Nets vs Sixers game thread - Nets new sixth man?

Nets are home again tonight to take on the sixers. Nets need to regain the home court magic back and a win tonight is key since we have detroit andclevelandnext on the road followed by the that other team in the tri state area coming to IZOD. Vince may be coming off the bench again but not due to injurybut because of how it worked on the road with the second unit in the second quarter of games. I am in favor of this since he will still get the minutes heusually gets and will end games on the court. Some may feel that he should just start but look at Manu in san antonio and how he plays. Hopefully we get a wintonight.

I've heard that as well & I don't like the fact of VC coming off the bench, I don't see why he can't just start. He will get the sameminutes, & even though Frank is looking to put him in with the 2nd unit to help, there is usually either Carter or RJ out there anyway with them...

Speaking of starters, I am in favor of Sean starting over Malik Allen or Jason Collins...Both are expected to start tonight.

Couple tough games coming up, so lets hope we can take care of business at home.

edit

Eh...
grin.gif

http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=5179

[h2]Carter to Come Off Bench Again[/h2]December 1, 2007, 12:57 pm
Antoine Wright will get his 10th straight start Saturday night against the Sixers, with Vince Carter coming off the bench for the Nets. Carter has no problem with his sixth-man role, saying he's willing to do "whatever is best for the team."

The Nets have to realize that starting Sean Williams is the best move they can make right now. Their bench is deep enough that it doesn't need to have theElastic Man with the 2nd unit. Let Nachbar, Allen, and (when he returns) Marcus Williams carry those guys. Williams is best running the floor and blockingshots with the starters.

I don't know what Lawrence Frank's mancrush on Jason Collins is all about.

This is a really stupid idea by Frank...I think it's about time to part ways with Frank already...He was good to us, but he just sucks with who he startsand the minutes he gets out...I really don't understand how RJ is the focal point of the offense...

Any links btw?

Well at least Carter is fine with it unlike other NBA players.

and yes links would be appreciated!!

Lawrence Frank is a ##$**!@ idiot.

I'm so sick of him and his ******ed rotations. Richard Jefferson is not capable of leading a team. All he does is drive recklessly to the hoop. If hegets bailed out, he will get to the line and get free throws. If not, he's trash with an iffy jumpshot and no handle and no playmaking/passing ability.

It's no coincidence that without Vince Carter in the NJ Nets era, the Nets are 0-11 and have lost all of the games by a double digit average.

Vince has to start and he has to be the focal point of the team. He is the best scorer, and the second best playmaker after Kidd.

And Sean Williams needs to start.

And Jason Collins needs to get fired right alongside the coach.

Yes I'm mad
mad.gif

laugh.gif

RJ and AI2 have such similar games. RJ being the better shooter while AI2 has more explosion (though RJ's hops are nice too).

But overall, I'll take RJ over Iggy.

Nice little comeback here by Jersey.

^
laugh.gif

It's obvious that you just hate RJ for some reason, so I'm not taking what you say seriously.

Even back since Zona, RJ had the better all-around game than Iggy.

laugh.gif
.... I'm mostly just clownin right now fam.

All bias aside, I think RJ is the more talented offensive player and he is a more "prepared" scorer than Iggy.

However, I think Iggy's defense, and all around ability makes him better. He's a better rebounder and a better playmaker as indicated by his assists. He is a legit threat for a triple double when he steps on the court.

RJ isn't

laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm messing around as well.

Iggy is certainly the better playmaker. And AI2 had the better Zona career too.

I'm only bigging up RJ b/c everyone seems to forget that he was putting up 22/7/4 in the season before Vince arrived. (That was only in 33 games though). Ijust think Vince's arrival stunted his growth to a degree.

Anyway, Nets up by 2 on the jumper by Vince. Let's go NJ.

::wipes brow::

Thank you Vincent Lamar Carter for saving this game for this terribly confused team
laugh.gif

I swear, the Nets have the talent... but the way it's being put together right now is utterly digusting. Things need to be figured out ASAP!

Yeah,
smh.gif
at OT.

Foul on RJ, freethrows made by Sixers, missed runner by VC.

ok it was 90-85 with like 11 seconds left at the end, how the hell did it end with 94-92? that was scary. some one tell me what happened...

A bunch of back and forth fouling since the Sixers had no timeouts. Sixers were hoping the Nets would miss some ft's. Jersey was solid at the line thoughwith RJ being the only guy to miss one.

coming back from the game and first off, the vince off the bench did't really help the team.

This game was a complete mess in the first half by the nets led to the sixers joining the fun of bad basketball in the second half. I just wanted someone fromeither team to just grab a rebound with two hands.

Then there is sean and let me just say LAWRENCE!, start him. I like what malik has done but if Williams starts, we need to have Collins start. Then there is myfavorite net of all time even more important than chris childs.

Collins, when a ball is about to go out of bounds with 1 second left on the shot clock, don't kick it! let's give the sixers 14 seconds on the clockbecause you just had to kick a ball. Stonehands needs to go. He dunked the ball 4 straight times during halftime shootaround but can't even put the ball upoff the glass for a bucket.

Very sloppy game but happy to get a win.

I bet Vince starts later on today, lol.

Hopefully we don't get in a deep whole against Detroit, because we can't keep playing like this & getting away with it.

Back
Top Bottom