[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Putz needs surgery out 10 weeks. Looks like he might as well be done for the year. This sucks. Who gets the call up? Kunz? Figgy?

I knew dude was hurt, why I knew this before the Mets doesn't shock me.

Gotta call up Figgy I guess, the season is slowly heading down the tank and the schedule becomes brutal after this weekend.

Well, all I know is that Stokes will have a bigger role with this team and its about DAMN TIME. I wouldn't be shocked if Jerry decides to not use him forsome reason though.

I also wouldn't be shocked if the Mets perform surgury on Put'z wrong arm.
indifferent.gif

Im still not ready to give up on the season and I believe Delgado will be back by August. Reyes on the otherhand though...

Fernando Nieve was called up for Putz being put on the DL

Time to see the mets work with what they have and try to save this season.

it is still early but it does not look good right now. Things could get better.

Kinda unrelated question. Does anyone know who to call or how to go about putting a message on the jumbotron in citi field. Its me and my girl'sanniversary next tuesday and we are going to the Mets/Phillies game and i wanna put a message up there for her.

Stokes will prob get stuck throwing bullpen sessions and Sean Green will get the 7th inning. Never heard of this Nieve kid. He any decent?

Nieve was decent in AAA, can throw some 96-98mph heat but has a bad BB/K ratio (23K's to 10 BB)

He can strike people out though, prob better than Redding though.

Kinda unrelated question. Does anyone know who to call or how to go about putting a message on the jumbotron in citi field. Its me and my girl's anniversary next tuesday and we are going to the Mets/Phillies game and i wanna put a message up there for her.

Check the Mets website, I'm sure they have some phone numbers on there. Just speak to anyone at Citi Field I guess.

What y'all think of Jack Wilson as a stopgap at SS? He should be pretty cheap to get and he's a decent hitter. Much better than Valdez, Martinez andwhoever else the Mets have.

I'd love Freddy Sanchez but that's gonna be expensive.

2nd and 3rd, no outs = zero runs =
indifferent.gif

Anyway:

1. I agree with the idea to be "sellers"

2. "I doubt it would happen because that would mean empty seats at a new stadium, not a good look". Either way, the stadium won't be atfull capacity. If we sell, it means we're giving up on the season and less people will show for games. If we make stand pat, we STILL will have lower thannormal attendance b/c let's face it, no one is exactly rushing out to see these minor league lineups we've been trotting out lately.

3. I agree with bringing in a new something. Whether it's a new manager or a new GM or a new BOTH, I'm all for it.

I want a new manager regardless of the season's outcome. Never wanted Jerry hired to begin with. My theory was if you were gonna fire Willie and Petersenyou might as well go all the way and clean out everybody and start fresh with new faces.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I want a new manager regardless of the season's outcome. Never wanted Jerry hired to begin with. My theory was if you were gonna fire Willie and Petersen you might as well go all the way and clean out everybody and start fresh with new faces.
You know who I think I might like here?

Ozzie Guillen.

And he might be available by the end of the season too.
laugh.gif

But a guy like Ozzie I think would light a fire under Jose's @$!.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I want a new manager regardless of the season's outcome. Never wanted Jerry hired to begin with. My theory was if you were gonna fire Willie and Petersen you might as well go all the way and clean out everybody and start fresh with new faces.

Ozzie Guillen.

laugh.gif

I hate Ozzie with a passion, but I'd love a fiery manager. That's what this team really needs.

Ozzie Guillen.

laugh.gif

I hate Ozzie with a passion, but I'd love a fiery manager. That's what this team really needs.
Man u hate alot of things and people
laugh.gif

I'm not giving up on this season yet. What the team needs is a big bat in the lineup that can be acquired without getting rid of F-Mart. 5 games over .500with the product we have put on the field lately is not bad at all. Next week with the Phils and Yanks, it should be tough, but who knows. Time will tell.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Ozzie Guillen.

laugh.gif

Man u hate alot of things and people
laugh.gif
Truer words have never been spoken
laugh.gif

Not watching today too nice out.

I'm amazed the Mets have a -5 record during this stretch without everyone, but that's because of the level of competition.

The rest o the month won't be friendly.

Back
Top Bottom