that games will require installation to use. “On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play,” Microsoft told them.

But games will be tied to an Xbox Live account, Wired reveals—or else you'd just be able to pass games around to everyone you know. And if you want to link a game to a second account, you'll have to pay a fee:

What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

But what if a second person simply wanted to put the disc in and play the game without installing – and without paying extra? In other words, what happens to our traditional concept of a “used game”? This is a question for which Microsoft did not yet have an answer, and is surely something that game buyers (as well as renters and lenders) will want to know.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

After going tru 3 360 due to rrod , disk drive failure and being ban from Xbox live I am not getting this until a year later after release date. If its over $800 and they have ******** rules with live, then Microsoft can kiss my ***, I am switching to PS4

It's not going to cost $800. It's not going to cost $700. It's not going to cost $600.

Weaker, but the PS3 was VASTLY more powerful than the Xbox 360, and that never ended up mattering much. I heard a statistic on NPR yesterday that more people connect to Xbox Live for multimedia use than to play multiplayer games, so clearly Microsoft knew what they were doing with the press conference. Ornery forum posters are not the general population.

PS3 was more powerful but not vastly. It had a weaker GPU and split RAM pool which hampered it. That's why games certain games perform better on the 360.

If the One specs are the same as the leaks then there would be a bigger difference between the 2 than this gen

It's not going to cost $800 :lol:
My guess is $399 for the cheapest model but Kinect is packed in so may be more.

Last edited:

Xbox One Is Not Always Online, But Seems To Restrict Used Games

The next Xbox won't require an Internet connection to function, but could very well block used games, unless you feel like paying Microsoft some extra cash.

Wired got a look at Xbox One before today's big reveal, and they say that games will require installation to use. “On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play,” Microsoft told them.

But games will be tied to an Xbox Live account, Wired reveals—or else you'd just be able to pass games around to everyone you know. And if you want to link a game to a second account, you'll have to pay a fee:

What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the But what if a second person simply wanted to put the disc in and play the game without installing – and without paying extra? In other words, what happens to our traditional concept of a “used game”? This is a question for which Microsoft did not yet have an answer, and is surely something that game buyers (as well as renters and lenders) will want to know.want to know.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987
exactly what i want to know. man they already getting money for the console u want extra money if i let someone borrow my game????

Yea, ya'll act like if Sony actually had a PS4 to demo at their conference that it wouldnt be the same exact thing basically. This isnt for the games (I was hoping for a little more but E3 is right around the corner, im not sweatin it too much)

You gotta show the **** that puts your console above the other one. And showing games being developed for both consoles isnt going to swing anyone one way or another.

Sony showed a lot more exclusives

The only one that looked promising was Watch Dogs. And even that was basically just GTA. But at the same time they didnt even have a console reveal. I still dont know what the ps4 is going to look like. I just know what the controller will look like (and even thats not great)

Watch Dogs isn't an exclusive.

The Xbox One won't play any existing Xbox 360 games, said Microsoft's Marc Whitten in an interview with The Verge.

The lack of backward compatibility results from the new console's hardware architecture, which is a significant departure from that of the Xbox 360. "The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective," said Whitten, corporate vice president of Xbox Live.

The Xbox 360 does support certain original Xbox games through software emulation — more than 450 titles, almost half the console's library — although backward compatibility can be spotty, depending on the game in question.

Sony's PlayStation 4 is in the same situation as the next Xbox — it won't natively support PlayStation 3 games, because the upcoming system's AMD-made "Jaguar" x86 processor is too different from the PS3's Cell processor. Sony hopes to make back catalog games available on the PS4 through streaming and emulation.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4349698/xbox-one-not-backward-compatible-xbox-360

NO USED GAMES FOR XBOX ONE 

Back
Top Bottom