NEW YORK METS 2016 SEASON THREAD

As ****** as Familia was, Terry should have never brought him out in that spot. He should know better. I place a lot of blame on Terry for that one. Maybe let Reed go a bit longer or bring out Colon. Thor did his job, Terry had to make the right moves after.

Last edited:
You bring your closer out on the 9th inning in a tie game at home, always.

Familia needs to not walk hitters and get the job done, he almost walked Pagan when he was trying to give him a free out.

Get it done when it matters most, Familia hasn't been doing it the past two seasons.

I dont fault terry for bringing in Familia. I only blame him for placing too much faith in familia

The blame is on Familia period. He completely stunk it up

How do you not bring in your closer, you go with what got you there. If he's shaky then he shouldn't be on the post season roster.

They have to perform, and he didn't. Neither did the offense.

Familia is only useful with a lead
Agree.

If we had all our starters or at least 1 to 2 of the ones injured, then we could've thrown Colon or one of them in for relief... We were maimed the entire season...

Truthfully, while watching the game and analyzing - Even if we got passed the Ginats, I honestly didn't see us winning more than 1 game against the Cubs. Mayben 2 if we're on point.
i think the mets would've beaten the cubs

not here to bash familia cause hes been pretty good for the mets, but with that being said if they are serious about winning a chip in the next few years they have to look at the closer position. Two straight years of blowing games in the post season is all the proof we need.

I am certain most of us know that Giants were favored to win when Madison is on the mound. This guy Madison is a legend in the postseasons. And yet we still believed in our team

At the same time, it damned hurts

I really wanted to blame it on Collins for using Familia but most managers would go with their best reliever in the 9th inning in a tie game

Our offense was horrible at the beginning

Madison had what... 24 PC after fourth inning? :x

Proud of our young bright pitcher, Noah

Harvey has to accept the fact that Noah is our present and future ace

Proud of our team that we made it all the way to Wild Card without key players

Jay Bruce - what an embarrassing... Madison gave him meatballs :stoneface:

Hoped Yoenis proved everybody wrong that he can be a deadly hitter in the postseasons

Wilpons, for our sake, upgrade medical department

Alderson, please find a first class third base coach

Last edited:
Anthony DiComoVerified account ‏@AnthonyDiComo 57m57 minutes ago
The #Mets have still never had a champagne celebration at Citi Field. The Royals and now Giants have. Mets celebrated in CIN, LA, CHC, PHI.

Oh geez

Michael BaronVerified account ‏@michaelgbaron 12m12 minutes ago Mount Vernon, NY
It is worth mentioning the #Mets basically have a month of exclusive negotiating rights with Yoenis Cespedes now. They should use it wisely.

Yoenis didn't bat well in the postseasons, but I'll still take my chance on him

Mets got IN, all I could ask for, not even upset at the L.

Noah pitched a hell of a game, and they were over matched by one of the best post season pitchers in history

Mets need to open their wallets for next season with the pitching coming back, goal is the division

Last edited:
Thor did not let us down, and as mad as I am at Familia, he had an incredible season.

The bats did not come alive like I had hoped, but I think the guys can walk away with their heads up, knowing that they got as far as they did even when everyone counted them out.

Fingers crossed that the pitching staff can remain healthy next season and talk us on a real ride.

Props to Mad Bum for pitching another postseason gem, but...Let's Go Cubbies!

Tough pill to swallow, but extremely proud of Thor pitching his *** off last night. As Mez mentioned tho we need our cheapskate owner to get some hitting for us and not be afraid to open up the wallet.

I thought the bad calls went both ways so not so mad. Thought familia, putting himself in these situations throughout the season, had enough experience to get out of it hahaha. Caught up to him though. He just can't throw strikes in pressure situations.

Wish cespedes hadn't gone blonde. That killed us. But Def has to be re signed

Sign Cespedes and trade for Votto/Goldschmidt or a real, legitimate power bat.

Next year is the last chance with the core imo

Tough pill to swallow, but extremely proud of Thor pitching his *** off last night. As Mez mentioned tho we need our cheapskate owner to get some hitting for us and not be afraid to open up the wallet.

Im cool with TJ Rivera as our starting 2nd baseman. He showed he can perform. He's younger, cheaper and doesnt have a back issue like Neil Walker. Let walker go, and put some of that cash towards a hitter.

MadBum made Cespedes look foolish at the plate.

Bruce was being......bruce. He apparently cant handle playing in NY.

Grandersons catch in center field man :x :smokin

From Jayson Stark:
Jeurys Familia faced 321 hitters this season and allowed 1 home run (to Wil Myers on Aug. 13). Took him 4 hitters to allow one to Gillaspie

Reading that, it makes it hard to hate Familia. But man, talk about bad timing.

And 1 more gem from espn.....
$785,992: What the Mets paid Jose Reyes & Noah Syndergaard combined this season. $1,193,248: What the Mets paid Bobby Bonilla this season.

I agree , let's take a chance with TJ and use the money to try to sign Ces back. Let's resign Johnson, Bart, Blevins , and maybe Loney?

Hopefully Nimmo and Conforto can get playing time.

Back
Top Bottom