NEW PICK UP

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

I approve, but that thing should be on a wall.

laugh.gif
Apartment.

Do you guys think the stands with the pole on the back to hold the TV up is cheesy? I was hoping to get this as my next pick up....

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
0004297611550_500X500.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]How about that one. Its pretty high ($439 at walmart). They have a black one two and the post that holds the TV swivels to adjust to angles.

I am still doin the SD thang. I need to give in, and start off with like a nice 18" HDTV. Anyone know how much those run, or what they start off at?

laugh.gif
Apartment.

Do you guys think the stands with the pole on the back to hold the TV up is cheesy? I was hoping to get this as my next pick up....
You laughin because you have an apartment, but by best friend just moved to an apt in ATL and slapped his 46" Samsung on the wall in his bed. It actually looks pretty good. Before I moved recently I had both of my tvs on the wall and it looks better that way to me. Congrats on the dope pickup. HDTV is a thing of beauty
pimp.gif

Thats the 750 right? Nice television. You'll enjoy it, throw up the artwork on it when the hos is over.

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

I am still doin the SD thang. I need to give in, and start off with like a nice 18" HDTV. Anyone know how much those run, or what they start off at?
Well how much are you looking to spend on a TV?

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

laugh.gif
Apartment.

You laughin because you have an apartment, but by best friend just moved to an apt in ATL and slapped his 46" Samsung on the wall in his bed. It actually looks pretty good. Before I moved recently I had both of my tvs on the wall and it looks better that way to me. Congrats on the dope pickup. HDTV is a thing of beauty
pimp.gif

Well then......... do you know if its hard to do? I mean as far as running the wires behind the wall and all?

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

laugh.gif
Apartment.

pimp.gif

Well then......... do you know if its hard to do? I mean as far as running the wires behind the wall and all?

As far as running the wires behind the wall that requires a professional. He did his where you saw the wires, but it wasn't cluttered like how you may seeelsewhere. As far putting the tv on the wall, you're good with a tape measure, stud finder, and a drill. They also saw organizers that you can stash awayyour wires with.

nice. i dont watch enough tv to justify buying one, but i got friends that have them and they really do make a difference.

It's a bit difficult, but it can be done. Get a stud finder, locate the studs (which should be 16" apart from each other, cut a hole in between thestuds on the wall where the set's gonna be mounted. Cut another hole at the bottom of the wall directly below the first opening(assuming your cable box,DVD, game systems are gonna be on a stand), then snake your wiring through. If the wall is open with no obstructions like insulation, it should drop rightdown. You can try feeding your wiring (HDMI, component, coax) right through; if that doesn't work, drop some string with a small weighted object tied/tapedto the end and feed it down. That doesn't work, get a small wall snake, feed it through, then tape your wires to it and pull it through. However, if youdon't have an electrical outlet up on the wall, you may as well have an electrician do the whole job, since it's advised that you do not run theTV's power cord through the wall.

As far as mounting your TV on your wall, I'd go with a professional. Check with your local BB, I know their geek squad can come to the crib and mount TVs.Also if you live in a apartment, you might want to check with you landlord. I know mine doesn't really care but so long as I keep it reasonable.

Anyways heres some shots of my setups.

This is my current #1. 52 inch 6th Generation Samsung (Leave my small speakers and blank walls alone
laugh.gif
)

32inch 5th Gen Samsung doubling up as my monitor.
pimp.gif

As far as mounting your TV on your wall, I'd go with a professional. Check with your local BB, I know their geek squad can come to the crib and mount TVs. Also if you live in a apartment, you might want to check with you landlord. I know mine doesn't really care but so long as I keep it reasonable.

Anyways heres some shots of my setups.

This is my current #1. 52 inch 6th Generation Samsung (Leave my small speakers and blank walls alone
laugh.gif
)

32inch 5th Gen Samsung doubling up as my monitor.
pimp.gif
sick.gif

Is that an apartment or house? I love the set up.
smokin.gif

Wall mounting sounds like a lot of work.... so if it needs to be on a stud, does that mean my the tv wont be centered with my furniture if the studs are notwhere I want it to be?

Back
Top Bottom