New Orleans Hornets @ Dallas Mavericks Vol: Avoid the Lakers!

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Excuse me? It's the first quarter homie
well, im pretty sure if it is close at all the Mavs will choke in the end so they better build up a lead now. Honestly, I hope the Lakers play the Mavs because every close game will go the the Lakers because Avery Johnson doesn't make good end of game adjustments and they dont have an answer for Kobe.

You sure seem sure of your self man. Why don't you tell me tomorrow's lotto numbers.
eyes.gif
Way to be an unbiased sports fan.
laugh.gif

It's going to be a close game.

You sure seem sure of your self man. Why don't you tell me tomorrow's lotto numbers.
eyes.gif
Way to be an unbiased sports fan.
all fans are bias by nature
laugh.gif
I really dont understand howit I am being bias when I am stating the truth. You guys are horrible in the clutch.

Playoffs start soon enough, I'll keep my trash talking for then.
smile.gif

Let's just be clear in there's only been a few teams who have had the post-season success that the Mavericks have.

1) Lakers, what have they done since Shaq?
2) New Orleans, Playoffs? what's that?
3) San Antonio, experienced team
4) Utah, fresh to the playoffs, but they can win.
5) Rockets, thus far, failure.
6) Suns, they've been good, but never made it to the Finals.
7) Mavericks, Dirk's kept this teams playoff dreams alive for the past 7-8 years, it won't stop this year.
glasses.gif
Nuggets, their kryptonite they may have to face in the Spurs.

I'll take my own opinion on how we do in the Playoffs to yours, the season and the post-season are two different things.

smallmouth_bass.jpg

JET_narrowweb__300x388,0.jpg

sick.gif
!

Let's just be clear in there's only been a few teams who have had the post-season success that the Mavericks have.
ohwell.gif
i think i agree with you on this part, which is why ithink it'll be mostly like PHX/Utah/Dallas coming out the West.
The Lakers are good, but they're not invincible, plus outside of Kobe/Fisher there's no real championship experience-it should take one more yearbefore they get one, IMO. There's the saying that you have to lose in the postseason before u win it all...I think that's still the case here. I likeUtah (even tho they suck on the road) because they have all the ingredients for making a deep run.

Utah can't win on the road so I don't see them getting too far. It depends on who they play though. I think if they play the Rockets, they can win, buta team like the Suns/Spurs they don't have a chance.

Everyone is underestimating New Orleans, and I have to to say I am too. I can't see this team getting that far, but it wouldn't surprise me if theydid. They have talent, but not experience.

San Antonio is my pick to win the championship. Sure, they're not exciting, but they play good basketball that wins them games. They've got experienceand they know what it takes to win on a big stage. Look for them to produce results late in May.

Lakers, I think, are the most exciting team in the playoffs. They traded for Gasol in the middle of the season that gave them an immediate boost in teamproduction and team energy. Kobe is finally happy, and is in the middle of his prime, which is great to see. Ican't wait to see what they can do come this weekend.

The Mavericks, I think, are the wild card this season. A team that went from #1 seed in the playoffs last year, to #7 seed in the playoffs this year, still hasthe potential to upset every seed higher than them. Dirk, Howard, Jet, and JKidd will lead this team to the 2nd round (if they play the Hornets).

Those are just some of my thoughts on the playoff situation. Can't wait 'til Saturday
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

1) Lakers, what have they done since Shaq?
Its not like the Mavs have rebounded real well since their choke job in Miami

roll.gif
at TNT proving my point right after I typed this

laugh.gif
, if you took a poll of knowledgable sports fans whether the Mavericks choked or Miami stole it, it would differ from your opinion.

Also, one bad year after making it to the finals isn't as bad as not doing well in the playoffs for 4-5 straight years. How many times have they gottenpast the second round? Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to play the Lakers, I think they have a good chance of coming out of the West, but tootingyour horn that the Mavericks are not a factor is sorta
nerd.gif

Not all Laker fans are printing tickets to the finals. Just makin sure that's clear.

Very easily we could be upset by Denver. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Dallas knocked us off.

We're just in a lot better position then we have been the last two postseasons.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Not all Laker fans are printing tickets to the finals. Just makin sure that's clear.

Very easily we could be upset by Denver. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Dallas knocked us off.

We're just in a lot better position then we have been the last two postseasons.

Oh believe me man I know, I'm not super confident we (Mavericks will go deep), but we have a chance as good as anyone else's. I also understandthat certain people ruin the whole fanbase, but I see all yall who aren't completely homers, as long as you all know who you are, then I don't have aproblem with yall.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Also, one bad year after making it to the finals isn't as bad as not doing well in the playoffs for 4-5 straight years. How many times have they gotten past the second round? Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to play the Lakers, I think they have a good chance of coming out of the West, but tooting your horn that the Mavericks are not a factor is sorta
nerd.gif

I'm gonna save my trash talking till we know for sure if we're playing the Mavs or Nuggets
laugh.gif
I've got a lot to say
smile.gif
nerd.gif

if you took a poll of knowledgable sports fans whether the Mavericks choked or Miami stole it, it would differ from your opinion.
ill agree, a lot of that series was handed to Miami, but you can't blame it all on the refs.

Very easily we could be upset by Denver. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Dallas knocked us off

this is very true also. I just think the lakers match up well with the Mavs and I like our chances. If we make it to the second round though, that is adifferent story. If we face either the Spurs or Suns without Bynum we could be screwed. I like our odds against the Mavs because they dont have a real insideDefensive threat other than maybe Dampier which is questionable. The mavs are very good dont get me wrong, I just like the way the Lakers match up againstthem.

cp3 better play playing more the 2nd half cuz they need this win...I want the nuggets playing them....I give them a 10% chance against the lakers..and maybe at40% chance against the hornets..

I FR3SH I:
I guess im the only person that thinks the Lakers arent as good as their record
Trelvis Tha Thrilla:
I agree, they are beatable and the team itself is not playoff proven at all.
The lakers are a good team,but they can get knocked off

roll.gif
@ y'all already setting up to say 'I told youso' if the Lakers get upset.

I like how you guys are talking like the Lakers dominated their way to the best record in the West, like upsetting the Lakers would be MONUMENTAL, like theWest hasn't been tight for the last 4 months.

There will be no cakewalks in the West.

Meanwhile, back East, we can just go ahead and advance the top 4 seeds, because they're not getting upset. And if one of them is upset, it would be huge,and people would be surprised.

No sensible person will be surprised if a top seed out West gets knocked off, because everyone has been talking about how competitive the West has been thisyear.

Most laker fans have not said that the Lakers will dominate. Why do you think we want Denver and not Dallas? However, the Lakers are a better than than Dallasand so are a couple of other teams. Those other teams have better chances at making the finals than Dallas. That doesn't mean Dallas does not have a chancebut they are not as good even if it is just by a lil.

Back
Top Bottom