New Laptop Time.

I too am going to buy a macbook within the next couple of weeks.

I could get either the employee 15% discount or just go through best buy and do their 18 month 0% financing. Not sure which to do since if I do the employee discount I have to cough up ALL of the money at once and it really isn't an insane amount I'd be saving where as if I go through best buy I can put 700 down and pay the rest in those 18 months and still have some money left over.

Helo me out fambs, I hate being poor.

I could get either the employee 15% discount or just go through best buy and do their 18 month 0% financing. Not sure which to do since if I do the employee discount I have to cough up ALL of the money at once and it really isn't an insane amount I'd be saving where as if I go through best buy I can put 700 down and pay the rest in those 18 months and still have some money left over.

Pay it all.  To be honest, MacBooks aren't that serious that you should finance one...

Just a heads up best buy is selling most MacBooks 100-200 off (basically apple education pricing) and if you give them your school email you get an extra $100 off of the discounted price (ends Saturday) with that being said I'm going to go pick up 1 this weekend. Is the retina screen that much more impressive then a non retina?

Just a heads up best buy is selling most MacBooks 100-200 off (basically apple education pricing) and if you give them your school email you get an extra $100 off of the discounted price (ends Saturday) with that being said I'm going to go pick up 1 this weekend. Is the retina screen that much more impressive then a non retina?

you got a link to this? If it's true I'll be picking one up this week.

Pay it all.  To be honest, MacBooks aren't that serious that you should finance one...

what do you mean? As sad as it is, it's the biggest purchase I will of had made. Need to be smart with my money and decide what to do.

i got a macbook and never ever looked back lol

im in college too and i use to be an apple hater but...their products are the truth i got a iphone then a macbook shortly after that

what do you mean? As sad as it is, it's the biggest purchase I will of had made. Need to be smart with my money and decide what to do.
If you can pay for it in full then do that, but it's not worth it to finance, just grab a cheaper laptop instead.  The last thing you want is something to come up and you can't make the payment on your laptop because it'll effect your credit score.  You're gonna need a good credit score to finance a house or car, if you plan on going that route...

Think about it... If you finance your laptop over 18 months and something happens, you may still be making payments on something that's broken or needs repairs. Take the $130 you'll save and put it towards the next laptop you buy in 3-4 years.

How so?  What else would you get?  Can you still return the Dell?
well ive gone through two laptops, this is will be my third, in the past 5 years. not too much of a big deal since i always back up my stuff. but everyone tells me that macs are very durable and have longevity 

i supposed i could return the dell and get a mac, but then id need an extra 500 to cover 
ohwell.gif

well ive gone through two laptops, this is will be my third, in the past 5 years. not too much of a big deal since i always back up my stuff. but everyone tells me that macs are very durable and have longevity 

i supposed i could return the dell and get a mac, but then id need an extra 500 to cover :\
an alienware.

If you use excel a lot, dont get a mac.

Why is this? I'm looking to get a new MBP when they refresh hopefully...I use Excel a good amount though. What is the problem with Excel on a mac? I could dual boot with windows & use Excel & be fine right? Idk how all that works completely so correct me if I'm wrong/off base

Excel is horrendously slow on a mac, make sure you have atleast 8 gb ram.

How so?  What else would you get?  Can you still return the Dell?

i supposed i could return the dell and get a mac, but then id need an extra 500 to cover 
ohwell.gif
Macs are great, but I wouldn't say the price justifies what you're going to use it for.  Lenovo and Asus are some brands to check out, they're a bit more affordable and pretty durable as well.  Main things you want to look for are a Core i3 or Core i5 processor, 4 to 8 gb of RAM, and a Solid State Drive.  That'll be able to handle your typical stuff and then some.  The SSD is optional though, it can be expensive and you'll only notice its speed when booting up or loading programs with large libraries, like photoshop or something.

Now, if you decide you want to use your laptop more than your desktop, then I'd say get the Mac because the $500 will pay for itself in the long run...

get a mac.

ive had one for 2 years now and it is great. easy to use. Especially if you have more apple devices. Im now deciding if i should cop an ipad or macbook. i just want it to web surf and something light so i wont have to carry my mac every where i go.

get a mac.
 ive had one for 2 years now and it is great. easy to use. Especially if you have more apple devices. Im now deciding if i should cop an ipad or macbook. i just want it to web surf and something light so i wont have to carry my mac every where i go.
iPad

Why don't you guys put mac money toward dell's, hp's, asus, and the like?

You can't buy a 300 dollar windows Laptop and be surprised that it's crap.

...then spend 1500+ on a macbook pro and compare it to that 300 dollar laptop you just replaced.

Like I said before, business class Dell is what i'd go with. More bang for your buck vs going with a mac.

Last edited:
I'm thinking mac laptop (not a sure which one yet) since my 4 yr old toshiba is dying... and then spend abother $800 ish for a desktop so if I need windows or another os I will have it

get a mac.
iPad

If you're gonna strictly use it at home, get the regular iPad. If you're gonna take it out with you, grab the mini.

I have a regular iPad, and that thing is HUGE. I never take it out the house. It just sits on my coffee table. Will be grabbing a mini once it's refreshed.

I need a laptop also someone send me a link to a Macbook . I don't know much about computers and what programs or stuff I need on the laptop.

Back
Top Bottom