Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

With E3 20 days away, the lack of games today wasn't so bad, but they could have at least showed actual gameplay of something. It was all cut scenes.

From wired just posted at 1:30 pm:

There’s one feature of Xbox One from which we can infer quite a few conclusions: You can install any game from the disc to the console’s hard drive, and then play that game whenever you like without having to put the disc in.

Wired asked Microsoft if installation would be mandatory. “On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play,” the company responded in an emailed statement. Sounds mandatory to us.

What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

I really don't think exclusives are what drive console demand anymore. The average person isn't buying an XBOX for Forza or a PS4 for Killzone, and the people who care that much about exclusives almost always end up buying both consoles eventually. 

I dunno. GT5 sold over 10 million and Halo 4 sold 4 million in it's first month and is still in charts everywhere.

That's a lot for games on one platform. I say exclusives still matter

Only exclusives now are first party. Sony has a lot more first party games but MS sells more with just Halo. So its a toss up

Let's be real here....if this thing costs about 800 (which I think it will) are you gonna buy it?

S*** when I was in high school maybe. And I mean 9th or 10th grade. Maybe....But now??
grin.gif

I absolutely love video games, don't get me wrong, but now that I'm in college it just seems rediculous to drop that much for even a sick toy like this.

"When Christmas comes around and your kid screams "I want the XBOX ONE" get them the original xbox and say that was the first one"

Let's be real here....if this thing costs about 800 (which I think it will) are you gonna buy it?

S*** when I was in high school maybe. And I mean 9th or 10th grade. Maybe....But now??
grin.gif

I absolutely love video games, don't get me wrong, but now that I'm in college it just seems rediculous to drop that much for even a sick toy like this.
This is exactly why they spent so much time focusing on things besides games.

I really don't think exclusives are what drive console demand anymore. The average person isn't buying an XBOX for Forza or a PS4 for Killzone, and the people who care that much about exclusives almost always end up buying both consoles eventually. 

I dunno. GT5 sold over 10 million and Halo 4 sold 4 million in it's first month and is still in charts everywhere.

That's a lot for games on one platform. I say exclusives still matter

Only exclusives now are first party. Sony has a lot more first party games but MS sells more with just Halo. So its a toss up
solid snake would like to disagree

S*** when I was in high school maybe. And I mean 9th or 10th grade. Maybe....But now?? >D

This is exactly why they spent so much time focusing on things besides games.

I mean really the Xbox One wants to be my laptop.

S*** when I was in high school maybe. And I mean 9th or 10th grade. Maybe....But now?? >D

It's not going to cost anywhere near $800. Pretty sure the PS3 $599 debacle taught everyone a lesson on console price. :lol:

No more than $499.

From wired just posted at 1:30 pm:

There’s one feature of Xbox One from which we can infer quite a few conclusions: You can install any game from the disc to the console’s hard drive, and then play that game whenever you like without having to put the disc in.

Wired asked Microsoft if installation would be mandatory. “On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play,” the company responded in an emailed statement. Sounds mandatory to us.

What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.
This is intriguing. Might take the hit out of the $100 price tags for games that seems to be looming if the PS4 price leaks were right after their conference. If you and your boys could go in on a game and then just each pay the fee (as long as it isnt the same as buying the game new) $100 for a game isnt so bad.

Back
Top Bottom