[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

roll.gif
laugh.gif
@ The Met fan getting sonned right there.

Thinking about it, I'm glad we are stuggling right now. Going off the past two year we have came out playing well in April only to collapse in September.Maybe this year will be the other way around.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Thinking about it, I'm glad we are stuggling right now. Going off the past two year we have came out playing well in April only to collapse in September. Maybe this year will be the other way around.
Last year we said we didn't care how we started as long as we finish strong. Look where that got us. I'm worried because I'm not soldon this starting pitching.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Mets about to get beat by their old pen.
tired.gif

[start rant]
Everything from the !#$!%$ crowd atmosphere to the domino's pizza patch to this bleh stadium to the shoddy fielding to the weak pitching to all tri-stateteams Knicks, Nets, Mets, Yanks struggling to the horrible chemistry between Carlin and Ojeda on the pre & postgame show to Mr Let's Fire 7000 MoreCity Workers Bloomberg getting a souvenir to the sucky new Homerun Apple... I'm in a pissy mood right now.
Only positive... the ONLY positive was Wright's homerun.
And an Erin Andrews appearance at the park.
eyes.gif

[end rant]

^the uninspired Dominos pizza patch has had me smh all night. The Mets are still the Mets..opening the new stadium the same way they closed the old one..didntexpect anything more..
smh.gif

Same *%!+ as last year. Cant score a damn run after the 6th inning.

IMO, the lineup in not used to its full potential.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I was with you Shuges until the Erin Andrews comment.

I love her.

I do too.

The face I made was just because she wasn't a Met related highlight.
laugh.gif

Mez, you viewing from your phone? I hope not.........................

cubs-black-cat.jpg

And that was at Shea...just saying (I know, I know, it "cursed" the Cubs, not you guys).

Those pics are gorgeous.

Mets just need to play more solid defensively, you'd never expect Church to make a mistake like that but you don't know how the winds are there yet.

All of these games that they lost they were in a position to win, many miscues (dropped ball, balk, Reyes over-sliding at 2nd, etc).......they just need toplay better fundies and they'll be straight if they want to start winning some games.

I can't complain about RISP because they knocked some runs in yesterday (except for that bases loaded at bat).

I hope Maine does well since its his 1st "cold" weather start since surgery, his velocity won't be the same as it was in Florida.

Mets Farm Report: Martinez Goes 2-For-4 With Homer
14th April, 2009 - 11:13 am
Christopher Reina/RealGM - Fernando Martinez went 2-for-4 with a homer and a double in a Triple-A game on Monday. Martinez's two outs came via strikeouts.

Martinez, the Mets' top prospect, now has an OPS of .998 through his first 20 at bats of the 2009 minor league season.

Sheffield Will Start For Mets On Wednesday
14th April, 2009 - 10:34 am
New York Times - Gary Sheffield is scheduled to start over Ryan Church in right field for the Mets on Wednesday against the Padres.

Sheffield didn't play in the outfield this spring for Detroit because he was slotted to bat as the designated hitter.

"You can practice, practice, practice, but eventually you have to play," Mets manager Jerry Manuel said before Monday's game. "You have to get on the field. I do think that at this point, with him not playing a couple years in right field or any outfield, that we almost have to take it like a spring training deal.

"We have to put him out here, we have to watch him play. And if there's a chance for us to defend for him later, we'll do that.

Strawberry: Playing In L.A. Was 'Boring' Compared To New York
13th April, 2009 - 7:30 pm
Los Angeles Times - Darryl Strawberry has a new book coming out and he called coming home to play for the Dodgers a mistake.

"On the professional level, playing in L.A. was a huge letdown after a decade in New York," he wrote. "The sports atmosphere in New York was insane and intense and that was what I was used to. Lunatic fans screaming at you when you lost and tearing the joint up when you won. In Dodger Stadium, fans were much more, you know, Californian. Laid back. Drifted into the park late, filtered out early. They had no fire, no passion. When you got a hit, they gave you a smattering of polite applause. When you struck out, they were like, 'Oh, bummer, man. Better luck next time.'

"It was, to be honest, boring...''

Back
Top Bottom