**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

Originally Posted by the coolness

Disgusted I had to buy tickets to this lame's show just so I could catch Kendrick and A$AP Rocky. I'm leaving before this clown starts his set
it'll be ok man 
laugh.gif

Drakes not a bad artist and the females will be open.

I'd stay if I was you 
laugh.gif

your ticket sales already lined his pockets

Disgusted I had to buy tickets to this lame's show just so I could catch Kendrick and A$AP Rocky. I'm leaving before this clown starts his set

Yeah but at the end of the day..............................

u gave that lame money. Drake won.

"I don't think they really ready for my wardrobe. I show up right before the store close, And blow the fee from my four shows."
pimp.gif

I understand that artists evolve musically but there is no doubt in my mind that Room for Improvement and Comeback Season Drake would completely decimate this Young Money Gerber baby food soft Drake.  Drake used to be a beast, but now he spends 90% of his time blushing when Wayne comes around, whining about trying to save chicks that can't be saved, and crying about getting his heart broken.  

The content of his rhymes on Comeback Season >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pretty much anything he's done since.  I SMH everytime I think about what Comeback Season Drake would've done on "Lord Knows."  I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be rhyming about going through chicks cellphones because he can't trust them. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pitiful, this is coming from a former Drake fan. 

there's nothing wrong with a singing, softer side of hip hop.

the problem is the radio over-saturating us with it, and career rappers following closely behind.

I never expected a response. In one of his songs didn't he basically say that he doesn't respond to disses? He's not that type of guy, he knows his lane.

And I was shocked at the revelation that silly putty is op prime.

"To be honest with you, I coined the phrase ‘Dis me, and you’ll never hear a reply for it,’ so for me to go in would be silly. But at the same time, I’m a competitive rapper, so I mean, nobody could ever take a direct shot at me, say my name or do a full song about me, and I sit idly by and take it. Unless it was wack, then I’d just be like, ‘You sound stupid,’ but if it was somebody with bars? I’m going back for sure"
http://www.villagevoice.com/2011-11-09/music/mark-drake-s-words/

Originally Posted by ninjahood

drake doin da exact same thing he was rappin about how other rappers were doin......... 
laugh.gif

That's cause he's FRAUD status, just look at the crew he rolls with.  FRAUDS of a feather flock together.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

the problem is the radio over-saturating us with it, and career rappers following closely behind.

Exactly. There's no balance in hip hop right now, and it's been like that for awhile. People keep saying stuff like "bu bu but hip hop is evolving". Nope, it's
devolving and being over-saturated with the same stuff.

And as far as Drake's lack of response, 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I love people posting Drake's lyrics exposing the type of fraud he is, classic
laugh.gif

sheeeit drake is duck butter, that's all. common is consistent and has classic albums. Drake is the here and now. Wont go down as one of the best ever, hes a fad.

Originally Posted by aepps20

I understand that artists evolve musically but there is no doubt in my mind that Room for Improvement and Comeback Season Drake would completely decimate this Young Money Gerber baby food soft Drake.  Drake used to be a beast, but now he spends 90% of his time blushing when Wayne comes around, whining about trying to save chicks that can't be saved, and crying about getting his heart broken.  

The content of his rhymes on Comeback Season >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pretty much anything he's done since.  I SMH everytime I think about what Comeback Season Drake would've done on "Lord Knows."  I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be rhyming about going through chicks cellphones because he can't trust them. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
All things considered, this is what it feels like to witness your underground pick evolve into the crowd favorite.
Its pretty frustrating.

Well I don't think anyone really expected Drake to respond.

Now that we know he won't lets ask some follow-up questions 
laugh.gif

1. Since Common is the crowd favorite, it seems, what could Drake have done to have gained the respect of the opposing and neutral crowds? 

2. Is there anything he could have done?

3. Was it a lost battle as soon as he was made a target?

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by aepps20

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
All things considered, this is what it feels like to witness your underground pick evolve into the crowd favorite.
Its pretty frustrating.

Well I don't think anyone really expected Drake to respond.

Now that we know he won't lets ask some follow-up questions 
laugh.gif
mad.gif

1. Since Common is the crowd favorite, it seems, what could Drake have done to have gained the respect of the opposing and neutral crowds? 

2. Is there anything he could have done?

3. Was it a lost battle as soon as he was made a target?
I think a lot of heads were waiting for someone to go at Drake, and yes, he was an easy target considering his current status and lyrical content. That being said, if Drake completely went after Common with a response that would make Erykah Badu giggle he would've won. Common's joint was direct but he left the door open. If Drake talked about how Common's career was saved by Kanye or how he spends too much time acting and not enough time rhyming, and most importantly spit a line like "You used to love her but I got her naked after one album" in reference to hip hop and Serena Williams we would've had action. 
roll.gif
I'm a fan of Common so I know he has some chinks in his armor and Comeback Season Drizzy was a problem but he's as soft as a baby's bottom now...I say all that to say that this battle could go either way if they gave it a few hard rounds. 

i won't be suprised if Drake waits for a feature on one of his allies albums to drop a diss, probably Rick Ross' album if it ever drops soon. he might be waiting it out.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Yeah but at the end of the day..............................

u gave that lame money. Drake won.

"I don't think they really ready for my wardrobe. I show up right before the store close, And blow the fee from my four shows."
pimp.gif
YEAH BUT...BUT...but... @#@% it i'm still leaving early
mad.gif
. I'll probably be sober by then anyway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Exactly. There's no balance in hip hop right now, and it's been like that for awhile. People keep saying stuff like "bu bu but hip hop is evolving". Nope, it's
devolving and being over-saturated with the same stuff.

And as far as Drake's lack of response, 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I love people posting Drake's lyrics exposing the type of fraud he is, classic
laugh.gif

This. I don't care he sings or whatever the subject matter. Look at Lauryn Hill, she sang and rapped. Go back even to LL who raps about mushy stuff. It is Drake's marketing and oversaturation of his generic fakeness that he has become it and all of that to to appease to the mainstream. He is like the Britney Spears of hip hop to me right now. Ok, Drake has talent over Britney, but I am talking about the level of generic marketing image and the hype that people are eating up, he has become bubble gum. I think if he stuck to his roots and evolved differently, he would have exelled to his potential.
I prefer the So Far Gone Drake over YMCMB Drake. Huge difference between the two. The current Drake became a gimmick,overexposed,generic,and he has oversaturated the RnB/Hip Hop mainstream market to the point people will get sick of him and his OVOXOYOLOYMCMB crew and he will be burnt out. New kid will come on and take over the mainstream spot. 

On if he'll respond to Common:
No. Because despite how it’s been worded by him, that situation is not a 'hip hop moment' or a 'battle for the sake of musical integrity'…it’s a ploy for attention around the release of an album. More than anything it was just disappointing cause what kid isn’t a fan of what Common has done for our genre. A guy who made such an incredible career for himself based off expressing genuine feelings about life and love is now targeting me for sharing my story.

Link

eyes.gif

Not that he cares but he's a joke and the definition of a female dog in my eyes. I don't understand how you don't respond, Common said it best "Son of a bit**, I can imagine what your father is". You're raised to stand up and fight even if you're gonna lose. To let someone disrespect your family and question your ethnicity like that. What a joke

Back
Top Bottom