Need to gain 40 pounds....Help Wanted

i dont want your money and i dont know how to post videos..but man im serious....what is so hard to believe....its not like its benching...squatting is way more easy

Luong1209 wrote:
How are you 6'0 and 140?
sick.gif

Sit, eat, NT, eat, sleep and repeat.

Ha he's not the only one. That's basically me as well.
I need to gain weight but not in such a short time like he does and
I'm looking to get to like 185? but yeah.
I decided to start working out and i've gained almost 3-4 lbs in the first week 
laugh.gif
  but it's a pain the %$#
since i consumed (before i decided to work out) nearly 4,000 calories, i believe, a day and was still losing weight with hardly any exercise
so now that i am working out, i need to consume even more food.

Any tips?

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

my cousin is 235 and is squatting 700 ...
at 235lbs your cousin will have some muscle on him (unless he like 7'') so its easier to believe than op's claim.

Squat, Deadlift, Row, Press, Bench Press.

eat 3500-4000 Cals/Day or basically the target amount you'd want to eat if you were 180.

Right now though you better learn how to play like Aaron Brooks in 4 months. Even he's heavier than you though.

Cycle M-Drol and you're good brah. Oh yeah 140lbs squatting 325 x 10? LOL! Bro i'm a lean 185 11% and can only squat 315 x6

yep..........count me in too

im not callin ducktales but for you weright thats good numbers............its possible.........if you got youtube vids id wanna see.

When I started lifting I gained 30 lbs of solid muscle in 6 months. I went to the extreme tho. I took in about 5K calories a day and worked out 6 days a week. Good workouts too. I also ate EXTREMELY healthy. On top of that, I have really good genetics so that also helped me gain AND stay lean. Your genetics are going to play a big part in your developement. I know some people that worked harder than even I did for YEARS and never really got the results they wanted. One of them even considered HGH because he felt like he needed it to give him a boost. Like, his body is naturally on the chubby side. Even tho he looked better than he ever had looked by a mile, he wasn't ever able to get then lean 6' 195lb cut look that he wanted. So yeah, your genetics will play a HUGE role in your development

When I get back in the gym I'm going to hit my goal of 175, where I used to be at. I'm 6'0 150 now and it took me a while to get to 175. Last summer I unwittingly learned that PB&J def. does help in bulking and I used to kill those. Oatmeal, tuna fish, eggs, and a lot of grilled chicken also works plus it's relatively lean muscle you gain. Low reps and high weights also work for bulking as stated earlier. The GNC Mass XXX helps gain water weight so you can do that for the last part to appear bigger.

On another note I have seen small people lift a lot of weight but that squat seems ridiculous. And are you counting the bar for your 180 press cause I'm hoping I got you there at least lol.

Originally Posted by 45Nique15

son i told you...that i workout in the gym 4-5x a week..im really not that week...and yeah i can squat that much...WHY PEOPLE GOTTA HATE
Platinum Funk yeah a free bar...and i know how to squat the right way......and to Smedroc just because you might be weak dont hate on me
No one's hating, it's just an absurd claim at your height and weight.

I'm 6'4 190, and I squat around 225x10 on my best days. It's just hard for me to fathom someone your size squatting 325x10. Like, my mind would never be able to accept that unless I saw it, and your form was decent at least.

And also, if you squat 325x10, it's almost impossible for you to be that weak on your bench.

As I said, either you're going down 30% as low as you should, or you're the strongest person in the world.

i was in ur position last summer...although no where near as skinny (6'0 170 - 190 in 2-3 months)
trust me and everybody else that says ur not eating enough
ur goal of 40 lbs in 5 months is unrealistic though unless you wanna put on a considerable amount of fat, which im assuming is not what you want to do for basketball
basically, eat every 3 hours...doesnt have to be a full entree, maybe wheat bread and peanut butter...and drink 2 protein shakes a day
heres a sample diet:
Breakfast- 1 cup oatmeal, glass of milk(2%/skim), 2 eggs
3 hours later - 3-4 wheat bread with lots of peanut butter on each, protein shake
Lunch - Spaghetti, Meatballs, glass of milk(preferably 2% or skim)
3 hours later - Protein Shake, 3-4 wheat bread with PB
Dinner - 1 cup Brown Rice, Steak/Chicken Breast , Glass of milk
3 hours later - Some Yogurt maybe, wheat bread w/PB, etc.
So basically dont stop eating...and you might wanna cut out the cardio including bball workouts or really limit the time ur doing them.
at your weight and height, you should be gaining weight for the first 3-4 weeks easily.

Back
Top Bottom