News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Disney to Film Marvel Netflix Series in NYC as Part of Massive New Production Deal

The ambitious multi-character superhero, multi-series endeavor will include nearly 60 one-hour TV episodes

New York City is an important center of the Marvel Universe, and a deal between parent company Disney and the State of New York will make the city the hub of the company’s ambitious new Netflix series.

Disney CEO Bob Iger and Governor Andrew Cuomo announced in Times Square on Wednesday that the state has carved out tax incentives valued at around $4 million to accommodate the needs of the massive multi-character series, which should consist of at minimum nearly 60 hour-long TV episodes.

There will be 13 episodes devoted to each of the four main characters — Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist — plus a four-to-eight episode mini-series centered on “The Defenders” team that will wrap it all together.

“Since 2008 Disney has directly contributed almost half a billion dollars to New York’s economy through television and film production, along with approximately 9,000 jobs for New Yorkers,” Iger said. “The Governor’s policies make this great state a more affordable and attractive location, opening the door for even greater economic investment and job creation for New Yorkers. Our Marvel series for Netflix will inject millions directly into the local economy and create hundreds of new jobs.”

According to the state’s release, the series should create at least 3,000 jobs, including 400 full-time jobs. The governor’s office estimates that production in New York State this year should generate $2.11 billion in spending, while companies recoup $477 million.

The deal was first announced in November. will feature comic book heroes. The Daredevil series will be written by “Cabin in the Woods” director Drew Goddard, who is a disciple of Joss Whedon, the “Avengers” director and one of the hands helping guide Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige navigate what is becoming an increasingly massive and tangled universe.

Never thought of Sif turning in to the Enchantress, might be cool still would prefer her as two different ppl though. No need to go love triangle (or square) on this.

I was getting confused about the talk of Sif turning into Enchantress. I'm guessing Loki would be the one who gives her powers?
That would be the route. Probably Loki posing as Odin.
No sense in any love triangle. Glad they arent trying that **** in thor. Dont know why they are going that route in TWS
What love triangle is there in TWS?

:nerd:

Last edited:
Never thought of Sif turning in to the Enchantress, might be cool still would prefer her as two different ppl though. No need to go love triangle (or square) on this.

I was getting confused about the talk of Sif turning into Enchantress. I'm guessing Loki would be the one who gives her powers?
That would be the route. Probably Loki posing as Odin.
No sense in any love triangle. Glad they arent trying that **** in thor. Dont know why they are going that route in TWS
What love triangle is there in TWS?

:nerd:

Thor x Jane and.....

Mjolnir

TWS = The Winter Soldier so obviously it is between Rogers, Barnes and Wilson. That jungle fever!

Nvm. Not a triangle. I was tired when i wrote that but no love stories need to exist between lead characters. Such ciche ********. ****** up that people eat that ******ed **** up.

Anyone who believes in **** like that needs to stop going to the movies. Hopefully there will make better ones for the rest of us. Only thing that pisses me off more is "happily ever after"

Last edited:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/2...de-vii-eyes-adam-driver-for-lead-villain-role

Adam Driver ("Girls," Inside Llewyn Davis) is in final talks to play the villain in J.J. Abrams' upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII! Variety has the news, claiming that Driver will play the film's chief antagonist and that the role is similar to that of Darth Vader in the original trilogy. The trade reports that Michael Fassbender and Hugo Weaving were also being heavily eyed for the same unnamed part, but that Driver was ultimately Abrams' top choice and negotiations are now underway to make it official. Driver, a former Marine and a Julliard grad, also recently appeared on the big screen in projects like Steven Spielberg's Lincoln and Noah Baumbach's Frances Ha. Scripted by J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan, Star Wars: Episode VII is rumored to focus on a new generation of heroes and could include appearances by Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford in older incarnations of their beloved characters from the original Star Wars trilogy. The film is expected to begin shortly and will hit theaters on December 18, 2015.

Meh

Last edited:
Took my little sister to see the Lego movie. It was a decent movie if you are open minded. I thought the ending was cool. Not sure where the toy story comparisons are coming from. Only toy story 2 is comparable imo. Even then i am not sure which is better.

Sad that this is the first silver screen appearance of the justice league. Will likely be better than BvS or JL.

The First Avenger was good contrary to most opinions here. Don't think Red Skull is dead, simply transported to another realm. Agent Carter :evil:

The 1st Cap is up there with IM1 as the 2 best movies from phase 1 for me. The movie had a bit of everything. The way it ended for Red skull was rather ambiguous so I'm expecting him to be alive,just probably on another world. Wonder if they'll elaborate a bit about his current whereabouts in TWS.

i thought Cap1 was boring the first time i saw it.

Thought Thor1 was underwhelming the first time i saw it, but it was a good effort. it seemed short. i keep comparing his movies to commericals.

the more i watch Thor2 the more it seems so IMCOMPLETE

almost like Marvel told the director that the movie absolutely had to be less than 2 hours.

esp with Malekith........they never delved into exactly why the Elves wanted to turn all the lights back out.

does the light hurt them? make them uncomfortable? how does this inconvenience them exactly. cuz they seem fine to me?

Malekiths death as confusing to me. it took me about 3 viewings to realize that he became A GIANT right before Thor hit him with his hammer for the last time.

just never noticed it before, but i did wonder why the teleporter rod device seemed like a toothpick in malekiths hand when he caught it.

it seemed like Thor hit him with the hammer so hard that the Aether came outta Malekith. why Thor aint hit him that hard before?

i kinda wanna know more about Ian. how did that random *** dude get that random *** role.
laugh.gif

but somehow i still love this movie, its my current go to movie when i just want something to stare at (pacific rim was the previous winner)

Forget about Ian :lol: dude is a waste of space and just a sidekick of a sidekick. AGain, just an unnecessary comedy relief.

Last edited:
There are some things why I don't get why people need an explanation for. Thor 2 could've used all the scenes they deleted for sure.

Why would Dark Elves want to bring the world back into darkness is like answering why would fish want to live underwater. Or better yet why do anphibians want to live in water. They do just well in land.

When did he have to opportunity to hit him that hard before? He flew full charge towards him when they were in Svartleheim and it didnt work.

Last edited:
There are some things why I don't get why people need an explanation for. Thor 2 could've used all the scenes they deleted for sure.

Why would Dark Elves want to bring the world back into darkness is like answering why would fish want to live underwater. Or better yet why do anphibians want to live in water. They do just well in land.

When did he have to opportunity to hit him that hard before? He flew full charge towards him when they were in Svartleheim and it didnt work.
i get all of that.  just like somebody else said "think about it, if YOU woke up and the earth was completely dark, and you had the power to turn it back, wouldnt you"

yea i get it, but as far as film structure/film execution, in a movie, it came off kinda weak, when you KNOW there easily could have been more.

it just left me wanting more.

The problem is as good as Marvel have been, they really only have one memorable villain and that is Loki. You really didn't care much for Red Skull and they didn't even bother to give you a chance to give a damn about Malekith. Do I even have to say anything about Mandarin? They butchered the Extremis on the villain too. Whiplash was wasted too and Justin Hammer, who was somewhat likable and funny gets no screen time or cameo in IM3 and I do not see them having any plans for him in the future.

They really need more interesting villains or give them time to shine like Loki.

I guess its just me but if they kept all them deleted scenes that movie would've been borderline flawless. Not letting Loki out to see his mom tho :smh:

Last edited:
Egon was my favorite Ghostbuster...If Murray still isn't interested in this film, they might as well stop trying to do a third one. A Ghostbusters without Spengler and Venkman? Easy pass...Sorry Dan Akroyd.

As for the villains argument I thought Obadiah was very memorable. Casting the big lebowski for that role :smokin
Besides, that is how comics are. When you see ultron, malekith, almost every single spidey villain, etc you know the story aint going to be memorable.

Back
Top Bottom